• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCC Brass

338LMAI

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2019
Bettles, Alaska
If anyone here has bought brass from Roberson Cartridge Company (RCC) please share your experience. If you'd rather keep your comments private please PM me and I'll honor your request. Thank You

Too expensive for me unless it's custom headstamped one off brass...even then it's a little high.

Too expensive for me unless it's custom headstamped one off brass...even then it's a little high.
Considering they give access to just about anything one can think up, or, anything someone has thought up in the last 150 years, it seems cheap to me. No minimum runs of 25,000, 50,000, or 100,000 cases either. For the run of the mill stuff, I’d agree. Unless you can run them harder for more reloads, it is steep. I can’t say I’ve read a review by anyone who’s used them at length, so I’ll be interested to see if anyone else chimes in.

And then I see they will do 300 PRC....at $5.65/per....I don't know....tempting though.

And then I see they will do 300 PRC....at $5.65/per....I don't know....tempting though.

You know what you need to do... come on over to the dark side. 8x68S! Honestly, it's not tough to do and doesn't take much (if any) more time than prepping and neck turning Hornady.

Reactions: b2lee
I spoke with the owner of RCC and while they are pricey I think they are actually affordable for what they offer. They offer an incredible variety of wildcat or hard to make brass with the correct head stamp and if you go way out on design they will make a mold of your chamber and then custom make brass to that spec. We spoke quite a bit as well as to the quality of the material and they have designed it to have the perfect amount of springback after firing and sizing so that you can use the same dies.

I recently went on a tour of their facilities and I was impressed. I was mostly interested in the fact that you can use their brass at least 20 times! I mostly shoot 5.56 MK262 and 7.62 MK316. I was planning on a 300 PRC build so I found what they were doing to be fascinating. It seems like they have taken the manufacturing process to the next level which is what is needed for ELR. They also seem to have every wildcat caliber you can think of.

Reactions: b2lee
I recently went on a tour of their facilities and I was impressed. I was mostly interested in the fact that you can use their brass at least 20 times! I mostly shoot 5.56 MK262 and 7.62 MK316. I was planning on a 300 PRC build so I found what they were doing to be fascinating. It seems like they have taken the manufacturing process to the next level which is what is needed for ELR. They also seem to have every wildcat caliber you can think of.

To be fair, you can reload a lot of different brand of brass 20+ times. As long as you take care not to abuse it