• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rayner's 2012 schedule Blue Rock, OH

mscott

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2007
Central Ohio
In case anyone wants to plan ahead and mark your calendars for next year, here is the Rayner's schedule for next year. That's a fine example of an organized operation.

Pistol Matches start at 9:00am and run until 5:00 pm

Long Range Matches sign in at 9:00am Shooter's Meeting at 9:30am

Cost to shoot the match is $20.00
Reshoots and side matches are $5.00
The side matches are a separate match so you have the option to shoot pistol match
or the side match or both.

February 19 USPSA Pistol Match & .22 /Combat Rifle Side Matches

February 25 or 26 Long Range Match

March 18 USPSA Match & 22/ Combat Shotgun Side Matches

March 24 or 25 Long Range Match

March 31-April 1 Rayner’s Southeastern Ohio Spring Sniper Challenge

April 15 USPSA Match & .22 / Combat Rifle Side Matches

April 21 or 22 Long Range Match

May 20 USPSA Pistol Match & .22/ Combat Shotgun Side Matches

May 26 or 27 Long Range Match

June 17 USPSA Pistol Match & .22/ Combat Rifle Side Matches

June 23 or 24 Long Range Match

July 15 USPSA Pistol Match & .22/ Combat Shotgun Side Matches

July 21 or 22 Long Range Match

July 29 Cancer Benefit Multi-Gun 3-Gun Match

August 19 USPSA Pistol Match & .22/ Combat Rifle Side Matches

August 25 or 26 Long Range Match

Sept. 16 USPSA Pistol Match & .22/ Combat Shotgun Side Matches

Sept. 22 or 23 Long Range Match

Oct. 21 USPSA Pistol Match & .22/ Combat Rifle Side Matches

Oct. 27 or 28 Long Range Match

Nov. 3-4 Rayner’s Southeastern Ohio Fall Sniper Challenge

Nov. 18 2012 Year End Party

Re: Rayner's 2012 schedule Blue Rock, OH

If your talking about the sniper challenge I signed up at the end of the last one.
grin.gif

I'm sure Carolyn has a book started for next year, so go ahead and give her a call.

Don't forget you don't have to have anything fancy to shoot these matches. Been some great scores shot with regular hunting rifles.

Come get your feet wet and enjoy listening for that distant "ting".

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubMOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awe hell, Put me down for both sniper matches...</div></div>
ut oh... Dave will have his "gamer gun" finished for these. Everybody better watch out because now he can cheat wind like the rest of us!

Everybody needs to contact the Rayners to be added to the list. Posting in this thread WILL NOT get you a spot at the sniper challenge matches.

is the sniper match $20? I thought it was 50 in the fall?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sch2046</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is the sniper match $20? I thought it was 50 in the fall? </div></div>
The "Sniper Challenge" matches are $50. Everything else is $20

Hard to believe that the season will start up in just 5 short weeks. I'm looking forward to it. Hope everbody is ready. I'm not!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hard to believe that the season will start up in just 5 short weeks. I'm looking forward to it. Hope everbody is ready. I'm not!!! </div></div>

I hope to have the new stick back from melonite and get it bedded in the stock but I don't think it will be ready to go for the Feb match so I'll lob 308 bullets at the steel LOL

Would love to be there, but the Big Cottonwood Canyon is calling my name that weekend.

Hey, I may be able to join you guys a few times, my off days actually line up with a few of those match dates this year!
laugh.gif

BTT since the 1st match of the new year will be here in less than 2 weeks. Looking forward to seeing what sort of new rifles pop up after the winter break.

i heard there is a couple new short sticks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skivy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i heard there is a couple new short sticks </div></div>

You mean you heard a couple "Short Stick" users are venturing over to the Dark Side with another on the way to play with the long stick shooters?

Match is this Sunday, weather looks good compared to what is on either side of it this week.

Signup at 9:00AM, shooting starts at 10:00AM on steel from 234 to 1000 yards. Come on out even if you've never shot that far before, plenty of help available if you'd like to try it. Bring what ya got and have fun. Nothing like that distant "ding" a few seconds after the gun goes off.

Topstrap

match is saturday and sunday...no?

has the round count changed from 50ish?

Saturday or Sunday. Saturday start is 9:00 and Sunday start time is 10:00. Obviously be there 1/2 hour early to register. 36 rounds needed for the day.

mscott said:
Saturday or Sunday. Saturday start is 9:00 and Sunday start time is 10:00. Obviously be there 1/2 hour early to register. 36 rounds needed for the day. [/quote

Roger that. Thanks mike

I'll be there with at least 4 others for tomorrow's shoot. Hope you guys have fun Sunday with the good weather but one of our shooters works on Sunday so we are locked in to Sat.

Good Luck,
Merritt

Tomorrow does look kinda nasty. Can easily see 7 or 8 minutes of wind on the long targets. Good luck, hopefully it'll be all over when we start on Sunday.

Topstrap

Wind was very nasty. Changed 9min on me at 700yards while I was between rounds. Hope you boys have better conditions tomorrow. It's pretty bad when you're happy to walk away with a 200.

Good luck,
Merritt

Wow, it's that time again already. This Saturday and Sunday is the long range match, so get your ammo loaded and honey-do stuff done.

