• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Real Bad Flippin' Holster Idea 101

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
<span style="font-weight: bold">Q:</span>

Whaddaya get when you cross a melted and squashed-up plastic hanger with a butt plug?

<span style="font-weight: bold">A:</span>

http://www.versacarry.com/

Re: Real Bad Flippin' Holster Idea 101

What a F@#$%^& piece of $#IT!!

The worst part (aside from what appears to be an incredibly CHEAP design) is that according to their own safety warnings/product guidelines...you can NOT, REPEAT <span style="text-decoration: underline">NOT</span>, carry firearm with a loaded chamber in their holster?!?!

"DO NOT use this product to carry any handgun with a live round in the chamber."

WTF?!?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a F@#$%^& piece of $#IT!!

The worst part (aside from what appears to be an incredibly CHEAP design) is that according to their own safety warnings/product guidelines...you can NOT, REPEAT <span style="text-decoration: underline">NOT</span>, carry firearm with a loaded chamber in their holster?!?!

"DO NOT use this product to carry any handgun with a live round in the chamber."

WTF?!?! </div></div>

The safety disclaimer for nearly every holster says that.

But this one doesn't even cover the trigger? I hope people aren't buying that crap.

Stupid is as stupid does. Maybe I should walk around spinning the gun on my index finger as well.

i'm glad this wasn't a SERPA thread, and i can't wait to see the first lawsuit from a guy who breaks off the buttplug and has his hand blown off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slothlacrosse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm glad this wasn't a SERPA thread, and i can't wait to see the first lawsuit from a guy who breaks off <span style="font-weight: bold">the buttplug</span> and has his hand blown off. </div></div>

I think I've started an SH meme ...

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The safety disclaimer for nearly every holster says that.</div></div>

Show me a disclaimer from Safariland or Galco that says that. Maybe it's because I wasn't lookin' but I have never seen one or heard it come out of a reps mouth.

Ummm yeah 'ol Justin Sicks, or whatever his name is in the video seems pretty proud of this thing, but for common sense reasons that immediately spring to mind and therefore are not worth typing here..... I'm not about to rock n' roll with a clippy piece and barrel plug inside my trousers rather than a holster.

So you mean to tell me that someone actually has bought these??

Boggles the mind...

DK

So you have to remove them to get the stub inside your barrel, and then reinsert it inside the pants... hmmmm.

"AND" you are not supposed to carry your pistol loaded... seems to take all the "prepared" part right out of it.

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you mean to tell me that someone actually has bought these??

Boggles the mind...

DK </div></div>

Nothing boggles the mind any more. Every board that I'm on is thick with newbies who have bought a Glock 17, a Maverick 12 gauge, and a Ruger Hawkeye in .308, and think themselves ready for SHTF/Apocalypse/Whatever, and thus also ready to dispense opinions about <span style="font-style: italic">everything,</span> them being special snowflakes of the last generation and a half or so. Frankly, I'm sick and tired of it, and I imagine that one of these mouthbreathers convinced himself that this was a good and novel idea and has convinced other room temperature IQ always hangin' at the Tastee-Freeze readin' Guns Magazine at the Rexall without buyin' it fucktards to buy his sex toy barrel tampon. By God's grace we stagger forward with their weight upon our shoulders.

tell us how you really feel.

the glock 17 is a fine firearm. didn't you see man on fire?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slothlacrosse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">tell us how you really feel.

the glock 17 is a fine firearm. didn't you see man on fire? </div></div>

Don't get me started on the boys hangin' out behind the Sheetz and in the magazine aisle at the Weis Store, neither! Grr grr grr ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Every board that I'm on is thick with newbies who have bought a Glock 17, a Maverick 12 gauge, and a Ruger Hawkeye in .308, and think themselves ready for SHTF/Apocalypse/Whatever, and thus also ready to dispense opinions about <span style="font-style: italic">everything,</span> them being special snowflakes of the last generation and a half or so. Frankly, I'm sick and tired of it, and I imagine that one of these mouthbreathers convinced himself that this was a good and novel idea and has convinced other room temperature IQ always hangin' at the Tastee-Freeze readin' Guns Magazine at the Rexall without buyin' it fucktards to buy his sex toy barrel tampon. By God's grace we stagger forward with their weight upon our shoulders.</div></div>
You know what I like most about these clowns you are referring to? They buy the 3 firearms mentioned (just as you say), but even when the zombies come for them, they have no ammo or food or anything because none of their mouthbreathing friends are impressed with a case of ammo or shelves of non-perishable food items.

