• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reade Range "Spring" Sniper Challenge 2011 Results

miker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2002
Emporium,Pa
To all , Thank you for coming and a BIG thank you to my friends who stayed after to put things away after the match. THANK YOU

I can't post all the sponsors, I don't have the complete list at this time, I hope Eric will chim in and complete that for me PLEASE.

This was a GREAT match, Dave ran the pitts so smoothly, And no hic ups at all, I even had a good time.

OK, the results:

1] Jamie D 713
2] Ray W 691
3] Nick K 683
4] Tom B 624
5] Ed S 597
6] Sam M 596
7] Eric U 547
8] Freddie W 529
9] Kris D 520
10] Jake M 511
11] Lance B 502
12] Sean L 481
13] Dave O 478
14] Steve L 469
14] Tom S 469
15] Mike E 468
15] Greg B 468
16] Tom P 462
17] Dave C 443
18] Gene M 438
19] Shane G 432
20] Phil L 431
21] Josh H 405
22] Chris J 403
23] Jim R 394
24] Aaron M 369
25] Josh K 303
26] Mike H 302
27] Dave M 241

Everyone PLEASE post your pictures

Will post COF, Later today

THANK YOU ALL.

THANKS DAVE, For all your work in the pitts

miker

Re: Reade Range "Spring" Sniper Challenge 2011 Results

OK , Found my book.

COF

1] CBS 600 yd mover
2] Ladder shot
3] "Hide Shot"
4]"Jungle Run"
5] "Heartbreaker"
6] 600 to 500 run and shoot
7] "pop ups"
8] NEW ONE "Rope Climb"
9] Barricades
10] "UP DOWNS"
11] Colored shapes drill
12] "Old School" Just slings,NO bipods or rucks
13] 10 dot drill

Day Two

1] 1000 yd CBS
2] 3 and 3, spotters and head shots
3] 1000 yd closest to center bonous shot
4] 600 yd LOOP HOLE at three movers
5] Gong with movers
6] "Hostage Rescue" NEW

END of match

"HOSTAGE RESCUE"

Start at 300 yd line, Hostage target comes up, 90 seconds to run to 200 yd line and shoot both bad guys, pick up hostage {duffle bag of gravel} run to barricade {50 yds} and shoot hostage mover, pick up hostage and run back to start line {50 yds } and shoot three balloon mover, then carry duffle bag back to 200 yd line for next shooter.

THE LOOKS I GOT, " You want me to do what ???

miker

Another great match at Reade Range. To all the great sponsors who continue to donate their time and hard work for this unique sport and help it grow more each year, THANK YOU!!! We can't give you enough praise.

Thanks to Mike R. as well for the tons of work he puts into these matches, pretty much single handed...Great job Mike!!

As this match continues to move forward, it gets better an better each time. This match was no exception. I personally think it was very well balanced and the best one yet. The new stages were great and the old ones are still challenging.

Here are the some pics of the guys on Relay 2. They are all from the second day because my camera wasn't charged for the first one.
Mike R. (Match Director) and Gene M.
GunStuff001.jpg

Relay 2 1000yd line
GunStuff003.jpg

Hostage Rescue
GunStuff034.jpg

GunStuff038.jpg

GunStuff032.jpg

Sam M. 600yd loop hole movers
GunStuff006.jpg

Mike H. 600yd loop hole movers
GunStuff007.jpg

Sean L. 600yd loop hole movers
GunStuff011.jpg

Sean L. and Jim R. building positions
GunStuff010.jpg

Mover in the loop hole
GunStuff019.jpg

More...

Relay 2 600yd loop hole movers
GunStuff008.jpg

Nick K. 600yd movers
GunStuff014.jpg

Relay 2 on the pile
GunStuff027.jpg

Gong and movers stage
GunStuff024.jpg

GunStuff026.jpg

Movers at 325yds
GunStuff028.jpg

Mike H. Hostage Rescue
GunStuff041.jpg

Tried to hit the highlights, I have about 20 more that can be viewed here,

http://s526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/CenterMass_08/Public/Reade%20Range%20Sniper%20Challenge/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

It's always great seeing all the friends again and meeting some news guys. I look forward to seeing you all again in the future. Great shooting everyone.

CM

Congrats to Jamie, Ray, Nick, Tom and Ed.

This was a great match Mike, and I'm looking forward to summer. I really liked the stages with some of the physical elements (running, climbing, carrying). Keep it up.

