• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rayner’s SE Ohio Spring Sniper Challenge 3/31-4/1

Re: March 31-April 1 Rayner’s Southeastern Ohio Spring

Congrats to Dave.P for the win.

And a job well done for Aaron Addy for coming in second.

Hugo, you can say one thing about shooting with us, your gonna laugh.
smile.gif

A big thanks goes out to the Rayners for they're hard work in putting this match together. Another thank you to all the RO's for keeping us moving along.

I too must congratulate young Carl for hanging in there all day, he's gonna kick some butt in the future.

Look forward to the fall match.

Just make sure we're squaded in the fall... We got jokes...
wink.gif

I'll be seeing you at Reade in May.. :p

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubMOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats to Dave.P for the win.

And a job well done for Aaron Addy for coming in second.

Hugo, you can say one thing about shooting with us, your gonna laugh.
smile.gif

A big thanks goes out to the Rayners for they're hard work in putting this match together. Another thank you to all the RO's for keeping us moving along.

I too must congratulate young Carl for hanging in there all day, he's gonna kick some butt in the future.

Look forward to the fall match. </div></div>

My first long range match and it was definetly a good time. The people at the match were top notch. The Rayners and RO's were great people and I am looking forward to November. Thank you to the Rayners and Congrats to dave.

Congrats to Dave on the win! It was my first match and I can't wait till nov. Thanks Rayner's, RO's, and everyone that was there helping and competing!!!

Re: Rayner’s SE Ohio Spring Sniper Challenge 3/31-4/1

Congratulations on the win Dave!! It's good to see a Preston at the top of the list!
grin.gif

Thanks to all the guys in my group for a fun day, and thanks to the Rayners and the RO's for putting in all of the hard work so the rest of us could come out and play!
Mark and I hope to see y'all on a regular basis this year.

hugo

Dave C here. Thanks for at least missing something so I can say I kicked your ass!

Good to hear you are out of NY. Bring an extra cigar with you to Reade so I can burn one with you seeing I cant hang with the rest of the crew I travel with.

Great job DAVE P

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also.... What was the "True" range of the UKD Target???? </div></div>

I came up with 600 yards and it was lazed at 603 yards. Too bad I misread the stinking wind.

And as always thanks to Tom and the other ROs for a great shoot. Thanks for all the guys in my group for making the day as much of a comedy show as a competition.

Good Luck,
Merritt

Congrats on the win Dave P. Had a good time shooting with you guys this time around. You shot that lil 6x47L very well.

later
Rob

Dave C... I'll bring some nice hand rolled for Reade....
wink.gif

Hugo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crossgun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hugo

Dave C here. Thanks for at least missing something so I can say I kicked your ass!

Good to hear you are out of NY. Bring an extra cigar with you to Reade so I can burn one with you seeing I cant hang with the rest of the crew I travel with.

Great job DAVE P </div></div>

I had come up with 590 with the Mil-Dot Master, and shot right both times....
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mwroseberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also.... What was the "True" range of the UKD Target???? </div></div>

I came up with 600 yards and it was lazed at 603 yards. Too bad I misread the stinking wind.

And as always thanks to Tom and the other ROs for a great shoot. Thanks for all the guys in my group for making the day as much of a comedy show as a competition.

Good Luck,
Merritt </div></div>

Thanks to The Ranyners for a fine match. Thanks to all the RO's for a great job and a very well run match as always.
I always have a great time when I'm there and hope to get back soon.
Thanks to the girls in the kitchen for the good food that always hits the spot!

Congratulations to Dave for the win! Did not know what you were shooting but whatever it is I'm sure it's more than the cartridge that earned the win...it's the man who makes it go boom! Good job man hope to see you at TVP again soon.

Hope to see everyone again real soon!

After the match was over we went around and shot a couple of the stages just to see if we could hit some stuff. My son, Chris ranged the red unknown distance target at 650 with his SS 5-20 and first miss was at 9:00 1" out and second shot centered it. Asked Tom later the distance and he wasn't exactly sure but at least that is what we hit it at.

We had an enjoyable time watching everyone shoot, got to see some great shots and also some frustrating shooting due to wind and awkward shooting positions. I do have to say that no matter how poorly someone did on a stage not one single person showed poor sportsmanship. A few dammit, f**k and how the hell did I miss it were muttered along with the razzing from fellow shooters with what should of been an easy hit.

I think this year was a bit more challenging with fewer hits but if it was easy everyone could do it. Ya only learn when you are challenged. I do believe we'll give it a go next time around just we can take our place at the bottom of the list. Good job to everyone, it was a long weekend but an enjoyable time watching shooters doing what they love in a beautiful natural setting.

Topstrap

I ranged the yellow unknown distance at 603 with a rangefinder after we shot. I did not range the red one though

The yellow and red targets were not side by side. The yellow one was 600 and the red one 650 ish

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone have any pictures from the match? </div></div>

I took a few videos I will post links when I get them up.

How many guys were able to find, let alone hit both targets on the countersniper stage through the logs?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubMOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many guys were able to find, let alone hit both targets on the countersniper stage through the logs? </div></div>

i found and hit the left target on the c/s stage. couldn't do it on the other. shit was tough.

Those Counter Sniper targets thru the logs were nearly impossible to find even in our spotting scopes Saturday morning with the cloud cover. Afternoon group had it a bit easier when the sun came out on the left one but the one on the right was by far the toughest.

I believe 3 guys (all with S&B) found one and young Carl (with youthful eyes) found one but didn't hit it on Saturday. I think maybe 3 found the left one on Sunday but maybe only one or two hit it. Jim Ashcraft spent 1/2 of his time looking for one and then switched to the other on his second minute, we heard the bolt close and all eyes were glued on the target. Boooooom, spotter said "Mike", meaning miss and then a distinct "RING". All looked at each other trying to figure out where it hit since it sounded so solid but nothing on the target. Ended up he just wanted to hear steel ring and was wanting to get his moneys worth so he shot the big 15" plate at 630 yards.
smile.gif

I think Josey was the artist that made them blend in so well but like everyone said, a real Sniper out there hiding would be even harder to find.

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topstrap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those Counter Sniper targets thru the logs were nearly impossible to find even in our spotting scopes Saturday morning with the cloud cover. Afternoon group had it a bit easier when the sun came out on the left one but the one on the right was by far the toughest.

I believe 3 guys (all with S&B) found one and young Carl (with youthful eyes) found one but didn't hit it on Saturday. I think maybe 3 found the left one on Sunday but maybe only one or two hit it. Jim Ashcraft spent 1/2 of his time looking for one and then switched to the other on his second minute, we heard the bolt close and all eyes were glued on the target. Boooooom, spotter said "Mike", meaning miss and then a distinct "RING". All looked at each other trying to figure out where it hit since it sounded so solid but nothing on the target. Ended up he just wanted to hear steel ring and was wanting to get his moneys worth so he shot the big 15" plate at 630 yards.
smile.gif

I think Josey was the artist that made them blend in so well but like everyone said, a real Sniper out there hiding would be even harder to find.

Topstrap </div></div>

The guy with the 5-25 (hubble) USO found both and hit both if memory serves me correctly. And I think 5 or 6 out of my group found the one on the left in total. You guys did a fine job hiding those puppies.

Thanks,
Merritt

Topstrap, I think that when Jim rang that plate at 630. That was the high lite of the afternoon. Lol. Thanks to all the RO's and the rayners for a great day. I know I was sore the next day!
Corey

Corey Smith - Contact me at your convenience please.