• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reade Range "Fall" Sniper Challenge

miker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2002
Emporium,Pa
WHEN : Oct. 22 & 23.2011

WHERE : Reade Range 1257 Wipper Rd. Allemans, Pa.

Entry Fee. $ 80.00

Send To : Mike Rodich 762 Sizerville Rd. Emporium, Pa. 15834

Is open now !!!

To all who have been there before, We have done MORE dozer work, With the old shed being pushed to the bank and burned, Longer berm for pit and laid down more gravel.

This is being done for you the shooters, You can see what your entry fees are used for,

THANK YOU

Round count : about 125, But bring more

Be on range by 7:15 / 7:30
SAFETY BRIEFING at 7:30 AM
Start of match 8:00 AM

Hope to see old friends and make new ones

Any questions PM me here

miker

Re: Reade Range "Fall" Sniper Challenge

Wish I could but with the PMG match the week before I just cant. See ya next time

I'm in. Is there online registration? MO sent Aug 29th.

No online, Just mail your Money order to me, First come first served

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: miker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Hope to see old friends and make new ones

Any questions PM me here

miker </div></div>
PM box is full.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: miker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you,Fixed it </div></div>
PM sent on match details.

Wish I could.... It's our anniversary, and my wife would have my balls stapled to my forehead....

Hugo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wish I could but with the PMG match the week before I just cant. See ya next time </div></div>
It's a week of recovery in between. Come on wayde!

Hoping to attend but after the last match I had to ship my scope out for repairs and I don't know when I am getting it back yet

Pockets- PM coming.

Miker, wish I could make it but October is already very full. Work is going to have me ultra busy through the end of the year.

Lance and I will be there.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks Miker!

-Aaron

I am in
wink.gif

JB

bringing this to the top. Just shot the BHTC match, really looking forward to shooting this one. Have to change the scope again, and hopefully this time it doesnt crap out on me after the first couple of shots

These matches (as you now know) are very hard on scopes.

I would recommend:

Nightforce
Vortex
S&B
USO
IOR
Leupold (last resort)

Anything else and you stand a great chance of turning money into noise all day.

--Fargo007

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These matches (as you now know) are very hard on scopes.

I would recommend:

Nightforce
Vortex
S&B
USO
IOR
Leupold (last resort)

Anything else and you stand a great chance of turning money into noise all day.

--Fargo007 </div></div>

+1

I learned that the hard way with my first scope. When the parallax knob fell off after a shot, I knew I had problems.

What about SuperSniper? The fixed power scopes are very reasonably priced, but I've never used one. Maybe others can comment on them for durability/reliability for these type matches? A used one may be right in his price range for now.

In the scope game. Buy once cry once. Buy the best you can.

I like Nightforce. I really like S&B. A big difference in money though.

For now, this rile is staying the way it is unfortunately. Just left the local shop, they took the scope back and handed me a new one which is better than nothing, but I was hoping to get the money back. When the new stock/action are all squared away I'm considering the vortex viper pst ffp 6-24x50mm with the erb1 mrad reticle in mil setting. Only thing I dont like is that the turrets can be locked for the zero, but with still turn 1 revolution below that. That scope's msrp is 1000 bucks, which is nice, but I think I might just have to wait a little longer and splurge for the 2500 vortex razor hd, I really like that glass.

Is Mike going to publish a list of people who are shooting the match?

Jerry M, Please let me in on this .I don't get it ????

As for roster, Or if filled up. No .about half. means less work for me and a faster finish and shorter days.

Is wrong time of year to push it to fill up, Hunting season and all.

To all that did sign up, We will have fun

miker

I know you put on a great match, I'm really looking forward to it.

Mikes matches are great, I know i dropped the ball this year on attending but that wont happen next year. Cant wait to shoot some of his "thoughtfull" stages as you will find out. See you soon Mike.

Rich

What's the altitude at Reade?

If memory serves me correctly 1200-1300ft.

I use DA so I don't write it down.

How easy is it to find the range? If I put in, 1257 Wipper Rd. Allemans, Pa, Google comes up with nothing.

Take Rt 453 South to right turn on Rt 253, go approx 1.5 miles, turn right on Plank Rd, go to top of hill at church and Wippers Rd is on left, go approx 1.5 miles down Wippers and range entrance is on right hand side.
Is on Mapquest.

Are there any places to stay near the range or can we camp at the club?

Great match Miker. I definitely enjoyed my first experience there and hope to come back for many more matches in the future.

Congrats to the winners.

AA

Who won?

Who won?