Moving cold bore shot on day one was great. Favorites were the runner/mover combo and the dummy drag, and the loophole movers. I'll send a PM with a few ideas.

Lots of fun, great to meet up with some familar faces and some new ones.

Jamie, good shooting!

Mike,

Great job. This was probably the best one as of yet. Keep up the good work. AND, I'm glad you actually got to have some fun this time.

Good shooting everyone, hope to see you all again.

Ray

I'd like to thank all the guys in the pitts who helped out with sending up targets and running the movers. All I had to do was explain the stage and guys were right there to help out.

Congrats to Jamie, Ray, Nick, Tom and Ed. That was some fine shooting in some tricky winds!

Great Match!

Thanks again Mike for the good COF! Your hard work is appreciated.

Congrats to the top 5!

Eric thanks for getting us some awesome prizes!

Sponsers thanks for your kindness!

Dave thanks for running the pits!

Some pics from day one relay 1.

DSCN4659.jpg

DSCN4658.jpg

DSCN4657.jpg

DSCN4656.jpg

DSCN4655.jpg

DSCN4650.jpg

Congrats Ray, Nick, Tom and Ed - good shooting. Thanks Mike for a great match and the time and effort you put into it and thanks Dave for doing a great job in the pitts.

Eric, great job getting the sponsors and donations for the prize table. Great time as always spending time with old friends and making some new ones. Looking forward to seeing you all again at the next one.

Thanks again Mike,

JamieD

Miker

Thanks for the wonderful shoot. As an FNG all I can say is wow! Now that I have had some time to decompress that lost, bewildered, clueless facial expression I sported all weekend has turned to a huge grin. Had a great time and was even more impressed with all the guys that shot.

Special thanks to those that took the time to make me feel welcomed and tried to point me in the right direction.

I will be back and plan to move up the leader board!

It was a pleasure to see and shoot will you all once again.
The course of fire was tremendous and everything ran very well.

I know that Josh took quite a few photos of Relay II.
Hopefully we can get them posted up here soon.

Mike,
I have to say that you did a wonderful job with the match.
This match was excellent and has become very refined over the years.
(Day two could not have had a better or more balanced course of fire.)
I notice several changes that came directly from feed back that was given last year.
You asked for some feed back again on this springs match, so here it is:

I would really like to see each stage have equal weight.
If every one were worth 100 possible points the match would award the most consistent shooter.
In this match there were some shots that had a very high degree of difficulty but only yielded 10 points.
(ex. The 200 yard unsupported prone dot was worth 10 points a hit with a total of 50 points possible and the dot drill at 200 was worth 10 points a hit with 100 points possible.)
The advantage of the current scoring system is that it adds an element of chance to the competition though.
That gives a competitor that might have dropped the ball on a stage or two,
shoot to the top of the leader board by making one of the high value shots such as the 1000 yard 1/2 MOA dot.

Day two was outstanding!
One thing that folks really like, is that early on in the day there is an event that allows the individual competitor to receive feed back on where there shots are impacting.
I think that organizing the first day so that there is an event that achieves the same result would be valuable.
A simple way to do this without utilizing a paper target & spotters might be to have one or two stages that utilized steel targets early on day one.
(At Reade Range it is pretty easy to see hits on the shale.)

The mixture of scenario vs. firing line events was pretty close to perfect.
My only suggestion would be to not put a scenario stress fire stage right before a back to back stress fire firing line stages.
For the poor schmucks that are the last to go through the scenario stage, they end up with three back to back stress fire stages.
(ex. Jungle Run, to Heart Break, to 100 Yard terrain run)
tired.gif

I would like to extend a very hearty thank you to everyone for the interest and feed back on my scope covers.
I was not planning on rolling things out quite as fast as this, but your support leaves me little choice.
Congratulations to Ed S in getting the L8N MultiCam Mark 4 Spotting Scope Cover.
A version for a model that fits the Bushnell Excursion line of Spotting Scopes is in the works as well.
There is a thread started in the observation devices section discussing my covers if anyone else is interested. LINK
Well that’s quite enough about my business stuff, didn't mean to hijack this thread too much.

I would also like to thank all the other generous sponsors.
These events are not about getting free gear, they are about competition and fellowship.
But I for one realize the value in getting product into the hands of the people that will use it .
There are no less than a dozen high dollar items that I have purchased after seeing it in use and hearing the testimonial of the user.
That is one of the most powerful forms of marketing and is worth its weight in gold.
Hopefully I will be able to continue to support this event with my products well into the future.

