• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: President Joe Biden on Thursday launched the largest release ever from the U.S. emergency oil reserve

Hobo Hilton

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Pacific Northwest
How can one man have the power to drain the oil reserves of the United States of America?
Is there any checks and balances that can stop this ?

yep shrinking the reserves all while not allowing permit's to drill for more oil such a smart potato he is now if you could just rip off his face and replace it wit;h his butt things would make more sense when he talks .

So what happens when we tap that out and nothing else has changed? Then we have no reserve and it takes how long from the ground to actual pump?

Sounds like they are trying to fabricate another emergency to “save” us from.

Time to start looking for a good wagon. Like Bonanza, not the little red kind.

So what happens when we tap that out and nothing else has changed? Then we have no reserve and it takes how long from the ground to actual pump?

The petroleum reserve is not a significant contribution in the scheme of things.

The most significant factor will be increased pipeline infrastructure. The permitting issues and BLM drilling won't affect things for months to years, but better start sooner rather than later.

The best thing to immediately increase domestic production is the increasing price of the WTI and MARS. Increase these and drillers start heading to the fields again. Probably not the answer most folks want to hear, but its the truth.

You want to increase the production but depress those indexes? Then start offering more tax incentives to domestic drillers. It's the easy button to increase the profit margins in the oil patch and encourage drilling.

If only there were a pipeline.....
That is probably the least of America's worries. It will take at least 5 years to build refineries if material and equipment can be procured.

However, the newest refinery with significant downstream unit capacity is Marathon's facility in Garyville, Louisiana. That facility came online in 1977 with an initial atmospheric distillation unit capacity of 200,000 b/cd, and as of January 1, 2021, it had a capacity of 578,000 b/cd.

There are some, so called, refineries that are newer but they are Condensate splitters with very low b/cd. America has relied on other countries to do the dirty work and ship a finished product to the USA.

Reactions: Nik H and Bradu
How can one man have the power to drain the oil reserves of the United States of America?

Putin did it remotely by hacking onto the system

If they are going to do this it needs to be done in conjunction while incentivizing production here.

-Re open keystone And other pipeline projects
-New permits on federal lands. The government makes money off these land leases. I don’t see why they wouldn’t want to do this.
- increase and modernize our refining capacity.
- people need to come to the realization that if you want to support and grow green renewable energy sources it’s going to take the power of hydrocarbons to do it.

I’ve got no problem with them tapping the strategic reserve they just need to have a realistic plan for putting what they take back.

So the stupidest fucking president in the history of the country is going to deplete the nations most critical oil reserve for political gain and insure that America is placed in jeopardy in the coming war by crippling our petroleum reserves. Good Plan.

One thing you know for certain, if Democrats have ok'd the idea it will in no way benefit America in general and working Americans in particular.

Still raffing about the time Trump wanted to buy $3,000,000,000 worth of oil at the 2020 lows, and democrats said “Naw”.
The extra capacity was leased from the fed by the oil and gas industry and utilized as storage for them when demand plummeted. So the space was used. It just wasn’t sold to the federal government.

Had this access storage not been utilize/available it would have caused more production stoppages. As companies literally would’ve had nowhere to put their production.

Every day I miss President Trump a little bit more.

All according to plan and on schedule.

The extra capacity was leased from the fed by the oil and gas industry and utilized as storage for them when demand plummeted. So the space was used. It just wasn’t sold to the federal government.

Had this access storage not been utilize/available it would have caused more production stoppages. As companies literally would’ve had nowhere to put their production.
Absolutely nothing to do with what I posted.

To the best of my knowledge, the Strategic Oil Storage has never been filled to 100% capacity. Seems there is always more room to store oil underground. I may be wrong. Tried to check their website for information on historic levels.

Here is the message I got:

Our services aren't available right now

We're working to restore all services as soon as possible. Please check back soon.

0YhBHYgAAAAAk66/bOyRKTow4weO/nD2pcGh4MDItZmR2Mi01NDQ2Y2RjNjk3LWt3NzQ3AEVkZ2U=

• Haha
Reactions: NoDopes
Have you ever been riding with a guy and pass the sign that says "Next Services 100 miles" and look over at the gas gauge and the low fuel level warning light is on.... His reply is "Don't worry we got plenty of fuel to go 100 miles, maybe even 200 miles. Welcome to the Bidenmobile. Only 3 more years to go on this road trip.:mad:

Attachments

• Biden 8.png
    Biden 8.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 28
Have you ever been riding with a guy and pass the sign that says "Next Services 100 miles" and look over at the gas gauge and the low fuel level warning light is on.... His reply is "Don't worry we got plenty of fuel to go 100 miles, maybe even 200 miles. Welcome to the Bidenmobile. Only 3 more years to go on this road trip.:mad:
They were leaving space for domestic producers because they didn’t know how long the lull in consumption would last.

Had they completely filled the reserve domestic production could’ve run into an issue with having a place to store and that would’ve caused a greater issue, like shutting down more production.

Having a little excesz storage space is actually a good thing for this reason especially with the economic conditions of 2020.

That’s what people don’t see.

It’s easy to say top off the tank. But it’s a little more complicated than that

To the best of my knowledge, the Strategic Oil Storage has never been filled to 100% capacity. Seems there is always more room to store oil underground. I may be wrong. Tried to check their website for information on historic levels.

Here is the message I got:

Our services aren't available right now

We're working to restore all services as soon as possible. Please check back soon.

