• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rayner's SE Ohio Sniper Challenge Oct. 29-30

mscott

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2007
Central Ohio
O.K., here it comes again this fall. I just cut and pasted the info below from the previous match thread, but I'm sure it will be similar. Any changes will be announced in this thread. There will be 20 shooters per day for Saturday and Sunday. $50 match fee is due by Oct. 1st. Any cancellations after Oct. 10 will not be refunded. If you already signed up after the first match you are GTG and no need to call back in.

Cost to shoot the match will be $ 50.00. There will be trophies for 1st 2nd and 3rd places. Start time will be 8:00 am. We are looking at about 20 stages. We are going to run a few stages timed like a pistol match. Most stages you will have 2 shots per target if needed. It looks as if the longest shot will be 950 yards. Minimum of 45 shots and max of about 80. It will be shot in a one day format. All competitors will pre register for the match. They will be able to shoot the match either on a Saturday or a Sunday. The staff will shoot on Friday. It looks as if there will be 2 different structures to shoot from incorporated into the match. Scoring will be 10 points for a first shot hit and 5 points for a 2nd shot hit. Competitors will walk and carry what ever they think they will need for the match. There will be a break for lunch. There will be no spotters. We will call out a hit or a miss that is it. The scenario is You are behind enemy lines and your spotter is dead. There are no classes .... it's run what you brung. Nothing larger than .338 and of course no armor piercing ammo. Target ranges will be given, so no range finding needed.

Web site does not have this match listed yet, but will be updated soon. For directions, contact info etc. the web site is http://www.raynersrange.com/ There are also monthly matches on the 4th Sunday of every month (except April due to Easter) if you'd like to check it out ahead of time. Overnight camping is permitted. Food and drinks will be available for purchase at the concession/registration area.

Re: Rayner's SE Ohio Sniper Challenge Oct. 29-30

Thank you so much for letting everyone know even before the website is updated.
smile.gif

My muzzle brake is getting installed now so please sign me up for Sat.

Thanks,
Merritt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Prize table? </div></div>

No prize table .... that's why it's only $50 to shoot the match.

mwroseberry and everyone else, you will need to contact the Rayner's to get your spot reserved. I have nothing to do with the match other than posting here, answering questions, and shooting the match.

mike, i'm in for the oct match. lock me for saturday.

Already on the list, can't wait for the next one!

Learned a lot from the last match being around a great bunch of shooters. Now I just have to work on it all over the next 4-5 months.

See everyone in Oct if not sooner!
M Richardson

I've been practicing all week, I think I know the difference between my left and right
grin.gif

See ya in October

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been practicing all week, I think I know the difference between my left and right
grin.gif

See ya in October </div></div>

I heard about that. Funny how things can happen when there is a timer running.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

mwroseberry and everyone else, you will need to contact the Rayner's to get your spot reserved. I have nothing to do with the match other than posting here, answering questions, and shooting the match. </div></div>

Tom, Doug, Merrit, and everyone else, you will need to contact the Rayner's to confirm your spot for the match. This thread is for information only.

Looks like the match is about half way filled up, so don't put off that phone call or email too long.

I checked today and there are 16 spots still available.

I bet they can get a donation prize table if they just asked some of the site sponsors.

Just an idea and I bet they would fill those slots if they could pull something together for a prize table.

There's plenty of time to fill the spots. I don't think their too worried about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mwroseberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bet they can get a donation prize table if they just asked some of the site sponsors.

Just an idea and I bet they would fill those slots if they could pull something together for a prize table. </div></div>

100% agreed.

I'm thinking that most of those wishing for a prize table have never had to assemble a prize table. If you do well in the match everybody knows it ..... that's a lot better prize than a set of rings or something else you don't need and sell in the classifieds for 1/2 their value. I'd personally rather see effort put into good props and stages while keeping the entry fee down to where people can easily afford to shoot a good quality match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm thinking that most of those wishing for a prize table have never had to assemble a prize table. If you do well in the match everybody knows it ..... that's a lot better prize than a set of rings or something else you don't need and sell in the classifieds for 1/2 their value. I'd personally rather see effort put into good props and stages while keeping the entry fee down to where people can easily afford to shoot a good quality match. </div></div>

I'm sure you're talking about me in that group and here's how I feel. Shooters put a lot of time and money into the sport, drive a long way sometimes to attend matches which racks up a large gas/hotel/food bill and it's nice to have a shot at getting "something" out of it.

Look at it this way. If there's a match that costs $50 to shoot with no prize table in OH and there is an identical match that costs $55 to enter that has a prize table ($5x20=$100 in cash or prizes) in TN, I'm going to the $55 match in TN for the chance of getting lucky and winning something in return. The $75 or whatever first place prize probably wouldn't even cover gas/food but I personally would be thrilled to have won the match and get something back from it. If I lose, I at least had a chance to win the match and something tangible.

It's your match and we're not trying to tell you how to do things, just giving a little constructive criticism from a shooter/competitor perspective.

Still have openings?
If so I would like to attend again.

Also, TVP will donate something "IF" the folks who are putting on the match will take the offer.

It doesn't matter to me one way or the other if there are prizes at a match. It's nice but not necessary and there should be only ONE prize and ONE winner unless it's a team match.
Anyone after first place is defeated. Many times in my years of competition shooting I've came in first...but just as often 2nd..3rd...4th...and 5th. out of 100 or more shooters.
I always got the strange feeling while going to the prize table after coming in after #1. I guess even in boxing the guy who gets his butt kicked gets something.
Prizes are a pain in the ass and with more and more of these so called tactical matches sponsors can't always continue to give.
I think receiving your money back and maybe some wood is all that is needed.
This is just my opinion guys, take it for what it's worth and my offer still stands if the folks at Rayner's need anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

It's your match and we're not trying to tell you how to do things, just giving a little constructive criticism from a shooter/competitor perspective.</div></div>

Not my match .... I just posted the info as the Rayner's aren't too big on chatting on the internet forums. I'm at their range a couple times a month. The whole prize table debate thing will probably be settled about the same time the best rifle cartridge is determined, so no sense in debating it here.

