• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS 1500 VS HORNADY LOCK N LOAD?

308skinner

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 23, 2006
    Indiana
    Looking into upgradin my Lyman scale. Want to hear the pros and cons on both scales.

Thanks

Re: RCBS 1500 VS HORNADY LOCK N LOAD?

Been covered many times.

In short, Hornady lock N Load has some issues. RCBS 1500 is a very nice unit.

I just shipped my 1500 back for replacement after a year and a half of use. $45.00 and they send you a new one.

It seemed to work just fine, until the scale flipped out.

i had a bunch of trouble getting an consistancy on the hornady and had alot of over throws. Sent it back to hornady and they replaced it. Never opened the box. Sold it and bought the rcbs.

I only have experience with the Chargemaster 1500. The dispenser on it died after just a handful of uses. RCBS replaced it under warranty and I have had no issues with it with since. I have not done any of the mods (straw or tuning it) that some others have done, but it works well for my purposes. I check it periodically with my 10-10 scale and it always matches up.