• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rayner's SE Ohio Sniper Challenge Oct. 29-30

Re: Rayner's SE Ohio Sniper Challenge Oct. 29-30

Spoke to Rayners yesterday, 7:30 am shooters meeting, Shooting starts at 8:00a.m.

Gotcha, my crew is shooting Sunday.

I usually go the route off 77, 2nd exit south of 70. if you have a Gps its pretty accurate.

I couldn't tell you road names, but I can drive right to the range.

Sorry I can't be more help.

I'll do that and gps in thanks . Goodluck sunday

wanted to say THANK YOU! to the rayners crew for putting on a great and extremely challenging match along with the kitchen crew for great eats....

i had a great time and had to work for all my hits and didn't work hard enough for my misses.

i would recommend this match to any of you who want a well run challenging match to shoot in.

thanks again and see ya next year.

doug

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch engage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wanted to say THANK YOU! to the rayners crew for putting on a great and extremely challenging match along with the kitchen crew for great eats....

i had a great time and had to work for all my hits and didn't work hard enough for my misses.

i would recommend this match to any of you who want a well run challenging match to shoot in.

thanks again and see ya next year.

doug </div></div>

I completely agree with all statements above. As always it was great to shoot at rayners and with everyone there.

Good Luck,
Merritt

What kind of weather did ya'll have today? It was a mixed bag north of where you were at today ... a little rain and a little sun.

Thank to everyone who helped with the match,and thanks to the ladies for making a great lunch
wink.gif

The weather in the morning was overcast with little wind. By mid morning the sun had come out and the wind had started to pick up a little. During the afternoon portion of the match the sky was clear, and the wind was a little tricky for some of us....

I just got home now, after a 7 hour drive from the range.... Good Night and for the guys shooting tomorrow, Good Luck!
laugh.gif

Rayner's Range S.E. Ohio Sniper Challenge After Action Report for Saturday 29 October 2011:

What a great Range and an awesome course of fire, Thanks to Rayners for putting on this match. 18 stages, multiple scenarios, distances from snap shooting at 20 yards to prone at 950 yards. Just a fun course to shoot!
Here are a few videos I shot in my Squad, Ill get more next time but was too busy shooting and didnt get much video.
Let em load in 720 P for best quality, takes a while but is much clearer.

STOP THE CAR in under 40 seconds: Here Tom Sarver of Thunder Valley Precision has probable cause to stop the car. Nice shooting Tom !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzcLGua4yo8

BIG DOWN TREE: Wayde Bainter makin some trace and getting a hit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mio5SVW4yRE

SPEED/QUICK SHOT DRILL through the brush at 275 yards:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2_ez6NptEc

COUNTER SNIPER SCENARIO: Find em then hit em! Here Tom Sarver cleans the stage quickly!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJJCQ17v6LQ

COUNTER SNIPER SCENARIO: Find em then hit em! Here Wayde Bainter finds em quickly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLjiAePR9rE

TABLE TOP: Prone through windows at 650 and 700 yards. Here Tom Sarver making it look too easy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwA7n5IbQC8

TABLE TOP: Prone through windows at 650 and 700 yards. Here Meritt sends some downrange.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CjJXFs9_cI

HOSTAGE SCENARIO: 275 yards at hostage taker behind white target from seated position, yes seated! And only 40 seconds to do it. Here the shooter runs out of time after 1 shot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Uv9-uKId0

TAKING FIRE:
Bob engages targets at 375 and 250.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-P00OMr6iU

Great shooting with you all. And again thanks to Rayners for a great match.

Woodspider- That's awesome you posted some videos. If you have one of me on the stages I did well on like the Hostage or Car I'd love to get it from you. I know you probably don't though because of the shooting order. That's sweet to have up and get more people interested in the sport and the sniper match in general.

Thanks,
Merritt

I knew yesterday was going to start well for me. I shot the wrong target on the cold bore stage. Congrats number 7,have 10 points on me! It only went better from there. I had lots of fun and had some good laughs. Thanks to the Rayners' and crew. I know there was a lot of work put into this match.

Let us know when the next sniper match is. I will mark my calendar.

Van

All I can say is I had an absolute blast. Lots of laughs and some of them were on me...yeah don't mention it. My knee and my ass is killing me....thanks mr. slippery stump.
The course was a great design and we had some challenging conditions to keep it interesting. The guys in our squad had a great time.
Thanks to the Rayners crew for putting on the match. It's always fun everytime I've ever been there. Thanks to the girls in the kitchen for the food as well. Count us in for the next match!