Tom and anyone else, you'll need to call the Rayner's as I don't have a list of competitors. I'll check this weekend at the multigun match to see what is still available. I'm guessing the spots will all be gone soon as October really isn't that far away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Heat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2e247c02.jpg

Lol </div></div>

If I get banned from the match then you have to pay for gas by yourself!
grin.gif

O.K., here's an update. Saturday is full. There are 7 spots available on Sunday and I doubt they'll last long. Better call if you want in.

Now for those of you wanting prizes .... you gotta earn them.
1st place earns $50 and a trophy
2nd place gets $25 and a trophy
3rd place gets $10 and a trophy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">4 left for Sunday. </div></div>

How did that happen with no prize table??

At this rate, I think all the spots are going to fill up.

I won't be in Ohio after Labor Day. But if I was I would compete for no prizes. I think a friendly competition with all the camaraderie is the best kind of competition. Bragging rights would be enough for me. I also feel as the prize value goes up, the competition gets more cut-throat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mwroseberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bet they can get a donation prize table if they just asked some of the site sponsors.

Just an idea and I bet they would fill those slots if they could pull something together for a prize table. </div></div>

100% agreed. </div></div>

I didn't want to post the pic of the <span style="font-weight: bold">pies table</span> from the last match but, other people wanted to see it. If word gets out, they may have to shoot Monday as well
grin.gif

2010-06-27121640-1.jpg

Glad I checked this tonight..... I was going to mail out my payment to shoot Saturday.....

There are 3 slots open for Sunday as of this afternoon. I'm sure there will be a waiting list if anyone needs to shoot Saturday or after the last 3 spots are filled for Sunday.

Mmmmmmmm ....... pies

Now that's what I call a prize table

Food for thought...........

If competitors WANT to pay more to shoot the match, they could charge $52.50 for the entry fee and then EVERYONE would win a piece of pie!

how much does operating a private range cost, I am sure the property taxes are free just like the clubs that rent from the state for 1$ a year, and I know all that $60 a plate steel was donated, how many 1000 yd ranges are in Ohio that are open too the public?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2glocks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how much does operating a private range cost, I am sure the property taxes are free just like the clubs that rent from the state for 1$ a year, and I know all that $60 a plate steel was donated, how many 1000 yd ranges are in Ohio that are open too the public? </div></div>

what exactly does this have to do with anything? your ass is showing there 2glocks. if you only knew half of what you thought you did....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch engage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2glocks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how much does operating a private range cost, I am sure the property taxes are free just like the clubs that rent from the state for 1$ a year, and I know all that $60 a plate steel was donated, how many 1000 yd ranges are in Ohio that are open too the public? </div></div>

what exactly does this have to do with anything? your ass is showing there 2glocks. if you only knew half of what you thought you did.... </div></div>

Are you shooting on Saturday Killswitch??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Heat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch engage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2glocks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how much does operating a private range cost, I am sure the property taxes are free just like the clubs that rent from the state for 1$ a year, and I know all that $60 a plate steel was donated, how many 1000 yd ranges are in Ohio that are open too the public? </div></div>

what exactly does this have to do with anything? your ass is showing there 2glocks. if you only knew half of what you thought you did.... </div></div>

Are you shooting on Saturday Killswitch?? </div></div>

yes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch engage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Heat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch engage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2glocks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how much does operating a private range cost, I am sure the property taxes are free just like the clubs that rent from the state for 1$ a year, and I know all that $60 a plate steel was donated, how many 1000 yd ranges are in Ohio that are open too the public? </div></div>

Are you shooting on Saturday Killswitch?? </div></div>

yes </div></div>

Good, because I want to punch you square in the face Dougie.
laugh.gif

huh killswitch, ever heard of "sarcasm" , maybe if some of the whiners on here ever paid any property taxes or bought any steel, or operated a range, or a business maybe they would realize the deal their getting. and be glad there are 2 1000 yd ranges within an hour of each other

oh and for the record, with the exception of the Ranyer's , I have put more bullets down range there, and used more tannerite there then anyone that has ever shot there.

steve....does your mother know you are on the internet again???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2glocks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">huh killswitch, ever heard of "sarcasm" , maybe if some of the whiners on here ever paid any property taxes or bought any steel, or operated a range, or a business maybe they would realize the deal their getting. and be glad there are 2 1000 yd ranges within an hour of each other </div></div>

if thats the case then my apologies for misinterpreting your post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch engage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">steve....does your mother know you are on the internet again??? </div></div>

No, but if you don't keep quiet she'll find out and I'll get locked in the closet....again.

Now there's a man who knows when he's got something good in his mouth...lol.

I wise man once said.. "Man, can't we all just get along"

It takes a man to apologize.

Now back to our regular adverticed viewing.

Now that everyone is getting along ..... roust up 1 more shooter for Sunday and the match will be full.

I hope the Rayner's still have me on the list. I need to call them and confirm which day that have me down for.

This match is FULL, but you can get on a waiting list in case of any cancellations. Call the Rayner's if you would like on the waiting list.

Don't forget registration fees are to be paid by Oct. 1st if you haven't already paid. Thanks and good luck everyone.

Checking my schedule for October. I hope to at least get on the waiting list. Good luck all