• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"Reactor"--New Company from Ryan McMillan

I think this would be rather eye opening for many people, including myself.

I was looking at their website the other day and I couldn't find an answer so maybe someone here knows, does the unit measure velocity of the bullet also?

Tyler from Max Ordinate did a podcast with him and they talk about pretty extensively.

The demonstrations, instructions, and visuals are pretty scanty on the website. I'd like to see how it works before I go dropping $500 on it. The only thing I can see on the website is that it's a glorified anti cant device with built in incline measuring device. The writing says it can do much more but I have yet to see how.

A thing like that could potentially provide data about the shooter’s recoil control, how effective, how consistent, as part of the rifle telemetry. That might be useful?

Reactions: seansmd
Seems neat, but I'm not convinced how useful of a tool it's going to be.

Reminds me of all the data gathering gadgets they have for golf. Starts off as a cool novelty, but ends up as something that gathers dust in the garage. You buy it with the intention of lowering your score, but that never really comes to fruition.

There's still no replacement for proper practice and proper application of fundamentals. I see this more as a cool toy/novelty, but I don't see this making people better shooters.

Seems neat, but I'm not convinced how useful of a tool it's going to be.

Reminds me of all the data gathering gadgets they have for golf. Starts off as a cool novelty, but ends up as something that gathers dust in the garage. You buy it with the intention of lowering your score, but that never really comes to fruition.

There's still no replacement for proper practice and proper application of fundamentals. I see this more as a cool toy/novelty, but I don't see this making people better shooters.

I’m starting to agree.

I think it would be interesting to run during a match, then review how many of my shots were taken with enough cant that I need to work on.

Reactions: kthomas
I thought it would be an interesting tool for a shop making brakes and bipods etc. Track what the rifle does under recoil. I had a quick demo of it at SHOT and it will be interesting to see if it finds its place.

If it can have the same or similar functionality as a mantisx for a precision rifle that would be beneficial. I agree that it needs recoil management functions, especially for large frame gas guns

Reactions: seansmd
Would be pretty handy for keeping track of atmospheric data for each shot when you aren’t thinking about it but it would be really cool if it could integrate with a magnetospeed or Labradar and maybe a co-witnessed rangefinder.

Reactions: LastShot300