• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rayner’s SE Ohio Spring Sniper Challenge 3/31-4/1

mscott

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2007
Central Ohio
O.K., here it comes again. March 31-April 1. I just cut and pasted the info below from the previous match thread, but I'm sure it will be similar. Any changes will be announced in this thread. There will be 20 shooters per day for Saturday and Sunday. $50 match fee is due by March 1st. Any cancellations after March 10 will not be refunded. If you already signed up after the last match you are GTG and no need to call back in.

Cost to shoot the match will be $ 50.00. There will be trophies for 1st 2nd and 3rd places (NO PRIZE TABLE). Start time will be 8:00 am. We are looking at about 20 stages. We are going to run a few stages timed like a pistol match. Most stages you will have 2 shots per target if needed. It looks as if the longest shot will be 950 yards. Minimum of 45 shots and max of about 80. It will be shot in a one day format. All competitors will pre register for the match. They will be able to shoot the match either on a Saturday or a Sunday. The staff will shoot on Friday. It looks as if there will be 2 different structures to shoot from incorporated into the match. Scoring will be 10 points for a first shot hit and 5 points for a 2nd shot hit. Competitors will walk and carry what ever they think they will need for the match. There will be a break for lunch. There will be no spotters. We will call out a hit or a miss that is it. The scenario is You are behind enemy lines and your spotter is dead. There are no classes .... it's run what you brung. Nothing larger than .338 and of course no armor piercing ammo. Target ranges will be given, so no range finding needed.

For directions, contact info etc. the web site is http://www.raynersrange.com/ There are also monthly matches on the 4th Sunday of every month if you'd like to check it out ahead of time. Overnight camping is permitted. Food and drinks will be available for purchase at the concession/registration area.

Re: March 31-April 1 Rayner’s Southeastern Ohio Spring

As of today there are 6 slots left for Saturday and 12 for Sunday.

1 left for Saturday and plenty on Sunday.

Are there still 2 spots available for Sunday?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there still 2 spots available for Sunday? </div></div>

You'll need to contact Tom or Carolyn for registration. Their number and email is listed on the web site.

Saturday is full with 1 on the waiting list. Sunday still has 11 openings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there still 2 spots available for Sunday? </div></div>

I'm guessing you got your dates for your GA turkey hunt?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubMOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there still 2 spots available for Sunday? </div></div>

I'm guessing you got your dates for your GA turkey hunt? </div></div>

Yep, no problem!
It's a week or so later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there still 2 spots available for Sunday? </div></div>

You'll need to contact Tom or Carolyn for registration. Their number and email is listed on the web site. </div></div>

No answer on the phone today. I'm going to send them an email.
Thanks!

Death in the family

My cousin Mike and I may need to shift to Sunday. I spoke with Mrs. Rayner today. If we do shift I will let everyone know so that you guys will know who slots will open for sat.

Thanks,
Merritt

We're in for Sunday.

And don't forget the pack full of snacks and drinks to bribe the RO's.
grin.gif

Probably won't work but the thought is always what counts.

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topstrap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And don't forget the pack full of snacks and drinks to bribe the RO's.

Topstrap </div></div>
Are there particular snacks/drinks that said RO's preferr???? It is always better to bribe with the RO's favorites....Just tryin to pack correctly.

Looks like a few things changed around. There are 2 slots open for Saturday and 1 on Sunday. If you haven't paid or made other arrangements you need to get that done, please.

Called and left a message about the last spot on sunday.

Match is now full!

You can still get on the waiting list in case of any cancellations.

I took your advice and got that tri-pod.... I may never need it. That is, until I need it....
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubMOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hugo. I'll be there.
smile.gif
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I took your advice and got that tri-pod.... I may never need it. That is, until I need it....
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubMOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hugo. I'll be there.
smile.gif
</div></div> </div></div>

Better to have than have not! I'm sure the Rayners will have somewhere that you'll need it.

