• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rcbs rock chucker single stage press as good as they say?

Amares90

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2014
Looking to buy a reloading kit and I hear the rcbs rock chucker is one of the best on the market

Have owned one for the past 20 some years, simplicity at it's best....it's bullet proof...

Had mine for about 20 years, dad had it at least that long before me I expect. Works great, never had a hitch of any kind. Makes the most accurate ammo I have ever fired hands down.
Money well spent, you will not regret it.

Bought mine 5 years ago and works well. No need for anything else. I load 6.5 Creed, .223 and 30-06. 9mm, 10mm, 45acp, and .357.

Love mine (Rockchucker II) and have used it for everything short of 338LM Improved over the last 10 years; I admit that I transitioned to a Dillon 550B for my .45ACP.

Jeffvn

No complaints here. Only press I use. Have a Lyman also but, it never gets used.

I have a Rockchucker and a Junior set up in kind of a poor man's progressive arrangement. I use the RC for sizing and the Jr for seating.

I bought the RC used 30 years ago.

I've had mine for about 15 years. Last winter I managed to break the priming arm. A quick call to RCBS had a new one shipped to me free of charge within about a week!

HRF

I don't know when my father bought his or if it was new when he bought it. I know he's had it since I was a little kid. I'm 39 now, and he gave it to me when I was 22. It has seen hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of cycling through it. IT AINT GOING NOWHERE. I've had other presses since then, including the Dillon progressive I currently use for high-volume. But when I do serious handloading for precision, it's the rock chucker every time. I'll be handing it down to somebody else someday.
Oh, and they're not that cheap compared to some others. Last I looked they were running around $250.

When I started reloading years ago I was given an old rock chucker from a friend. Unit was still painted in a light lime green color and not the darker green we see today. I used it for several years and when I purchased two other RCBS presses, I passed the old RC onto a friend as he moved back to Texas as he wanted to start reloading. I use the newer style RC and a BMG press and I have never had one issue.

I love the one I have! actually my second press, first one was on loan until a divorce prompted its return. I've had the newer style now for about 10yrs I think and I load all the way up to 338LM. Accuracy is not a problem....currently getting 1/4 MOA out of the 338LM

I had one made in the 60s. I inherited it from a friend and used it for 15 years and thousands of rounds. Took a house fire to kill it.

Started with the master reloading kit 20+ years ago and I'm still using the rock chucked press, case trimmer, and powder scale that came with the kit. If you are needing to start from scratch I would highly recommend just buying the kit and pick up the dies and shell holders you need.

Great press! I've had one for 30+ years. Now I use mostly for working up a new load of 12 to 20 rounds to see what works best in a particular gun. Once I have the load dialed in I set up my Dillon 650 and can crank out the volume. Get one, you will use it forever.

Cheers,

George

I purchased my rockchucker in 1979 has always worked flawless I bought a rockchucker supreme about 2 years ago it has a larger opening than the rockchucker Ilike the extra room when loading my 338 lapua rounds the other press will do them but it is a little cramped. I would buy a hand priming tool instead of using the press they are a lot faster. Mike

I've almost hung all my weight off the lever trying to resize LC Mill spec .308 brass and it does it ! 'Nuff said ! LOL

Did RCBS recently shift manufacture to China for their presses?

My apology to the OP, did not intend to hijack his thread, just wondering how the later ones compare to the older ones.