• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Razor HD

head2h2o

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2008
Houston, TX
I am about ready to pick up a Razor HD, but had a couple of questions first.

1. The ring options are Seekins and Vortex. Of those that have used the Vortex rings, do you have any complaints. As for Seekins, the bottom screws are recommended to be torqued at 55 lb, rather than the standard 65 lb. I use Seekonk wrenches on everything. Will those screws take the 65 lb of torque or do I need to pick up a completely new torque wrench if I decide to go this route?

2. Is there a ring option that I am overlooking?

3. Does anyone have a view through the Razor of the EBR-2 reticle?

Thanks.

Re: Razor HD

I have no idea why Vortex decided on a 35mm tube, but I think USO has 35mm rings as well.

And I wouldn't put 65in lbs on Seekins ring base screws: you can tighten the base of the ring enough for the screws to gall and for the bottom half of the ring to splay against the base.

USO does have 35mm rings.

I have a set of Vortex rings here; they seem well-made and solid. I don't have a great way of measuring their precision handy at the moment, but they are as solid as the Badgers I'v had.

Glen's stuff is very good. You won't have a problem at all with them. Vortex rings have the melonite in or on them and are supposed to be very good and strong. They are also made just for that particular scope if that matters to you. Don't think you can go wrong with either one. The seekins are significantly cheaper though and I am sure just as good if not better.

Same ring delima here,. I'm getting the Vortex Razor HD with the EBR-2 ret. for my .300WM. I looked at the Vortex, and I think V-Tac ( I could be wrong about the V-Tac though ) but I settled on the Seekins. I like that they have the smooth sides and that the lug that sits in the grove on your rail is machined into the base of the ring.

Mouse07410 what vendors include them I am also looking. At the vortex and would like not to have to pay 200 for scope rings

just hit three month mark in Afghanistan. I have a Vortex Razor 1-4 power on an M4. I have used some good optics over the years, but I will be a Vortex man from now on. I shoot every chance I get, and my zero has not changed. That is good stuff, when you consider all the bouncing around in armored vehicles.

The lenses are easier to keep clean than my last scope that I used in Iraq. I can just blow on them, and the dust comes off. Not sure what they coat them with, but it is like having Rain X on a windshield.