• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

RCBS X-die

A14

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2012
Amarillo, Texas
Has anybody used these? Was looking for dies for my upcoming .260 and saw no trimming needed. Too good to be true?

Re: RCBS X-die

I bought a couple of sets a long while ago and tried them out, they seemed to work. Even if you don't want to use them in their full capacity they still work as a conventional FL die set up.

I use Forster for my .260 (FL and micro seater) and can definitely recommend them, even though you have to trim!

I have two; one in .30/06 that I use for reloads in my M1 Garand and another in .223 that I use for reloads in my AR rifle. They work as advertised.

Like the other poster said, they can also be made to work as regular FL dies.

RCBS says no trimming after the first trim. I find that brass seldom needs to be trimmed more than once anyway. Especially non magnum brass. Seems to be a solution to a non existant problem.

Head to head with other dies they will show less case stretch over the same number of reloadings. If you have to trim will depend on the number of loadings you get with your brass.

For semi-auto rifles that see more brass stretching from constant FL sizing I think the X-die is great. I don't have one in .308, but I do use one in .223 and love not having to trim brass.

I've loaded countless thousands of 223 and never trimmed a case. Ever.