• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Razor Gen3 6-36x or Mk5HD 7-35x

PICK YOUR COLOR

• FDE 7-35x PR2

• BLACK 6-36x EBR-7D

Results are only viewable after voting.

blksno

I don't have one
Minuteman
  • Mar 15, 2009
    SD
    So I've already had the Mk5HD 7-35 with an H59, just sold it because I wanted to try a PR2 in FDE. Silly reason maybe...but it's my money and I'll do what I want.
    Also have had two Gen3 Razors as well. Traded the 1st one for a Ziess LRP S3 6-36x and Traded the 2nd for a Element THEOS 6-36. I'm happy with both trades but am still considering the Gen3 Razor now that EuroOptic has a Black option. I truely hate Vortex Purple with a burning passion.

So, since I've already had both optics...I'm probably gonna be happy with either one, considering they are about the same price.
    Do I wait to snag a used one?

Given the two "alternate colors" what say you?

RAZOR IN BLACK or MK5 IN FDE?

MK5.jpg
    Razor copy.jpeg

i guess color wise what is it going on?
    I've got plenty of rifles that need glass and I shuffle things around a lot.

If I were to choose the Black Razor...I'd probably put it on my 6 Creed. Dark Distressed Foundation with Black barrel.
    Right now it's wearing a 7-35 Atacr in FDE...but I'd pull the Nightforce and put it on my new 300 Norma IMP. *(I don't like the NF ocular turning with the magnification during matches but it's great for prone shooting LR)

If I were to choose the FDE Mk5, I'd probably put it on my 7 Rem Mag (currently scopeless) but I don't shoot that one near as often.
    LRM_EXPORT_20170903_115530.jpg

As you seem like the actual optical side of both about the same I would pick the one you would use the most. From the description above it sounds like the Gen 3 wins that contest.

Gen3 1000% outperforms a mk5 5-25, even more so the 7-35. If the color is your deciding factor, I think your priorities are quite possibly in the wrong order.
    If I buy another Gen3 it will be Black. Period
    If I buy another MK5HD 7-35. It will most likely be FDE.
    I had no issues with either one....and chances are I'll buy both sooner or later.

It's not so much that I'm comparing them to eachother. I'm more so comparing each to itself.
    I had a black 5-25 ATACR and sold it for a FDE 7-35.
    I had a black TT 5-25 as well...and another in FDE is high on my priority list.

The EBR-7D is a solid reticle. All the MK5 reticles I’ve seen suck…Very basic.

Granted, there’s a very fine line these days between tactical (functional), and tacti-cool (mall ninja autism) when it comes to ballistic reticles.
    The EBR-7D is great, but it could be better.
    FOR ME...the CCH, PR2 and H59 are all solid options, but again...could be better.

I'm pretty flexible in that category

The EBR-7D is great, but it could be better.
    FOR ME...the CCH, PR2 and H59 are all solid options, but again...could be better.

I'm pretty flexible in that category
    The Horus reticles are what I was thinking of when I said “mall ninja autism”. Because 99.9% of shooters will never be able to utilize that reticle for rapid engagement in a true pressure scenario.

To me, the perfect reticle is something like the NF MIL-XT, or ZCO MPCT3X.

Reactions: 1911hombre
    The Horus reticles are what I was thinking of when I said “mall ninja autism”. Because 99.9% of shooters will never be able to utilize that reticle for rapid engagement in a true pressure scenario.

To me, the perfect reticle is something like the NF MIL-XT, or ZCO MPCT3X.
    For me, if the EBR-7D had the .5 mil floating dots between the 1 mil grid that the MIL-XT, H59, had...it would be perfect.
    OR
    If the MIL-XT had .03 Mil floating dots...I'd call that perfect.

.05 is fine for a 25x optic...but .03 is better when you get up to 35x power