• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reaching the boiling point

What was the death rate of the bubonic plague?
The Black Death, a widespread bubonic plague infection, peaked in Europe between 1346 and 1353. It was one of the most devastating pandemics in human history, leaving an estimated 75 - 200 million people dead in Eurasia. This fatality rate represents a staggering 30-60 per cent of the European population at the time.
I just posted this as another example of how crippling a disease, virus, whatever you want to call it to show something about travel during the time of the bubonic plague and today. Back then there was different ways of traveling. Unlike today people are flying, driving, visiting, so many more ways of spreading unseen viruses. This is more about travel than numbers. Numbers can be misleading as everyone knows. Populations are what they are when they were. Past, present, and future. As viruses, diseases are different in their own ways past, present and future.
What we as individuals must do is to protect ourselves and our families to our best abilities. No one can take care of ourselves except ourselves.

Last edited:
What was the death rate of the bubonic plague?
The Black Death, a widespread bubonic plague infection, peaked in Europe between 1346 and 1353. It was one of the most devastating pandemics in human history, leaving an estimated 75 - 200 million people dead in Eurasia. This fatality rate represents a staggering 30-60 per cent of the European population at the time.
I just posted this as another example of how crippling a disease, virus, whatever you want to call it to show something about travel during the time of the bubonic plague and today. Back then there was different ways of traveling. Unlike today people are flying, driving, visiting, so many more ways of spreading unseen viruses. This is more about travel than numbers. Numbers can be misleading as everyone knows. Populations are what they are when they were. Past, present, and future. As viruses, diseases are different in their own ways past, present and future.
What we as individuals must do is to protect ourselves and our families to our best abilities. No one can take care of ourselves except ourselves.

This virus is hardly anything to worry about. Bacteria that becomes resistant to antibiotics, Yellowstone erupting, a giant solar flare, etc. would wreck absolute havoc on our species.

COVID-19 isn't even worth a footnote in history, besides government malfeasance and disproportionate response to a virus with a benign fatality rate. COVID-19 and governments responses around the world is going to become a case study on "what not to do" for generations to come.

This virus is hardly anything to worry about. Bacteria that becomes resistant to antibiotics, Yellowstone erupting, a giant solar flare, etc. would wreck absolute havoc on our species.

COVID-19 isn't even worth a footnote in history, besides government malfeasance and disproportionate response to a virus with a benign fatality rate. COVID-19 and governments responses around the world is going to become a case study on "what not to do" for generations to come.
Yes I know. Sometimes I go overboard. Not the first time I have.

So far we have had 167,564 deaths from COVID as of today since reporting started on 21 January 2020.
According to this article if we remove suicides from firearm deaths, only 15,292 people were killed by firearms in 2019. And those numbers appear to include good guys killing bad guys, so that number of tragic shootings should be a lot lower.

Maybe someone with a math major can chime in with better numbers. Maybe even find better break down of death to just cover tragic deaths of good people being killed by bad guys and accidents. But in 7 months you are way more than 10 times more likely to catch a fatal disease and die than being killed by a gun in the twelve months prior. And your gripe is not wearing a mask? For Shits and Giggles I just weighed my daughter's face mask. She hates wearing the mask, like every other American, but understands the risks and she still wears it when we leave the house. It measures on my digital scale at 119.9gr. The EDC bullets for my 9mm is 147gr. That doesn't include the powder, case, primer, the gun, the extra ammo in that magazine and the back up mags. Plus the holster. Hopefully you get the point.

Kind of puts things in perspective. You can be infected by COVID and be a carrier and not get sick/show symptoms. But the people around you can become infected and get sick. If wearing a face mask is that much of a discomfort, how to do carry a gun for self protection? Especially since you are more likely to die from COVID than a bad guy with a gun? Or someone you know could get infected and die because you refuse to add a simple mask to your EDC?

tenor (1).gif

So far we have had 167,564 deaths from COVID as of today since reporting started on 21 January 2020.
According to this article if we remove suicides from firearm deaths, only 15,292 people were killed by firearms in 2019. And those numbers appear to include good guys killing bad guys, so that number of tragic shootings should be a lot lower.

Maybe someone with a math major can chime in with better numbers. Maybe even find better break down of death to just cover tragic deaths of good people being killed by bad guys and accidents. But in 7 months you are way more than 10 times more likely to catch a fatal disease and die than being killed by a gun in the twelve months prior. And your gripe is not wearing a mask? For Shits and Giggles I just weighed my daughter's face mask. She hates wearing the mask, like every other American, but understands the risks and she still wears it when we leave the house. It measures on my digital scale at 119.9gr. The EDC bullets for my 9mm is 147gr. That doesn't include the powder, case, primer, the gun, the extra ammo in that magazine and the back up mags. Plus the holster. Hopefully you get the point.