Well todays crew had to wait until 11:45 to start the match. I have never seen fog that bad. Once it lifted, conditions were great. Just a tad slippery but no complaints. COF was excellent and the match ran as smooth as we've come to expect from the Rayners and crew. I'd shoot it again tomorrow if I could.

Thanks Tom and Carolyn and all the others that made it happen.

What an awesome day at Rayners Range. Great shoot, great crew and a great time. I didn't even mind the delay due to the fog in the morning. The COF was very challenging and tested the shooter and the equipment. I'll definitely be back for the next shoot. I have a list of things to work on for the next shoot. Thanks everyone for a great day of shooting and learning..

Many thanks to Rayner's and the crew. Although I never will like playing card games, I will be back to play the next one. This match was Top Notch. Another good training day to throw in the toolbox!
Thanks again,
Kurt

Can someone post scores please ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodspider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can someone post scores please ? </div></div>

Names and scores will be posted as soon as they're out.

Great match, a lot of fun to shoot. I didn't shoot that great but I'll be back for the next one for sure.

Results are delayed due to the Fog Delay the guys shooting on Sunday had in the morning....
frown.gif

Results are out.....

1. Dave O 267.7252
2. Dave P 263.4740
3. Zac C 202.9745
4. Joshua H 197.7040
5. Tom S 195.2593
6. Rob A 189.6892
7. Jim A 184.6439
8. Hugo H 172.8706
9. Wadye B 164.4903
10. Arron A 154.0215
11. Mark K 150.7540
12. Jim B 146.4483
13. Mike S 144.7977
14. John M 142.8263
15. Steve M 141.7422
16. Doug D 141.1168
17. Chris M 124.4043
18. Ken E 104.4658
19. Kurt P 102.8495
20. Josey R 100.6855
21. James R 99.4018
22. Mike M 99.1145
23. Merritt R 89.3999
24. Karl V 89.3137
25. James W 85.0037
26. Tom M 75.8363
27. Bill H 64.0392
28. Bob S 59.9408
29. Gio F 58.9203
30. Cris R 58.4720
31. Andrew B 45.8051
32. Rick G 16.9527

Thanx again for a great time, and I hope to see you all for the next Sniper Match at Rayner's
wink.gif

Seriously another match with the Dave's fighting for first....LOL

congrats to all

Awesome match. Can't wait for the next one. Thanks for the well run, challenging course of fire.

WOW!!!!! I must say a BIG THANK YOU to the Rayner family, and all of the people that it takes to put on a match like this.. Everyone did an awesome job... The food is also second to none, I am fond of the deserts, that's no surprise....

This is going to be a tough match to get into in the future when the word get's out about the match quality... I am fortunate that this range is in my back yard, so to speak...

I have to say the the squad I shot with Sunday was probably the best bunch of guys to shoot with, there was no shortage of laughs and general ribbing going on... I still think they were all gamers shooting all those gamey rifles like 260 7wsm 243ai and even that 223ai.. And what's with all the muzzle brakes.... all good fun guys

Did I mention I liked the food!!!

Congrats to Dave Preston on second, He kept me honest and on my toes all day.. You can't get lazy around him, he'll pile the points up on ya..

It was a great match.. Thanks again to EVERYONE that helped put it on... See ya in the spring.. Did I mention the food was great!...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously another match with the Dave's fighting for first....LOL

congrats to all </div></div>

Ya know Wayde, I keep bringing him too... Twice now!! LOL

Congrats to DaveO on the pulling off the double ... Reade and Rayners back to back.

You sure you want to quit shooting your gamer 308 pushing those 155's a lot faster than my 260!

I just wanted to pass along some some observations me and my son had while helping Tom at this match. First I'd like to say that it was a real pleasure to watch all the shooters while they tackled each station and it's unique challenges. From the seasoned tactical shooters down to the first time at a match shooter everyone was very observant of gun safety even though some stations required some movement between shots or awkward shooting positions.

Most everyone said they thought this was a bit tougher than the Spring match but that adds to the challenge but the shots were not that difficult due to distances. The time element and locations of some targets got the heart beating a bit faster and the frustration. One stage in particular I think the 4 letter words are still hovering over that hide. Short time limit and 2 targets that did not want to be found. 4 shooters did find them and eliminate them successfully.

