• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up RCSC: Range Day - Park City, KY

KYS

BBN #1
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2008
Lexington, KY
Fellow Shooters,

We are pleased to announce the next shoot at RockCastle Shooting Center in Park City, KY. The date will be September 3rd, this is on a Saturday. We have changed the format of the shoot some, there will be an opportunity for members to shoot with us on Sunday. To join us for a few hours on Sunday you will need to be on the roster and pay the additional fee of $15.00. This will be a full day shoot (Saturday) on the long range course. You will have a lunch break at the lodge as we repair/repaint the targets.

If you would like to stay at the lodge your arrangements can be made thru RCSC staff at the number below. Tell them you are making a room reservation for the night before the shoot, if you have a long drive this course of action is advised. It makes it much easier waking up early the next morning to get your breakfast and be out there ready to roll. We are into the summer rate for RCSC, it is $79.00 (+ tax) a night. This is a new room rate..... it was normally $99.00 a night. They recently changed it for this event. Take advantage of the room rate and stay with us, we normally all get together Friday night in one of the big conference rooms. They are now allowed to serve wine and beer at the hotel.

Range fee: $25.00 for the full day
Food: Is menu price. You can always bring your own lunch and stay on the range with us to eat.

Here is the address of the Shooting Center:

Rockcastle Shooting Center at Park Mammoth Resort
22850 Louisville Road
Park City, KY 42160

Phone: (270) 749-4101

http://www.rockcastleshootingcenter.com/

The Range:
Is about 2 miles from the lodge. Is an open field surrounded by hills and forest.
We will have steel reactive targets set up from 400-1100 yards. There is also a 1600 yard shot that we can put you in the correct firing position for if you ask one of us. Please note* This is our personal collection of targets, we do not make any money on this event. We are simply doing it to further the sport we love and we take the risk of target damage. Be a responsible shooter, ask for help when you need it and we will be there. We would like to avoid any avoidable damage that we could to our targets.

Sign In/Day of Shoot:
Upon arrival to the lodge you will check in at the front desk. The RCSC staff member will ask you to fill out a waiver and then for your range fee. Once those two things are done you will be highlighted on the list and given a wrist band. You must wear that wrist band for the entire time you are shooting. If you take it off we will not allow you to shoot until we verify that you have signed a waiver and paid your fee. There are NO exceptions to this rule. You must go to the lodge first and check in and then report to the range. A safety briefing will begin at exactly 8am and when it is over we will go live. I plan to shoot till lunch and resume at 1pm. We will then shoot till we lose light or we deem it time to go cold. That is up to the RSO's for safety's sake.

This will be a 35 person roster: You must be signed up with me to join in.
We have limited room and this is all we can fit on the firing line. Please post in the thread that you would like to come and then PM me your FULL NAME and any guests (along with their info) that are coming with you. We ask that our attendees be 16+. This is a safety precaution. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

1. Andrew Silcox - The Conservator
2. James Todd - Jimlaw83
3. Shannon Duncan - Dunkintn
4. Stephen Mayes - Techtoy_al
5. Andrew Gilewicz - Clank
6. John Klein - m14er
7. Adam Terrase - The_Hoff
8. Kelly Bacon
9. James Lane - Ky 606
10. Keelen Patrick - Canis Majoris
11. Chase Walls - chaser_2332
12. Terry Lada - Tomcat
13. Scott Critzer
14. Bergin Tuttle - bub308
15. Jason Greene - Greene (Sunday only)
16. Jason Janes - JSFG
17. Mark Frazier
18. Luke Elter - Northland
19. Steven Lapin - 762frmafr
20. Kim Lahmann
21. Andy Bishop - a_bishop
22. Michael Treadway - LC201
23. Jeff Green - Yoteduster
24. Josh Lapin - pinkgunsrsilly
25. Alan Eldred - AWE2
26. Jerry Mahaney
27. Kevin High - bubbadoc
28. Steven Hausman - S H
29. Jason Peck - kyshooter
30. Joe Perkins - joetuono
31. Ron McMonigle

RSO's:
1) Adam Lawson - KYS338
2) Ron Koenig -Ace-
3) Trina Koenig - MrsAce
4) Barrett Hawkins

If anyone has questions please ask them in the thread. Myself, Tres, and Ace will try and answer them as quickly as possible. When you PM me your name and confirmation please do not take offense to me deleting the PM, I will get quite a few a day and I wont want someone to miss out because my PM box was full.

<span style="color: #FF6600">Let me make it clear to our shooters that the firing line has NO cover. The only shade is what we make. So, please bring a pop tent/tailgating tent. I always bring two and am willing to share but if you have one go ahead and bring it so you are not getting scorched all day. I provide a 5 gallon water dispenser but that goes quickly among 30 people. Bring water, Gatorade, Snacks and sunscreen. We will break for lunch for about an hour and at that time you can go back to the lodge or stick around. We will go over that when we are on site. </span>

Re: RCSC: Range Day - Park City, KY

In as well pm sent. I'm more than happy to bring my steel, but also let me know, I can bring a grill and lots of random animal products as the "noob fee!"

RCSC: Range Day - Park City, KY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimlaw83</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In as well pm sent. I'm more than happy to bring my steel, but also let me know, I can bring a grill and lots of random animal products as the "noob fee!" </div></div>

I dont think anyone would be upset with a grill and various meats to enjoy for lunch. Your welcome to do that but get with me first on specifics. Thanks!

Why am i not on th list? If i can attend i will be bringing steel, a grill, a pop up tent, and some more gear.

