• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Razor Gen II 4.5-27x56 - something new around the corner?

littlepod

Minuteman
  • Oct 16, 2012
    Kirkland, WA
    instagram.com
    I'm seeing a lot of people selling their Gen II's, and now I'm in the market to pick up a new scope but it seems like maybe there's a reason for so many sell offs? Anyone have any news on a Gen III in 2021?

Gen 2s are like honda civics. Everyone and their mother has one. Its also xmas so im sure people are selling off something to get by for the season knowing they can pick one up for the same cost they sold them for. I expect vortex to grow their Gen 3 line.

I was about to pull the trigger on a ZCO for $3600, then realize.. a Razor Gen II for $1650 seems like such a more reasonable purchase, especially since I like the reticle and turrets a lot. The bronze color scope will make my rifle look like a circus, is the only bad thing.. gray ACC chassis, black/stainless barreled action, gold TT trigger, and now a bronze scope.

Nothing wrong with a little color. ;) I used to love having the Razor II because it was easy to see my rifle at a match but over the years that changed.

IMG_1035.jpg

I noticed that aswell as I just happened to list one then I see 10 more instantly pop up. Only reason I'm selling mine is for some funeral expenses

I need 2 scopes and was leaning towards two razors but just picked up a Zco. Now I need to afford another. I need to give a razor a try.

I think the holidays could have something to do with it as mentioned. I've been listing stuff to try and get the funds to finish a few builds. There may be a drought of them in the near future, never know.

I was about to pull the trigger on a ZCO for $3600, then realize.. a Razor Gen II for $1650 seems like such a more reasonable purchase, especially since I like the reticle and turrets a lot. The bronze color scope will make my rifle look like a circus, is the only bad thing.. gray ACC chassis, black/stainless barreled action, gold TT trigger, and now a bronze scope.

Haha I had mine on my grey mdt, black action, stainless barrel black muzzle brake and it didn’t bother me too much, it’s now on my black acrionc stainless barrel in a krg whiskey 3 black with green grips and it’s hideous!! Needs a black scope

Exactly!

I sold mine for a Nightforce I ordered yesterday. The bronze color was a little off-putting for me as well. Nice scopes, just wish they had them in black too not just the bronze.

I'm seeing a lot of people selling their Gen II's, and now I'm in the market to pick up a new scope but it seems like maybe there's a reason for so many sell offs? Anyone have any news on a Gen III in 2021?
    Unless you just gotta have the latest version and are willing to pay full price for same, the G2 is still as good a scope as it always has been.

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
    Hey littlepod you cant see the scope color when your shooting .:giggle:

I love my razors i have them on most my rimfires,
    Just picked up a strike eagle 5x25 for my 10/22 ( on Rob01 suggestion) that surprised the shit out of me. If its reliable it will be great scope.
    I can live with the turret feel for the money.
    Oh and i got the he oryx like you ( littlepod ) suggested for the 10/22 and its just what i wanted.

Hey littlepod you cant see the scope color when your shooting .:giggle:

I love my razors i have them on most my rimfires,
    Just picked up a strike eagle 5x25 for my 10/22 ( on Rob01 suggestion) that surprised the shit out of me. If its reliable it will be great scope.
    I can live with the turret feel for the money.
    Oh and i got the he oryx like you ( littlepod ) suggested for the 10/22 and its just what i wanted.

Very true! I love my Razor AMG on my rimfire, almost considered getting another one for my centerfire, but since I don't need weight savings, the Gen II seems to fit the bill.

The Oryx is sweet, it's a little butt heavy for my 10/22 but it's still pretty sweet.

Reactions: squishee
    Looks awesome, did you bed it and does the manners need a specific inlet for the tl3?

The stock has a Mini Chassis in it so just bolt in and go. No bedding needed. I have used that same stock on a Surgeon action too. I really like the Mini Chassis for 700 footprint actions.

The stock has a Mini Chassis in it so just bolt in and go. No bedding needed. I have used that same stock on a Surgeon action too. I really like the Mini Chassis for 700 footprint actions.
    Very nice. Thanks.

Always been a Kahles/S&B/Euro fan.
    Vortex Razor certainly widened my narrow perspective.
    That scope is one of the the few joys you can experience with clothes on.
    Been seriously chalking up long range ferals lately, and that scope hasn't missed a beat.
    Love how people are individually customising their rifle rigs.
    Years ago, laminated stocks were the "cutting edge" of rifle fashion.

Reactions: lash