... and so, the zombies eat them while they lay there dressed in multicam with molle pouches on top of molle pouches, clutching their SKS with Ramline stock & Countersniper scope... and justice is served.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Every board that I'm on is thick with newbies who have bought a Glock 17, a Maverick 12 gauge, and a Ruger Hawkeye in .308, and think themselves ready for SHTF/Apocalypse/Whatever, and thus also ready to dispense opinions about <span style="font-style: italic">everything,</span> them being special snowflakes of the last generation and a half or so. Frankly, I'm sick and tired of it, and I imagine that one of these mouthbreathers convinced himself that this was a good and novel idea and has convinced other room temperature IQ always hangin' at the Tastee-Freeze readin' Guns Magazine at the Rexall without buyin' it fucktards to buy his sex toy barrel tampon. By God's grace we stagger forward with their weight upon our shoulders.</div></div>
You know what I like most about these clowns you are referring to? They buy the 3 firearms mentioned (just as you say), but even when the zombies come for them, they have no ammo or food or anything because none of their mouthbreathing friends are impressed with a case of ammo or shelves of non-perishable food items.

... and so, the zombies eat them while they lay there dressed in multicam with molle pouches on top of molle pouches, clutching their SKS with Ramline stock & Countersniper scope... and justice is served. </div></div>

Could we speak with the zombies and get them to speed it up a little bit? Could they get to them and their brains <span style="font-style: italic">before</span> they have a chance to reproduce and find keyboards?

That would be nice, but I've found zombies to be very difficult to reason with.

That is the thing with Zombies and eating brains. The people that are always hanging around and not being prepared DON'T have any brains for them to eat...

And everyone knows that Zombies can't see multicam... SO THEY GO HUNGRY!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slothlacrosse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the glock 17 is a fine firearm. </div></div>

I happen to be a firm believer in Glock... especially the M22.

DK

I am a firm believer in the Ninja Glock. Picked one up the other day. I keep my extra non-perishable food in the magazine well.

I will give them credit from a purely cute solution to a standard problem. Kind of like those puzzles that test intelligence. I never thought about the "barrel diameter" as being a standard place to interface on a weapon.

Again...cute. Not really smart. But cute.

As others have said, it is the rest of the "job" of the holster that is ignored which is the major fail.

Perhaps they could come up with a lego-type system where you could snap on different shields to cover the trigger-groups?

But this holster design has the same problem as the clip-draw designs from years and years ago. I use a clip-draw on my CCW piece when it is in a fanny-pack. Should I need to dump the pack, I have short-term options to get through a situation where a pack is a no-go.

But...I carry 1911s all the time. I don't carry a striker-fired Glock. I would NEVER...EVER carry most modern pistols with a clip-draw type system. The lack of safeties is just a Plaxico Burress waiting to happen.

Regards,
Greyson

What's really funny is that it's nothing new. Was a somewhat popular idea in the 40's called the "Medley Brush holster." If I remember, that was an upside down shoulder carry.

Crazy stuff...

Why would you stick anything inside the barrel..wow common sense has been lost somehwere...

They have an add that goes up on your FB page and I said my feelings about it so they told me to unlike their page and I wouldnt see it...told em Ive NEVER liked their page and also what I thought about the crappy "holster" so they deleted my comments and blocked me! They are obviously a great company huh...

Look at the bottom right of their page. Their .22 mag has "tactical finger grooves"
I've got to have one.

Oh and don't forget the awesomeness of their T-Shirt to advertise the fact haha.

shirt-normal-size.jpg