0YhBHYgAAAAAk66/bOyRKTow4weO/nD2pcGh4MDItZmR2Mi01NDQ2Y2RjNjk3LWt3NzQ3AEVkZ2U=

Bryan Mound Strategic Petroleum Reserve Exising Caverns.jpg

Bryan Mound Strategic Petroleum Reserve.jpg
1648828983127.png

It is an impressive site.

Still raffing about the time Trump wanted to buy $3,000,000,000 worth of oil at the 2020 lows, and democrats said “Naw”.

Wasn't it at one point the oil companies would pay anyone to take the oil away? I remember watching go to -$35ish.

Reactions: Jgunner
Here is what a hollowed out salt dome looks like when mother nature fills it

I'll see your sinkhole and one up you to the Lake Peigneur incident! 😁

If I recall correctly, the water moving in was actually carving out the salt dome. The outflow was through another open surface hole salt mine.

The carving process for the Salt caverns on the Texas coast is much the same process. Oversimplified, they insert a straw (wellbore) and start pushing water and sucking out brine. The activity alone carves the cavern down.

Fascinating ownership complications arise regarding the ownership of the brine, the salt, the cavern and the remaining storage space!

Now's the time to start utilizing the alternative energy resources discovered by Nichola Tesla that have been hidden away by the Industrial Complex for the past 60 years. We have the technology to produce essentially free energy for everyone, but that would mean our dependence on oil would be nipped in the bud and you can guess who would not want that to happen. We the People demand the free energy that is rightfully ours!!

If I recall correctly, the water moving in was actually carving out the salt dome. The outflow was through another open surface hole salt mine.

The carving process for the Salt caverns on the Texas coast is much the same process. Oversimplified, they insert a straw (wellbore) and start pushing water and sucking out brine. The activity alone carves the cavern down.

Fascinating ownership complications arise regarding the ownership of the brine, the salt, the cavern and the remaining storage space!

And the experts wonder why Louisiana is sinking into the Gulf of Mexico...........
Blame it on the Russians

I remember that. During the Civil War over around the Tabasco factory the salt mines had to be guarded so as to not allow them to be captured by the Union Army.... I also know that some old Texaco wells mysteriously started producing a bit more oil in Louisiana

Reactions: RGStory
I'll see if I can dig up my photos of me working there... There are so many impressive oil handling sights in Louisiana, Texas and Oklahoma it is mind boggling to the average person.... Again, there is no shortage of oil. All that needs to be done is uncap those wells that are drilled and proven..... I don't know how much dumber the American people can get...
I feel like the average person is saying 'hold my beer'

NEVER ask how much dumber they can get, it's scary.

Again, there is no shortage of oil. All that needs to be done is uncap those wells that are drilled and proven.....

See attached.
The DUC's have been headed on a downslope since the last boom, but there are still plenty left. Far more in those wells than in the SPR.

Tried to load it as a spreadsheet but I was unaware of the prohibition against it. So PDF instead.

Attachments

• duc-data.pdf
    218.2 KB · Views: 49
So his handlers are trying to look like they are trying to fix the problem… they made?

Biden and Co causes more problems for America than Putin, change my mind.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton

As I heard Glen Beck say today, no one has done more to weaken, undermine, and destroy our country that Joe Biden Couldnt have done a better job.

I say,

Dark days ahead.

fuck Joe biden.

Reactions: DIBBS and jrassy
As I heard Glen Beck say today, no one has done more to weaken, undermine, and destroy our country that Joe Biden Couldnt have done a better job.

I say,

Dark days ahead.

fuck Joe biden.

Not sure I’m going to wave “the end is near” signs, but that geriatric simply had to go sit in the basement and eat fucking pudding, but noooooo

His buddy Berry Obama said it best
“Don’t Underestimate Joe’s Ability To Fuck Things Up”

Reactions: Maggot

Another purpose of this it to make space so domestic producers can move away from expensive above ground storage.

60F0D0B7-4C72-4FF1-BDF1-F5E8A9CEDB37.jpeg

-
50F89EF4-36EC-412A-B9CC-01C0E45EF301.jpeg

Also the reserves were at their fullest under Around 2008-2012. Trump was slowly tapping to reserve throughout his whole presidency.
684A650E-AEEA-4BF4-9539-DF74E9BAC244.jpeg

The recent increase in US oil production levels means we need larger and cheaper storage for domestic production.

3A26FE90-2EB9-4E02-8B1A-BF4146A584C5.jpeg

Another six months at around 1 million barrels a day will get the strategic reserve to just under that 400 million barrel point pointed out in multiple sources above.

I believe they’re making room so it can be used to store domestic production. There will still be oil in those tanks it will just be the government leasing the space to producers instead of actually being part of the “strategic reserve”. To do this they gotta drain some of it down.

Not sure I’m going to wave “the end is near” signs, but that geriatric simply had to go sit in the basement and eat fucking pudding, but noooooo

His buddy Berry Obama said it best
“Don’t Underestimate Joe’s Ability To Fuck Things Up”
It's NOT Joe. He has no idea which way to walk from the podium when he's done reading the teleprompter.

It's the swamp, the Blinken admin, whatever. It's not Joe.

Reactions: TurboTrout
It's NOT Joe. He has no idea which way to walk from the podium when he's done reading the teleprompter.

It's the swamp, the Blinken admin, whatever. It's not Joe.

No doubt, but he’s sposed to be the dead man switch to a degree, sadly he’s so crooked and stupid and old, it’s not a good thing.