• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS Summit Press

prcomte

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
I'm not sure how many of you guys are using the RCBS summit press, though I'd like to know the experience you've had with them. I'm looking to upgrade my press and trying to decide if I want to go Forester Co-ax or with the Summit. Im really liking what I see from the few reviews I've read about the summit. I'm not sure how the foresters work with lee collet dies, though I know the summit will work because it uses an actual shell holder. Let me know what you guys have seen! Thanks.

Got to run the handle a few times on one a couple days ago. The press was smooth as butter just like the rockchucker supreme.

Well that took a turn for the worst real quick. Thanks fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have one and have not had the problems mentioned above. The only problem I have is on larger cases it has a little flex and creates inconsistent shoulder bump. Go with the coax and never look back, it will work just fine with the lee collect dies and not having to keep up with shell holders is a plus. I still have my summit but mainly use it for running a mandrel die for turning necks

I have one and have not had the problems mentioned above. The only problem I have is on larger cases it has a little flex and creates inconsistent shoulder bump. Go with the coax and never look back, it will work just fine with the lee collect dies and not having to keep up with shell holders is a plus. I still have my summit but mainly use it for running a mandrel die for turning necks

Can you not use a k&m style expander on a forester coax?

Yes you can but on short cases like the 223 the way the exapander body is shaped it's hard to get it screwed down far enough on the coax.

Is there another expander mandrel die system that you would recommend for a coax?

Is there another expander mandrel die system that you would recommend for a coax?

The K&M one works fine even on the sorter cases, you just have to watch and make sure you don't screw the expander down to far because there is a tapered ring on the top of the expander and it will push the die slightly out of position and you will end up messing up a case. They work fine in the coax just have to be careful on the small cases. The main reason I still use my summit for the exapanding is a can take it and set it down on the coffe table and trun necks and while watching tv. The summit doesn't protrude down like most presses so it works fine for light work at the coffe table

Expander die bodies 20, buy an extra and cut the bottom off.

Huh?

The K&M one works fine even on the sorter cases, you just have to watch and make sure you don't screw the expander down to far because there is a tapered ring on the top of the expander and it will push the die slightly out of position and you will end up messing up a case. They work fine in the coax just have to be careful on the small cases. The main reason I still use my summit for the exapanding is a can take it and set it down on the coffe table and trun necks and while watching tv. The summit doesn't protrude down like most presses so it works fine for light work at the coffe table

You should do everything on the coffee table!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"545","width":"445","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/qY2LMOE.jpg?1"}[/IMG2]

Huh?

You should do everything on the coffee table!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"545","width":"445","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/qY2LMOE.jpg?1"}[/IMG2]
Well I'd love too but the wife wouldn't like that too much. Nice set up.

Well I'd love too but the wife wouldn't like that too much. Nice set up.

Drop the dead weight, jk

But it does break down easily, just a few wing nuts and it clears off smooth. Slide the beer forward a few inches and you can't even see the small holes. I would never reload if I couldn't do it comfortably