I see a stump in my future.....
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubMOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I took your advice and got that tri-pod.... I may never need it. That is, until I need it....
wink.gif

smile.gif
</div></div> </div></div>

Better to have than have not! I'm sure the Rayners will have somewhere that you'll need it. </div></div>

Hmmmmm, cross off the big stump....... looks up and sees a big tree limb about 15' up...... hmmmmmmmmmm

Topstrap

smile.gif
</div></div>

Hugo, you can listen to DaveO complain about those "gamer" guns, that's always good for a laugh ... but wait, he has a gamer gun now LOL

Utto.... What Dave shooting now????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoldenRSR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubMOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hugo. I'll be there.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Hugo, you can listen to DaveO complain about those "gamer" guns, that's always good for a laugh ... but wait, he has a gamer gun now LOL </div></div>

I hope my big butt doesn't have to try to get up a tree.... I'm not as young as I look....
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topstrap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmmmm, cross off the big stump....... looks up and sees a big tree limb about 15' up...... hmmmmmmmmmm

Topstrap </div></div>

I can't let you guys with the short mags have all the fun.

I may just have to bring out the 270WSM for one more go round.... Na.... I want to see what I can do with this .284win
wink.gif

Nothing larger than .338....How about a speed limit?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing larger than .338....How about a speed limit? </div></div>

No speed limit as of now, so bring it on within reason. As long as it's in a .338 Lapua neighborhood it's legal. Neck down a .50BMG to .338 and I'd call that not reasonable. If targets get tore up he might do something next match, but I don't know that anything has been a problem so far.

"Minimum of 45 shots and max of about 80"

These numbers still good?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing larger than .338....How about a speed limit? </div></div>

Lol just come out with it already hulkster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Minimum of 45 shots and max of about 80"

These numbers still good? </div></div>

Yep.

Goodluck to all you shooters tomorrow and Sunday, post video and pics and a report after its done. Wished I could have made it, put me down for fall for sure.

As always, a great match put on by Rayner's. Some of the stages from the fall match and several new one's mixed in to keep you on your toes. I managed to snag some raspberry off the pies table! LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob53</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I managed to snag some raspberry off the pies table! LOL </div></div>

Congrats on your big win
laugh.gif

This was my first trip to Rayners, what a great group of people and a well run match. A lot of fun stages. Thanks to the Rayners, I will be back!

Another great match at the Rayner's. Great mix of new and favorite positions. I can just imagine what the match dictators may think up for this coming fall....
wink.gif

Man. What a great group of guys and very well run match. Thanks to Rayners, the range officers and all the competitors today. We had a great group of shooters in our squad. Never a dull moment.

Josh

What a great match. Thanks to all those that helped and made it run smoothly. Not a single hitch all day. The weather on Sunday was near perfect with typical winds. I am looking forward to the match in Nov.

My cheap-o laptop can't open the attachment to the results e-mail....
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Inquiring minds want to know - who won? </div></div>

Wish I didn't have to miss it..last minute.....But Family First

Rayners Spring Sniper Challenge
Mar. 31 - Apr. 1, 2012
1. Dave Preston
2. Aaron Addy
3. Dave Ostrowske
4. Doug Dearinger
5. Josh Hamilton
6. Corey Smith
7. Dave Choma
8. Hugo Herold
9. Zack Purvis
10. Tom Sarver
11. Jim Ashcraft
12. Mike Cooper
13. Rob Ashcraft
14. Jeff Preston
15. Mike Scott
16. Josey Rayner
17. Mark Patrick
18. Zac Coffing
19. James Rowe
20. Sean Hausman
21. Kurt Laughton
22. Kurt Poeppleman
23. Mike McDowell
24. Mike Eddy
25. Jim Bragg
26. Matt Totin
27. Shawn Bordenkicher
28. Chris Michael
29. Merritt Roseberry
30. Mike Richardson
31. Alex Nethers
32. Mike Abell
33. Jeff Raymond
34. Kevin Johnston
35. Karl Vradenburg
36. Ed Gudgel
37. Ian Kelbly
38. Lon Jenkins
39. Carl Busse

The initial results did not have #15 listed. I emailed Tom and he gave me his position.

Congrats to Dave P. on his win...
laugh.gif

I'd like to give a Bravo Zulu to Young Carl for his die hard effort for such a young lad...
wink.gif

Looks like status quo for myself, but that's good enough for me... :p

Well said Hugo! Carl hung in there all day, he's gonna be a force to reckon with in the near future!!

Congrats for those at the top of the list. That was some good shooting to get there.

Big thanks to the Rayners, Range Officers, and everyone else that made this such a well-run and fun match.

Anyone that wants in on the November match might want to get your name on the list if you haven't already. When I signed up that match was over 1/2 full.