• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS Pro Chucker 7 reviews

GoatLD259

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2020
United States
Good Afternoon Hide,

Does anyone here own or have experience with the Pro Chucker 7 from RCBS? I have an RCBS Rebel plus single stage press, but was considering what to get if I want to go progressive. I know the Dillon and Lee are popular but want to hear more about this setup. Also, I have dies for reloading 6.5 Creed, will these dies still work with the Pro Chucker 7 if I decide to go this route? In the link posted below it seems that the Pro Chucker 7 has separate dies.

Goat

Cant reply on RCBS but a few years ago got the Hornady. Biggest mistake on my reloading bench could not get it to work some on me im sure but still money not well spent. Now i just got a Dillon for my pistol rounds works perfectly every time . Now im rethinking on getting the bigger Dillon for 223 and 308. Maybe RCBS will work for you but I'd look at Dillon 1st.

I tried the RCBS PC7 when it first came out...had problems with priming. Returned it and bought a Dillon XL650. Very happy with the Dillon.

Reactions: thedude824
Looking at the same press. I thought Dillon is limited to 2.8” overall cartridge length? Not suitable for reloading long action like 338 Lapua?

Not many folks out there reloading larger cartridges on a progressive anyway. While I use a progressive for bulk loading various handgun rounds and maybe a batch of 5.56, all of my usual rifle stuff is done single stage.