Kind of puts things in perspective. You can be infected by COVID and be a carrier and not get sick/show symptoms. But the people around you can become infected and get sick. If wearing a face mask is that much of a discomfort, how to do carry a gun for self protection? Especially since you are more likely to die from COVID than a bad guy with a gun? Or someone you know could get infected and die because you refuse to add a simple mask to your EDC?

Because I don't give a fuck, it's as easy as that.

The risk from dying of COVID-19 is almost zero, if you are not ancient and/or have any comorbidities.

~81% of people that get it are assymptomatic, and early research is showing that ~80% of the world's population is immune to COVID-19. 80% of the deaths in the US come from 0.60% of the population, and the average age of COVID-19 mortality is older then the average life expectancy.

Keep in mind that in the US, you only need to show 2 or more COVID-19 symptoms to be confirmed COVID-19 positive, no testing required. By our standards, I had it in June. Hospitals are hemorrhaging money, my wife's hospital is losing ~$3 million/day. Through the stimulus package hospitals also get money for every COVID patient, every COVID patient on a ventilator, and COVID death. With the really relaxed classification standard combined with the fiscal incentive, it's no wonder we are seeing some big COVID-19 numbers. It's simple behavioral economics.

Relax, crack a beer, leave your biases at the door and look at the real numbers. They are really not that scary. You and your family have a very, very high statistical chance of not ever being threatened by this virus.

The risk from dying of COVID-19 is almost zero, if you are not ancient and/or have any comorbidities.

~81% of people that get it are assymptomatic, and early research is showing that ~80% of the world's population is immune to COVID-19. 80% of the deaths in the US come from 0.60% of the population, and the average age of COVID-19 mortality is older then the average life expectancy.

Keep in mind that in the US, you only need to show 2 or more COVID-19 symptoms to be confirmed COVID-19 positive, no testing required. By our standards, I had it in June. Hospitals are hemorrhaging money, my wife's hospital is losing ~$3 million/day. Through the stimulus package hospitals also get money for every COVID patient, every COVID patient on a ventilator, and COVID death. With the really relaxed classification standard combined with the fiscal incentive, it's no wonder we are seeing some big COVID-19 numbers. It's simple behavioral economics.

Relax, crack a beer, leave your biases at the door and look at the real numbers. They are really not that scary. You and your family have a very, very high statistical chance of not ever being threatened by this virus.
Well shit, only 2 symptoms and you’re corona positive? Then it must be cedar trees that give it to you, cause every time I’m in them damn things I get Covid symptoms! I knowed it right off! #chainsawsforcedars

Glad to see in addition to good knowledge of long range shooting we have so many experts with doctoral degrees in infectious diseases on this board who know more about this than the CDC and other health care experts.
WTF are you talking about? The CDC, WHO and Fauci have contradicted each other since February. And more than once. If you haven’t identified this by now you are clearly not paying attention.

Here... y'all read some of this - scroll down a page and find the list of studies about masks.

Jacobs, J. L. et al. (2009) “Use of surgical face masks to reduce the incidence of the common cold among health care workers in Japan: A randomized controlled trial,” American Journal of Infection Control, Volume 37, Issue 5, 417 – 419. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19216002

N95-masked health-care workers (HCW) were significantly more likely to experience headaches. Face mask use in HCW was not demonstrated to provide benefit in terms of cold symptoms or getting colds.

Cowling, B. et al. (2010) “Face masks to prevent transmission of influenza virus: A systematic review,” Epidemiology and Infection, 138(4), 449-456. https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/epidemiology-and-infection/article/face-masks-to-prevent-transmission-of-influenza-virus-a-systematic- review/64D368496EBDE0AFCC6639CCC9D8BC05

None of the studies reviewed showed a benefit from wearing a mask, in either HCW or community members in households (H). See summary Tables 1 and 2 therein.

bin-Reza et al. (2012) “The use of masks and respirators to prevent transmission of influenza: a systematic review of the scientific evidence,” Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses 6(4), 257–267. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/j.1750-2659.2011.00307.x

“There were 17 eligible studies. … None of the studies established a conclusive relationship between mask/respirator use and protection against influenza infection.”

And on and on and on...