Wish we had some videos of the Stump stage, one shooter in particular (no names mentioned) would of made a great video. He found some limbs, made a neat tripod to shoot off of on the stump which was barely large enough for your butt and feet to fit on. At the buzzer he started to sit and feet went out from under him, almost went off the stump, the tripod went in all directions and looked like it was trying to eat his gun. It was sticking out all directions, he was trying to stay on the stump and get his shots off and looked like a cat trying to land on his feet after being tossed off a shed roof. Somehow it all came together and I think he got hits on both targets, guess that is where skill and experience pay off.
smile.gif

If some of those wild animals would of gotten out of the fenced in area from Zanesville I'm sure you saw on the news and traveled a few miles to our match we might of had a "Save your Ass" stage. Been kinda neat having a Bengal Tiger or African Lion charging across the field towards your hide but might of been a bit hard to train them to charge at the buzzer towards the shooter. Truthfully though, shame that had to happen to all those beautiful wild animals that didn't need to be all killed.

On one of the stages on Saturday on the 615 yard target as I was setting up the spotting scope the target looked odd. It had ears...... standing directly in front of it was a small doe looking right at me. It couldn't of been more perfectly centered if we'd placed it there. Had a few that asked about bonus points but figured after the first shooter we'd have to rustle up more deer to keep it fair for everyone. It finally wandered around behind the target but any miss on the plate would of allowed us venison for lunch. Everyone said they'd not miss the target ( I would of not taken that bet ) and Bambi would be safe but she finally wandered off at her own slow pace.

We got to see a wide assortment of weapons and equipment from top of the line big dollar dream stuff down to normal hunting weapons. Still comes down to the shooter knowing his gun and being observant of weather conditions and being able to shoot in all positions.

This is the second match we've helped at and I think I'm about to slip over to the dark side and try a long barreled gun and give this a try. Son is also anxious to give it a whirl. After 2 days watching everyone else having so much fun/frustration I'm feeling a bit more Snipery. Think I'll go watch more Mall Ninja videos and start practicing for April.

All joshing aside, we both appreciate Tom and Dan for all the work they did setting this up and allowing us a chance to help. Also had a great time with a great group of shooters/competitors and being part of the gang.

Thanks for a fun weekend

Dennis & Chris

congrats to Dave O for the win. <span style="text-decoration: underline">Every time</span> I made a tough shot, he was right behind me with a first round hit...
Also like the thank the Rayners family and everyone who helped out with making the match run so smoothly. This was a very fun match and I hope to make it out to the next one!

Congrats to the Daves. Had a great time as usual at Rayner's. Tom and Dan set up a nice course of fire that can stretch one's comfort zone pretty quick like. Can't wait until the spring match comes around.

Rob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Results are out.....

1. Dave O 267.7252
2. Dave P 263.4740
3. Zac C 202.9745
4. Joshua H 197.7040
5. Tom S 195.2593
6. Rob A 189.6892
7. Jim A 184.6439
8. Hugo H 172.8706
9. Wadye B 164.4903
10. Arron A 154.0215
11. Mark K 150.7540
12. Jim B 146.4483
13. Mike S 144.7977
14. John M 142.8263
15. Steve M 141.7422
16. Doug D 141.1168
17. Chris M 124.4043
18. Ken E 104.4658
19. Kurt P 102.8495
20. Josey R 100.6855
21. James R 99.4018
22. Mike M 99.1145
23. Merritt R 89.3999
24. Karl V 89.3137
25. James W 85.0037
26. Tom M 75.8363
27. Bill H 64.0392
28. Bob S 59.9408
29. Gio F 58.9203
30. Cris R 58.4720
31. Andrew B 45.8051
32. Rick G 16.9527

Thanx again for a great time, and I hope to see you all for the next Sniper Match at Rayner's
wink.gif
</div></div>

Hey Team TVP, I think you were missing some extra motivation from myself and T.A.M. during the match!! Or maybe you were missing the "resort" accommodations like we had down at Mammoth lol. Oh well, I'm sitting here in Quantico at The Basic School waiting for range week to start next Monday...then I'll be shooting everyday...and getting paid for it too!

I'm upset I couldn't make it to the fall match, I had a blast during the spring match and was very impressed with how the folks at Rayner's ran the competition. I'm sure it was nothing short of impressive once again!