Not sure i anyone is coming with me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why am i not on th list? If i can attend i will be bringing steel, a grill, a pop up tent, and some more gear.

Not sure i anyone is coming with me </div></div>

Between ACE and myself, we have plenty of steel on the ground. Over 30 targets last time. Just bring you and your gear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dunkintn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a guest to add, pm sent. </div></div>

Got him on the list.

2 weeks out folks. I intend to do a Milling / Ranging session again, this time with a little more Pressure
smile.gif

We will also have a few "Mini Stages" printed out for you to shoot at will. Just to test yourself.

For the people that have not shot with us before...

Park Mammoth Lodge is located at:
22850 Louisville RD
Park City, KY 42160

From I-65, take exit 48
Head South/East on 255 Mammoth Cave Parkway
When it intersects take 2nd St / Louisville Rd / 31W West
Follow that back under I-65, and you will see Bald Knob Road on the right, take it up to the Lodge.

If you are heading directly to the range,
Same directions, except continue on Louisville Rd / 31W West
You will see Chaumount Rd on the right about 3 miles from I-65
Turn right and follow it for just over 1 mile, you should see signs for the range/shoot at a drive off to the right.

If anyone needs more info or has any questions please post here or contact one of us.

Presentation1.jpg

Because RCSC is a Business, making $ from these shoots is their priority. The more people that stay in the Hotel, eat at the hotel, and shoot... the more $ they make and the more they will allow us to do (The folks Running it)It will also insure we get to keep doing it !

Right now all the Steel, Stands etc. are 100% owned by Myself and Kys338, all the damage to them comes out of our pockets... We do it because we love to Shoot, and like getting more people involved. <span style="font-weight: bold">There is No Financial Incentive for us.</span>

A few Facts about these shoots.

Were shooting in Natural Terrain, Not a flat "Square" Range.
Due to the terrain that makes it such a great place to shoot, some targets can't be shot from all positions, Part of learning is figuring out what targets you can hit. Just because you can see it does Not mean the BULLET has a clear path to it. Many people learned this on the 800 yard targets at the last shoots
smile.gif
** If you make adjustments and the Impact does not change... Your hitting something down range**

Any Ideas to make the shoots even better are welcome, post here or send a PM to myself or Kys338. If it's feasible we will try to incorporate it. There will be even more steel at this one, More ranges and more Distance
smile.gif
(20+ targets at last one) Well over 30 this time
smile.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">List of stuff that I would recommend you try to bring.</span>
Rifle with good Optics
Ammo: 100 + rounds seems to be the norm for 1.5 days of shooting.
Spotting Scope / Bino's
Log Book or something to save all the Data you will gather.
Mildot Master or other fast method of ranging targets.
Tarp: Good chance the ground will be wet.
Canopy: The Easy Up Canopies will be a help as the days get hotter.
Folding Chairs.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Cooler with plenty of Water</span>
Snacks.
TP, the Facilities are Natural... Use leaves at your own risk
smile.gif

Clothing appropriate for the weather.
Insect Repellent.
Various kinds of Jerky for Gifts to the RO's
grin.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">Sun Screen</span>
**I will add as I get time**

<span style="font-style: italic">If you don't have some of these items.. Don't Stress on it, there are plenty of good people there and you will be Fine ! </span>

mammothpic.jpg

We have a half full roster. And we are 2 weeks and 3 days from the range day. Lets fill this list up!

guys i am really wanting to partake in this event but heres the deal i have never taken a shot more than 100 yards. I have sent thousands of rounds downrange but my local place only has 100 yard line. so heres my question Is this event to much for a long distance noob such as myself?

A Bishop

Not at all... just let me know who you are when we get there and we will get you taken care of. Many folks have come with limited distance experience.

awesome thanks alot ace. I am def. in pm is on its way

We will get you on target. Just find myself or Ace and you will be surprised what your capable of!

i'll look you guys up when i get there, thanks for the words of encouragement

100 rounds per rifle is normally enough... But there is Ample opportunity to shoot much more than that if you want.

Hoff, LC201 is riding with me up there. Let me know what you are doing as far as travel plans.

The roster is filling up quickly. Usually picks up steam when we get within a week of the shoot date. Make sure you secure your spots if your thinking of coming.

Thanks

I'm going to try to make this with a buddy of mine, but helping family with health problems right now so I can't plan really more than a day or two out at the moment. Would love to hook-up with you guys though.

Looks like a good time is lining up once again!

I hope you guys are able to do this again before it gets too cold. Love to make a trip to the next one!

Thanks for putting this on for everyone.

Anyone going to this event have a Manners T, T3, or T4 that I can check out?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will have a few T-4s there. </div></div>

Awesome bro! If you don't mind I'd like to take a look at them.

No prob, there will be a lil bit of Everything there. I have yet to see anyone that was not more than willing to let people try their stuff. Many gear sales have been made based on what people learn at this shoot.

Each month I see peoples weapons and gear improve, and do so without having to buy a dozen things to Try before getting what they want.

I am in for Saturday!

Yea, i have my mcm A4's that I love, but want a new
One for my surgeon, wanting a HTG, A1-3, T, T3, or T4.

All I know is my 175 load is .4 moa at 225 yards and running 2700+, so next is time to load up the 125 pieces of brass that are ready. Getting excited now! Just wish my 24 inch 223 upper would be ready in time to blast some 77smks out to 800.

I think I may bring my 16 inch upper but if I shoot it...well that's anyone's guess! I'll be out there prob with m14'er so feel free to look for us. Just look for the big lanky goofy guy missing all the time!