Personally, I just want to know the truth - I could give a fuck about being "right". I'm wrong twenty times a day, twenty-one ain't going to humiliate me. My wife is hot and she can shoot, what else matters?

But something ain't adding up with all of this BS. If you can't figure that out, drink some Spin-D :unsure:

And kudos to the citizens of Shasta County 👍

Post edit: worst thing? THEY are pitting the citizenry against each other... THEY get more power while WE fight amongst ourselves about fucking masks... Wake up.
Even the WHO - the most vaunted bastions of neutrality (sarc)- admitted as much earlier this year with their own publication. But we are still called on to finger fuck those masks multiple times a day by in America by donning them and removing them. Nope.

Last edited:

I’m working the power requirements vs food prep and preservation numbers vs the number of people I will have to protect and feed when SHTF in November. The virus has no place in my calculations at all. When the shooting starts in earnest, the Made up Covid numbers will look so very silly....

All numerical data surrounding COVID19 is corrupt. Because we've been lied to, nothing can be believed from that point on.

Do you wear your mask inside your house? If not why not?

Do you realise that unless you wear a real respirator the mask does nothing to protect you? So you might be a carrier and then spray that shit all over your house.

Critical thinking is hard, I know..........

Maybe compare this to the Spanish Flu, which we are trying to keep from happening again. And failing because instead of trying to help, too many are acting selfishly. Every time we see groups of people not listening, guess what? COVID cases spike. And the Governemnt is getting involved because there are too many people who refuse to chip in and help. Sorry a piece of cloth over your mouth is such a torture. But instead of giving the government an excuse to act, just follow the recommendations when this first broke and we would be past it by now.

If you think you can make someone bend to your will, step right up.

Or shut the fuck up.

I love the looks from all the sheep, when I stroll into a store without a mask. All the silent liberal tears due to someone daring to not be dictated to, and who wont blindly obey power hungry morons. Blind obedience is a vice not a virtue.
1DDDE5D3-7F03-4A85-8C3A-3792A2659734.png

The problem is that COVID is a serious problem. Could it be worse... you bet. However, with a death eate hovering under 4%, mostly due to hospitals not being totally overwlemed in all jurisdictions, it coukd be alot worse.

The death rate in other countries with shitty healthcare systems have been as high as 9%. 9 out of 100 people die...

Think about that...

The flu killed a little over 60,000 in the 2019-2020 season. We are well above that, and there are quality of life long there issues with COVID.

Much of which can be handled by simply wearing an effective mask. (Six layers of cotton or an N95 / KN95 mask...)

Yeah, we have no choice, we need to reopen... but all the consipracy theory jackasses out there need to wear a damn mask a quit whining.
4% ?

bullshit.

1597560195362.png

The reason for the twisted numbers is the "bought and paid for media" to hype up the "problems" for the election. Had this been under ANY other president the media would be singing a different tune. Not to mention the healthcare system "professionals".......

Ask yourself WHY the GOV, media, or the "medical organizations" just can't seem to report HONEST numbers and data??????
I'm not statistics expert BUT I sure know how to collect data......there's someone with the REAL numbers being told to be quiet.

Cause if the reality was less than 10% of people tested were -19 positive NO CITIZEN would be out wearing masks.
Then add to that the reality of a less than 1% death rate overall........YEA..........OH I forgot to add....Why do we have a flu shot every year???? OH....and.....WHY do they have to report "how effective" the flu shot will be every year?????? OH.....that's right.....we can't stop the flu cause it changes EVERY YEAR............think it thru.....-19 is not going to go away.

Yes, this -19 killing people is bad no doubt. When you think of the flu killing people we are like...yea.....that's the way it goes.....LMAO

And you have a peer reviewed medical journal article to back that up? Link please.
I have my own eyes witnessing it. Medical journal? Oh you mean from the same types that lie about being able to change genders? The same idiots that are pushing tranny crap onto kids? Yeah, they’re sooooo trust worthy.

Great another fucking sheep, its not about weight its about doing something that has no effect on this except for falling into lock step with the govt. I bet you would be helping others onto the trains also.....

The reason for the twisted numbers is the "bought and paid for media" to hype up the "problems" for the election. Had this been under ANY other president the media would be singing a different tune. Not to mention the healthcare system "professionals".......

Ask yourself WHY the GOV, media, or the "medical organizations" just can't seem to report HONEST numbers and data??????
I'm not statistics expert BUT I sure know how to collect data......there's someone with the REAL numbers being told to be quiet.

