• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS Warranty Good/or Better than Dillon

Phil1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2009
Minot N.D.
I talked to RCBS today about the basket case that fits into the rotary case media separator. It cracked at the handle where its supported by the bottom half of the clam-shell case.

No questions asked, whats your address we'll send a replacement out today. No fault to RCBS it broke when I was moving it in an unheated building at minus 35 below.

I have had Dillon replace broken/worn out pars before. Also no questions asked. There is however a price difference IMO with Dillon 10-25% higher than RCBS for similar priced items.

I don't have any dillon equipment but a friend of mine has and there CS is top notch. I do however own a good bit of RCBS stuff and they have been top notch also. I bought a pro 1000 that was a older unit that had the primer feeding system updated they sent me all the new parts to update for free but one it was the big machined head that all the primer system and shellholder attach to they set it to me for $45 dollars which I thought was a deal to get the machine up to date and running ammo.

I think most reloading companies followed RCBS. I remember similar service from RCBS going back over 35 years.

Can't speak for RCBS, but CS can't get any better than Dillon. They are a no BS company. You have an issue, they will make it right.

I can't complain about the Customer Service from any of he reloading companies. I just prefer Dillon equipment when it comes to progressive presses. The neat part is how LITTLE I have to contact them for Customer Service through all the thousands of rounds I have loaded on my press. I guess it's not the quality of CS that matters as much as the number of times you need to use it.

What really sets Dillon out from the rest is the number of instances where someone purchased or inherited an older press, sent it to Dillon for repair or reconditioning, and have received what appeared to be a New In Box in return. That's hard to beat.

I just got an RCBS case prep machine (Trim Mate) back from their shop. I think I've had it for ten years or thereabouts. Maybe less. I used to do a LOT of case prep by hand with one of those little hand-crank units from Sinclair.

The Trim Mate's had probably ten thousand or more cases done on it. Primer pocket uniforming, reaming military brass primer pockets, deburring flash holes and case mouths. A LOT of pressure and run time.

I sent an email to them explaining that the motor was losing torque, tech said send it in. I mailed it out on April 1st and got it back on the 19th.

Works like new.

No charge for return shipping.

I've called Dillon a handful of times in the past fifteen years about parts on their presses (RL550, XL650) and they've always just asked for the part name and sent me one, no questions asked.

On the other hand, I had a Dillon vibratory tumbler go tits up on me about six months past their warranty period, sent it in, paid something like $65 for a new motor and return shipping. This I expected from RCBS.

I've got nothing but good things to say about RCBS. If or when this Trim Mate dies, I'm buying a new one. It's the least I can do.

No experience with Dillon CS but the few times that I've called RCBS they more than exceeded my expectations.

RCBS customer service is excellent and second to none. I have actually emailed explaining the dumb shit I have done and they just ask where can we send you the new one!

I had a case separation in a Dillon die. After calling in they said, send it in and they will remove the stuck case. I think they replaced it! All with no cost except postage to get it there. They have great products and wonderful customer relations.

RCBS CS is outstanding in my book. A good friend misplaced the DC power supply to his scale in a move. He called RCBS to order a replacement, and when he asked how much?, the response was "what's your address/no charge". It wasn't defective, he lost it.

I started purchasing RCBS equipment in 1967, have not had to use CS, but I know I'm covered.

I use a lot of both, RCBS and Dillon, both have 99.44% top CS. Their products seldom, if ever, need any CS, which is amazing in Dillon's case, as everything they do is progressive, they have a lot of moving pieces-and they just keep on working as advertised.

which is amazing in Dillon's case, as everything they do is progressive, they have a lot of moving pieces-and they just keep on working as advertised.

And their presses become even more durable and reliable when you have a spare parts kit on hand. It's like "Voodoo". Have spares and there are no failures. No spares and you might have one.

Why is that?

Both companies have first class customer service. Recently I broke the cover to my rcbs hand priming tool. Sent them a nice email and they mailed me replacement part at no cost in 3 days! Dillon has always taken good of me over the past 25 years of using their products.

And their presses become even more durable and reliable when you have a spare parts kit on hand. It's like "Voodoo". Have spares and there are no failures. No spares and you might have one.

Why is that?

I agree with you on that one. I forgot to buy spare decapping pins and broke the rod within 100 rounds. Got a new rod and pins from rcbs (No charge of course) and haven't bent or broken a rod thousands of rounds later.