• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RC Plane Crashes

No crash, but can you imagine how much money this guy has into this plane? I love the flares and guns firings away. Great video to watch.

Reactions: 7WSMShooter
As the title states, this is the reason I can't bring myself to get into the RC plane hobby. Cool, exciting and depressing all at the same time.

You need a drone.... A lot easier to fly and have amazing cameras. I avoided planes for the same reason.

To me drones are boring. Something else is doing the hard work for you... crashing is part of the fun

To me drones are boring. Something else is doing the hard work for you... crashing is part of the fun

I have 1 son who is into that stadium style drone racing. That's an expensive sport for many reasons. Exciting too. Maybe not to watch it but participating.

I've flown the very low end planes and helicopters. The best advice I was ever given worked well for me. I was told by a friend that if you want to fly helicopters, take a lot of spare parts along. If you want to fly planes, take a trash bag.

I have 1 son who is into that stadium style drone racing. That's an expensive sport for many reasons. Exciting too. Maybe not to watch it but participating.

I will admit that even with the flight stabilization that's some really cool stuff. But I'd rather see it done with no cameras/fpv, no stabilization. And make those things big, like 700 to 900 size heli big.

Had a couple of guys tell me that those things can't be flown without stabilization... LOL. When they found out that I fly, used to fly, old-school flybared Heli's they started doing some research...f that was the response... LOL

They couldn't understand how I learned to fly the helicopter with only a tail gyro. Most of the time I flew in rate mode, on occasion I had the mix done in the radio and flew with no tail gyro. Funny thing was, it was easier for me to do 3D stuff with no tail dry row then it was flying a lazy pattern... LOL.

Damn, I miss flying. Hard to choose which helicopter I like flying more My Vibe 90 or my Raptor 90.

Raptor is long gone but here are my two favorite now

If anybody knows of any Outlaw fields to fly in, Houston area, please let me know

Attachments

• 20181121_161431.jpg
    20181121_161431.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20181121_160924.jpg
    20181121_160924.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Flew airplanes for years and then switched Helis. Even though electric helis are superior I still love flying a nitro heli. The sound, smell, and smoke trail are awesome.
RC whatever is expensive especially if it flys.

Back in the day there used to be a really good scale RC show in Iowa. Byron’s Originals.

Reactions: Romeo458
Flew airplanes for years and then switched Helis. Even though electric helis are superior I still love flying a nitro heli. The sound, smell, and smoke trail are awesome.
RC whatever is expensive especially if it flys.

Back in the day there used to be a really good scale RC show in Iowa. Byron’s Originals.
I absolutely loved going to that when I was a kid. I wish they were still putting it on. My nephews would love that show.

I absolutely loved going to that when I was a kid. I wish they were still putting it on. My nephews would love that show.

It was a great show. My kids would love it.

You and I were probably there at the same time 😜

In all the years I went, 6 or 7, I think I saw the sclae Enola Gay land once. 😬

For those wondering what I’m talking about. At this scale RC show they put on a scale version of the battle at midway. It was really good. At the end the enola gay flys over as it heads to Hiroshima.

The scale Enola Gay had a 30 foot wingspan. The plane took 4 or 5 guys to fly it. I literally saw it land only once and it was so amazing. The other times it crashed into trees. Not so amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Romeo458
It was a great show. My kids would love it.

You and I were probably there at the same time 😜

In all the years I went, 6 or 7, I think I saw the sclae Enola Gay land once. 😬

For those wondering what I’m talking about. At this scale RC show they put on a scale version of the battle at midway. It was really good. At the end the enola gay flys over as it heads to Hiroshima.

The scale Enola Gay had a 30 foot wingspan. The plane took 4 or 5 guys to fly it. I literally saw it land only once and it was so amazing. The other times it crashed into trees. Not so amazing.
The last year I went they did a fly by in between the 2 scale ships and the stadium with full size zeroes to start the show, damn if it didn't goosepimple the hell out of me. That was the same year they let me crawl into the pilot seat of the B17, and the P51. I don't think I was even 10 years old yet, so it made the hell out of my day.

Reactions: ChadL