• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing re-post from another thread

The Mall Ninja

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2008
North Pole, AK
I posted this in the semi-auto threads, but I guess I can put it here too.

I have a few questions about a couple modifications I would like to do. (or have done for me) I was looking at possibly having a switchblock installed on my carbine length gassed AR, but in the FAQ on noveske's site it states that if you have a lo-pro gas block under your rails you can't really install the switchblock because it won't fit.... So I was thinking about finding someone to remove a section of my fore-end rail kind of like the rail system that noveske offers with their switchblock uppers, and install the switchblock. Now, if I was able to find someone to complete said modification for me, would they have to cut off my M.I.T.E.R. mount that is pinned to my barrel? (only a 14.5" barrel) or is it possible to remove a pinned mount without destroying it? I am in the process of aquiring an SPR/M4 suppressor, and from what I have read here and elsewhere: The shorter the gas system is on a rifle, the harder it is on the parts. Adding a suppressor to the equation is even harder on the parts and you get alot of back pressure shot back in your face