• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS chargemaster lite Warrenty

Dildobaggins

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2020
So, I bought a RCBS chargemaster lite, back in February of this year, and tonight while reloading it completely shit the bed. When I press the number 2 it starts to calibrate, and then won't zero and is pretty much frozen. I looked on RCBS for Warrenty and they seem to have a good policy.

Has anyone ever returned anything like this to them? How fast was turn around? How is the customer service in general? Kind of worried, with deer season around the corner. I really don't want to go back to using my beam scale.

Reactions: 338dude
Mine shit the bed last year…when i spoke to rcbs it seemed they would service the unit without any issues…i have yet to send it in as i have several other charge masters and a couple lyman gen6 machines.

If production stoppages are a big concern for you as they are for me, I strongly recommend not only getting yours fixed but getting at least one more.

Two is one, one is none as they, like any other mechanical/electronic device can fail without warning.

Reactions: 338dude
Mine shit the bed last year…when i spoke to rcbs it seemed they would service the unit without any issues…i have yet to send it in as i have several other charge masters and a couple lyman gen6 machines.

If production stoppages are a big concern for you as they are for me, I strongly recommend not only getting yours fixed but getting at least one more.

Two is one, one is none as they, like any other mechanical/electronic device can fail without warning.
I think I might have to at this point. How do you like the Lyman gen 6?

I think I might have to at this point. How do you like the Lyman gen 6?
Ive had them both for about four years and so far, no issues with either malfunctioning or throwing charges inconsistently. One is literally a spare and spends most of its time in a box while the other one is used occasionally.

Reactions: Dildobaggins
RCBS probably has one of the best customer service and warranties going. Don't wait. Send it in today. You will likely have it back in a week. I had a problem with my lite. I got powder inside the scale. They had it back in a week.

If the problem is only with the scale portion, you don't need to send the dispenser.

How did I get powder inside the scale you ask? I removed the platen (that black disk where you put the pan) and some powder fell from the drop tube. It was a light ball powder, so it messed up the scale readings.