This month there's no reason to feel sorry for that guy with the ugly gun, so make him work for it this time
laugh.gif
. He's obviously sandbaggin'.

your not talking about the guy that borrowed your license plate are you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skivy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">your not talking about the guy that borrowed your license plate are you </div></div>

Borrowing license plates is illegal. Using somebody elses name is not only legal but encouraged in the u.s.
grin.gif

Especially if you wanna be extra snipery
wink.gif

Turned out to be a pretty nice day. Glad to see some new faces crossing the border for a fun day of shooting rifles as well. Between the Saturday shooters and those registered on Sunday there were 70 shooters for the weekend. A couple shot both days, but that's still one heck of a turn out!! Must be doing something right ..... I'm guessing it's the well stocked pies table and great hospitality. Thanks Tom, Carolyn, and everyone else that keeps these events going.

Match Results Rayner's

My son, Chris and myself also had a great weekend at Rayners. Nice to see so many new shooters show up. Wind played a big factor today but still some great scores were shot. A bit of bragging but congratulations to my son Chris for his second time out with his new rifle shooting a 340 this time. For the second match in a row I sucked with my pistol but did finally find out what has been wrong with such poor scores, the back mounting screw block had torn out of the bedding and was letting the action flop around. It was loose last month and I thought a bit of tightening up would cure it but after the match was over today we found you could lift the scope up nearly 1/4" out of the stock. Oh well, lesson learned here guys. If it starts shooting different than it used to, check EVERYTHING cause something has changed.

I think this might of been the best turnout so far, if you haven't been to Rayners it's a very challenging and fun match with a lot of great shooters to spend the day with. You can walk up to nearly anyone and ask a question about their equipment and usually they'll even let you shoot it and try it out. Don't forget the Sniper match next weekend, spectators are welcome to watch.

Match results:

O = Rifle Optics M = Rifle Metallic H = Handgun
Dan Wolfe(260) O 375
Jim Elk(6Big Bird) O 370
Jim Ashcraft(Ugly Gun) O 345
Chris Kirkpatrick(260) O 340
Jim Lochary(243 IMP) O 340
Chris Michael(6XC) O 325
Jim Bragg(6.5 EXT) O 315
Jeff Preston(6.5x47L) O 310
Craig Wickham(6.5 Cre) O 310
Zac Coffing(243 AI) O 305
Joe Wesley(6 Blue Spruce) O 300
Aaron Addy(7WSM) O 290
Dave Arbenz(338 Lap) O 290
Josey Rayner(280) O 290
Mark Patrick(260) O 270
Mike Scott(260) O 270
Craig Wickham(308) O 270
Dave Choma(308) O 265
Chris Michael(308) O 265
Cris Rensi(308) O 265
Dan Wolfe(300SAUM) O 265
Ed Gudgel(6MMBR) O 260
Mike McDowell(22.250) O 260
Eric Holbrook(223) O 255
Gary Morris(260) O 250
Dave Ostrowske(7WSM) O 250
Travis Tropp(308) O 250
Mike Walpole(308) O 250
Brian White(6.5CRE) O 245
Carl Jooss(243) O 240
Dan Piatt(308) O 240
Ben Pieper(?) O 240
Dave Callipere(260) O 230
Bob Fellowa(6BR) O 230
David Melick(260) O 230
Daniel Wolfe(308) O 230
Tom Harris(243AI) O 225
Hollie Michael(6.5 CRE) O 225
Tad VanNess(?) O 220
Kurt Loughton(308) O 210
Jesse Rayner(708) O 210
Brenda Wolfe(308) O 205
Carl Busse(223) O 200
Tom Rayner(7MM) O 200
Josh Guthrie(7MM) O 195
Larry Skivolocke(243AI) O 195
Robert Melick(260) O 190
Jeff Raymond(338RUM) O 190
Don HolbrockJr.(223) O 185
Hollie Michael(6XC) O 185
Rick Geraci(308) O 180
Cuda Gatten(?) O 170
Rob Ashcraft(6.5Gre) O 165
Mike Cooper(308) O 165
Dennis Kirkpatrick(260) H 165
Tom Rayner(243) O 160
Everett Holbrook(223) O 155
Brian Miller(308) O 150
Andy Patterson(300WSM) O 150
Rube Perkins(7MM) O 145
Alex Nethers(308) O 140
Randy Roblin(25.06) O 130
Tom Steelesmith(?) O 125
Becca Vineyard(243) O 115
Carl Busse(223 reshoot) O 85
Harry Duell(22-250) O 60
Terry Vineyard(22-250) O 55
Lawrence Leaman(7MM Cast) M 10

Topstrap

Re: Match Results Rayner's

Man that's quite an impressive list,what a turnout !

Good shooting Dan. The wind MUST HAVE BEEN less on Saturday and the targets MUCH larger.
grin.gif
Stupid little targets!!!
cry.gif

Congrats to Zac for making the top 10 this month. Good shootin lil buddy!

I'd like to say thanks to the Rayners for putting on a great shoot, and thanks to everybody else for making a couple of new guys feel welcome!!
We're looking forward to coming up for the (Sunday) sniper shoot!