Cause if the reality was less than 10% of people tested were -19 positive NO CITIZEN would be out wearing masks.
Then add to that the reality of a less than 1% death rate overall........YEA..........OH I forgot to add....Why do we have a flu shot every year???? OH....and.....WHY do they have to report "how effective" the flu shot will be every year?????? OH.....that's right.....we can't stop the flu cause it changes EVERY YEAR............think it thru.....-19 is not going to go away.

Yes, this -19 killing people is bad no doubt. When you think of the flu killing people we are like...yea.....that's the way it goes.....LMAO
H1n1 killed 90k people before odumbo even made a peep about it. No shutdowns, no idiotic masks, no “distancing”. What is different? Trump, and the libtards will do anything to stop him.

I think the gov't should only make recommendations. That is it. The people should decide if they would go to the gym, grocery store, mall, riots, voting, concerts, sporting events. etc... So if your an at risk person you may opt to stay home and away from gatherings. Otherwise, people should NOT be forced to do anything. I'll wear a mask if the store im at provides them for free. Home depot round here has them right in the front. But if a store has a facemask policy but does not provide masks fuck em. I won't buy one just to shop at they're store. They're not serious and neither am I. Personally, i feel it is just the latest way to humanely reduce the population. In fact, i feel that these new super viruses and bugs are man made and unleashed on an ever growing and longer living society. Yeah, I'm kinda that guy.........

Something to consider:
The same stores that are requiring a mask have a don't intervene policy for
shoplifting.
Strange.

R

So what do they do if you are shoplifting without wearing a mask?
Ask you to please put on a mask before continuing with your nontraditional shopping?

When you find yourself in a hole, it is best to stop digging...

When you find yourself in a hole, it is best to stop digging...

I love your counter argument. Filled with facts from reputable sources. :rolleyes: Just like the rest of the people who disagreed with me. At least your argument wasn't filled with direct insults and hyperbole.

Great another fucking sheep, its not about weight its about doing something that has no effect on this except for falling into lock step with the govt. I bet you would be helping others onto the trains also.....

This is for everyone, not just who I am quoting.

People will have differing opinions. Continue a civil discussion or stop the discussion. Call them sheep or what not if you want and they may toss a jab or two insult as well.

But.....do not start things like “I bet you would help others onto the train.” Things like this are crossing the line as most everyone doesn’t want that regardless if their opinion of something is different than yours.

Most everyone on this forum is on the same side overall except for a few differing opinions. Don’t get shitty over it.

Reactions: MarinePMI
Man and Viruses have been together for a very long time. Viruses make humans stronger. Viruses do this by getting rid of the weakest. Viruses do not give a shit about anyone. That's right the virus doesn't care about your feels. You're scared for Aunt Sally, so she should take precautions to stay safe.

This was first about flattening the curve and we have done that. Now it's about trying to save everyone and you can't. Honestly, if Slow Joe is declared the winner of the 2020 Presidential election COVID 19 will end quicker than it started

I love your counter argument. Filled with facts from reputable sources. :rolleyes: Just like the rest of the people who disagreed with me. At least your argument wasn't filled with direct insults and hyperbole.
I’m not the one trying to conflate gun deaths /bullet weights with mandated face covering. I don’t need to insult or call names, because you are doing a very thorough job of demonstrating your ignorance without me having to shine a light on it. I’m sure you are a good dude and it’s great that you share an appreciation with Guns and shooting, like everybody else on here. You lost me when you started questioning the intelligence of anyone on here who don’t accept or buy into the media scare tactics about masks and their effectiveness. There is simply too much contradictory information from credible sources to say that masks are effective. And before you say it, no, I’m not gonna sit here and post links to all the studies. You or anyone else that can look past confirmation bias can find this information. If you want to wear one, go ahead. Only you are responsible for you.

Man and Viruses have been together for a very long time. Viruses make humans stronger. Viruses do this by getting rid of the weakest. Viruses do not give a shit about anyone. That's right the virus doesn't care about your feels. You're scared for Aunt Sally, so she should take precautions to stay safe.

This was first about flattening the curve and we have done that. Now it's about trying to save everyone and you can't. Honestly, if Slow Joe is declared the winner of the 2020 Presidential election COVID 19 will end quicker than it started

And then what? Slow Joe wins, we all know it was a bunch of BS and then what?

The fuse is short, and getting shorter. The silent majority isn't silent anymore.

The cities are dying between mismanagement, violence, and disease. The ones who can are fleeing.

