• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Razor HD Zero stop issue

x2cross

Joe Dirtè
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2020
    Mathis, TX
    Scope is a 5-20x50 Razor HD(1st Gen). I might just be dumb, but here it goes...... The scope is on a Bergara B14r with a 20moa base. I followed the instructions of going clockwise until it stops before removing the cap and loosening the zerostop locking screws. Zeroed the rifle, and once I tighten up the screws, the stop is about .2 mils BELOW my zero, and stops again about 5 mils ABOVE my zero. The stop just below my zero feels "squishy" and the stop above is a nice firm stop. What am I doing wrong?

I watched a YouTube video everytime I do mine, and it’s pretty straight forward. Try starting over from scratch and follow the video. Hope that helps.

If you felt clicks with the zero stop locking screws were loosened while you were zeroing, you didn't loosen them enough.

A quick call to Vortex fixed the problem. Apparently if you don't follow the exact zero-stop setting instructions(which I admit I may have messed up a step), you can get it out-of-time. Scope works perfectly now.

Here's the instructions they sent me:

"Below is a step-by-step to ensure your optic’s zero-stop is reset, and functioning properly.

1. Rotate your external turret clockwise, or in the “down” direction, until it stops or you encounter resistance.

2. Remove the external turret by loosening the three set-screws on it’s perimeter.

3. With the internal turret exposed, rotate it counter-clockwise, in the “up” direction, only about ¼ turn, and then back “down”, or clockwise, until it stops.

4. Remove the top two screws from the inner turret.

5. Applying slight downward pressure to the turret, again, rotate the turret counter-clockwise ¼ turn, and then back “down”, or clockwise, until it stops.

6. Take note of the threaded receptacles, where the two top screws were removed. If they are no longer exposed, or partially obscured, carefully loosen the three set-screws on the inner turret, careful not to rotate the turret until they’re loose. Once all three are loosened, simply rotate the inner turret until those threaded receptacles are completely exposed.

7. Reinstall the two top screws in the inner turret, leaving the perimeter set-screws loose.

From here, you optic is ready to re-zero. When you’ve achieved the satisfactory zero, simply re-engage the perimeter set-screws on the inner turret, engaging the zero stop. It will not matter where the inner turret is indexed at this point. Reinstall the exterior turret at the “0” position, and re-engage the perimeter set screws on it!"

A quick call to Vortex fixed the problem. Apparently if you don't follow the exact zero-stop setting instructions(which I admit I may have messed up a step), you can get it out-of-time. Scope works perfectly now.

Here's the instructions they sent me:

"Below is a step-by-step to ensure your optic’s zero-stop is reset, and functioning properly.

1. Rotate your external turret clockwise, or in the “down” direction, until it stops or you encounter resistance.

2. Remove the external turret by loosening the three set-screws on it’s perimeter.

3. With the internal turret exposed, rotate it counter-clockwise, in the “up” direction, only about ¼ turn, and then back “down”, or clockwise, until it stops.

4. Remove the top two screws from the inner turret.

5. Applying slight downward pressure to the turret, again, rotate the turret counter-clockwise ¼ turn, and then back “down”, or clockwise, until it stops.

6. Take note of the threaded receptacles, where the two top screws were removed. If they are no longer exposed, or partially obscured, carefully loosen the three set-screws on the inner turret, careful not to rotate the turret until they’re loose. Once all three are loosened, simply rotate the inner turret until those threaded receptacles are completely exposed.

7. Reinstall the two top screws in the inner turret, leaving the perimeter set-screws loose.

From here, you optic is ready to re-zero. When you’ve achieved the satisfactory zero, simply re-engage the perimeter set-screws on the inner turret, engaging the zero stop. It will not matter where the inner turret is indexed at this point. Reinstall the exterior turret at the “0” position, and re-engage the perimeter set screws on it!"
    Jeeeezzuuummm. Complex for what it is