Cheers,

Phil

L8N

HOLY SHIT WE FROZE OUR ASSES OFF BATMAN.... Especially Friday night. It was so wet and damp... Just horrible. Saturday night was better.

My favorites were the new jungle run (with additional obstacle), the barricades, and the new rope climb stage (this was the best IMHO) Make that one fatter - e.g. 6 shots, 2 each at 3 targets next time.

My preference would be the only 100 point single bullets be a CBS. Another way to spread the lolly around is to award 50 for hitting the paper, or award points working down from the closest. e.g. 100, 75, 50, 25, 10.

It was a match that was very rich in action, and was challenging as well. The physical fitness requirement of it was GREAT. I cannot wait for the next one. I enjoyed hanging out and grilling with the camping crew once again.

--Fargo007

Phil, As you see ,I do listen, Am trying to do what the shooters want, And make it interesting, Have a few ideas from others I may try.

Thank you

miker

Another great match Mike. I am still new to comps but I have to say each match I attend of yours I enjoy even more. You not only bring an interesting diversity to the scenarios but you also attract some very knowledgeable and comedic individuals. Comparing last fall to this spring I enjoyed all the new stages and I agree with Dr. Phil and fargo007 that some revision in the scoring could be considered as they presented a few options.

Thanks to everyone that had a part in preparing the prize table. It is not why I attend this event and never will be, but it adds additional excitement to the weekend.

Best of luck to T. Bowes, and his crew as they adventure for the next few years to Alaska. You made my weekend very entertaining and have defiantly added to the overall experience of this competition. Be safe, and thanks for your commitment in protecting our country, it is truly recognized.
Nice shooting Jamie, Ray, Nick, Tom and Ed. Don’t get comfortable on the top there are plenty of us planning on taking home that placard.

I have a few pics and a video I will be posting soon. See all of you in the fall.

Special thanks to all our KICKASS sponsors. Please let me know if I missed anyone!

WolfPrecision--Provided a BEAUTIFUL rifle for the table
On Target--Barrelled Action
Manners Composite Stocks--Stock
Bartlein Barrels--Barrel
Badger Ordnance--Bottom Metal
Rifle Basix--Trigger
Hooper Police Supply--Bottom Metal
ACS--ALL KINDS OF GEAR!!
Black Hat Training Corps--free training classes
Old Lodge Armory--Gunsmithing Cert
Cameraland--Binoculars
Vapor Trail Tactical--Free training classes
Louisiana Precision Rifles, LLC--Gunsmithing Certs
Impact data books
L8N Mark 4 Spotting Scope Cover
American Rifle Company--Scope rings, and discount coupons for all

Just can't say enough about how great this match was! Run smooth, challenging as HELL and one a stand up bunch of shooters!

dpreston--you ran the pits like a swiss clock!

miker--nice work both setting up a challenging course and running it well!

Thanks to Miker for having such a great competition again, love the changes, keep going!!

Great to see everyone again and get to shoot with all of you guys, Sam thanks for the chow, I had a blast!!

Thank you to all of the sponsors who provided some top notch prizes, a complete rifle and barreled action is totally awesome!! Can't thank Eric enough for getting all of that together.

Want to thank my gunsmith Mark Williams at Old Lodge Armory for my rifle, she shot well for me all weekend so it wasn't the dope on the gun just the dope behind it as usual. Looking forward to shooting her at ASC coming up.

Congrats to all the top shooters, even you Tom, you guys shot really well, and man it was awesome to watch Jamie Clean that drag the hostage stage.

Looking forward to more matches!!

Later
Sean Little

Bet not many guys brought out their safe-queens, looks like a very very cool match.

I won the barreled action from On Target and I picked it up this weekend from my FFL. I thought I'd put a picture of it up, I decided that I liked a friend's McCree's enough to try it out and I robbed a Nightforce from my AR to shoot it.

Thank you to Jake, Ed, Nick and the rest of the guys at On Target Gunsmithing for the fantastic 308 barreled action!

I have not stretched the legs much, only to 460yd on steel so far. No load development, thrown together ammo from 178 Amax's and I'm very very impressed.

The specs are:

Rem 700, fully trued
Badger bolt knob
Rock Creek 11.27tw, finished at 20" and threaded 5/8-24 for my suppressor (the chop/thread job was also included!)
Tuned 3lb trigger

I added the chassis, scope base, rings, and suppressor.

Thank you again, I'm sure anyone that shoots with me has heard about it at least 3 times already.

IMG_3286.JPG