The ones who are staying I've actually seen our resident Democrats move into the city. I wish them the best in their city.

The first black mayor in the Nation once said that wherever American cities were headed, Newark would get their first. Most of the other bigger cities are catching up fast.

The thing with elections is, the people always get the government they deserve. And we get it right along with them. So the people who hold up the cities with their taxes take a look at what they're buying, and say G'Bye Squalor, G'Bye crime and violence, G'Bye oppression based solely on color (Blue vs Red).

Now it's on your dime, assholes.

A lot of folks saw this coming decades ago, my family included. The only thing I go into the city for is VA medical care, because I have to. Good, bad, indifferent; it's what I've got, so....

Let it rot in its own excrement.

Cities are only 5 days (5?) away from starvation; something they might want to consider more seriously.

If the blocks go up, anyone who has will become the trodden. It's not that far away, folks...

Last edited:
The problem is that COVID is a serious problem. Could it be worse... you bet. However, with a death eate hovering under 4%, mostly due to hospitals not being totally overwlemed in all jurisdictions, it coukd be alot worse.

The death rate in other countries with shitty healthcare systems have been as high as 9%. 9 out of 100 people die...

Think about that...

The flu killed a little over 60,000 in the 2019-2020 season. We are well above that, and there are quality of life long there issues with COVID.

Much of which can be handled by simply wearing an effective mask. (Six layers of cotton or an N95 / KN95 mask...)

Yeah, we have no choice, we need to reopen... but all the consipracy theory jackasses out there need to wear a damn mask a quit whining.

Listen here....

Here are some questions for you to research so you don't sound so stupid.

1. How many FLU tests were performed in the 2018-2019 season?
2. How many were Positive?
3. How many Deaths from Flu in 2018-2019?
4. Take the Positive # and Death # and divide them. Death/Positive. What's the "RATE"?
5. Now, Take the Positive # and Death # from the China virus, and do the same.
6. "bUt ThE dEaTh RaTe Of FlU" they establish the "Flu Death Rate" by Projecting actual cases not by confirmed cases.

Six layers of Cotton? HAHAHAHA. So those idiot virologists in their pressurized airtight suits, they need to be told that they can stop viruses with 6 layers of cotton.

"wear a mask and quit whining"
"wear the star on your shirt and quit whining"
"get the tattoo number on your forearm and quit whining"
"give up your guns and quit whining"
"get into the train car and quit whining"

Actually the only one whining is you.

exactly. but don't dare refer to a covid nazi as a nazi or else they'll say you are untermensch for not agreeing with their militant statist pseudoscience.

Reactions: Aries256 and Doc68
i hope he learned a lesson, but probably not.

Went to breakfast this morning, a business that under other circumstances would be full, can't let anyone sit at the diner counter and maybe had two tables and two take outs the entire time I was there, 1.5 hours.

Woman and I spoke and I expressed my shame and regret about what is happening to small business.

In a heavy Greek accent she said "Its all about some people that don't like President Trump".

The horror of that was bad but I felt good that good people get it.

Went to breakfast this morning, a business that under other circumstances would be full, can't let anyone sit at the diner counter and maybe had two tables and two take outs the entire time I was there, 1.5 hours.

Woman and I spoke and I expressed my shame and regret about what is happening to small business.

In a heavy Greek accent she said "Its all about some people that don't like President Trump".

The horror of that was bad but I felt good that good people get it.

A lot of educated foreigners who escaped bad government are very leery of totalitarian overreach. Just like our founding fathers were. Sadly, many dumbass, pasture raised domestics who have had it too soft for too long are the ones inclined to climb onto the trains as soon as they are told to.

Soft lands breed soft people.

Go look at the #walkaway movement. The people are being fed lies. Moderate liberals are figuring it out and leaving the Dems in droves, and why mail in voting is such an issue. Their base is not motivated to go out and vote.

Go look at the #walkaway movement. The people are being fed lies. Moderate liberals are figuring it out and leaving the Dems in droves, and why mail in voting is such an issue. Their base is not motivated to go out and vote.

I hope you are correct. The liberals I monitor are preaching about how they are going to topple Trump via any means necessary. They say he has to go. They are getting some decent following to. Is it going to make a difference in My state? No because it’s solid red, but it’s changing, slowly, it seems. Why? Cause you got idiots like the ones I keep my eyes on that are growing in number by indoctrination supported by all the asshats leaving these hard leftist states in huge numbers, which I still think is by design to change the red states. I think in the future we are going to have to ban together and do some of the same or do the Balkanization deal.