• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes razor zs questions

skog

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2009
Rhodes, MI
I am trying to set the zerostop on my razor. Have gone through the process several times but I always end up with the same result. The first click is always .05mil and all the subsequent clicks are not on the hashes on the turret cap. Also when you dial back down to the zero click it feel soft, like it is not making it to click. I take the turret cap off, turn the inner turret all the way CW. Loosen the 3 turrets screws, now there are no clicks, sight in gun, tighten the 3 turrets cap screws, then put turret cap and tighten screws.

Any ideas?

Re: razor zs questions

I know exactly what you are saying, when the zero stop bottoms out it is in between clicks. To solve this problem all you have to do is turn the turret all the way down till it stops then back it up the half to the normal click spot, then loosen the 3 screws, zero the rifle, tighten the screws, and install the turret back on zero. Now all your clicks should be on the right marks, this is how I did my Razor and it works just fine.

Maybe I am reading your post wrong but it sounds like you are just resetting the turret cap so the hashes line up and can still turn below zero slightly. Is that right? I would rather he zero stop on zero.

skog,
One of mine did that. Sent it back to Vortex - they had it fixed and back to me within a week of receiving it.