• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Real country music.

Jimmy Webb
Willie, though Stardust is more jazz and contemporary than country. Still a great record.
Blackberry Smoke
Townes Van Zandt

"real". Do you mean vintage or old? Just because you didn't evolve doesn't mean new music isn't "real". Lol.

Is this a "real" gun?

Image 56.jpg

That bozo has become a gun control faggot. You want real county music?

Ol' Willie has spent way too much time in Hollywood, downtown Vegas, and downtown Nashville after he became famous. All that mingling with left-leaning stars and rag writers will get to someone if they let their guard down and become complacent for too long...

Gotta keep it real even after you become real. There is a reason why 50 Cent and DMX (RIP) are respected. They kept it real. They still went back to their hoods way after they became famous to chill, smoke, and play streetball, with NO bodyguards or entourages around. Because nobody fucks with people who are real. Hardcore rap shares a lot of themes with dark country aka 'Gothic Americana' like Colter Wall and Blackberry Smoke. They tell stories of struggle and adversity and how folks had to make do with what they got. Whether it is about drug addiction and gang violence on the urban streets, or unwelcome carpetbaggers trying to scam money off of hardworking farmers who are already on the brink of financial hardship, these are the fabrics which wove the American story and is what makes this country stand out among all others.

"real". Do you mean vintage or old? Just because you didn't evolve doesn't mean new music isn't "real". Lol.

Is this a "real" gun?

View attachment 8245699
A lot of today’s pop country artists are as “country” as Coldplay is “rock”. Just no, fuck no…

If evolution is allowed and considered, Taylor Swift is the greatest “country” artist ever by pure album sales and seats filled from her early years, but most common folk don’t now nor ever really considered her a true country singer.

And someone else brought in Ray Wylie Hubbard. I have a special connection to him. We have met several times at his shows. My wife knew him when she was in an AA program.

He is humble and home-grown. His wife runs the merch table when they do a show. He wrote this song and Jerry Jeff Walker made a big hit covering it.

When we have seen him play (Poor David's Pub in Dallas, Hot Summer Nights in Sherman) this song, he sometimes introduces it or even stops in the middle to offer his sage advice. As a songwriter, the melody is not that important, the words are not that important. You don't have to be a great singer with a huge range (Geoff Tate covers 4 octaves when most people struggle to get 2 octaves, for example.) No, the most important thing to ask yourself as a singer-songwriter is:
"Can you sing this song for the next 50 years?"

This is performance from way back that I was lucky to find.

• Love
Reactions: mtrmn
Johnny Paycheck, Take this job and shove it. I sang this song so much when I was little that my mom was scared I would get on stage and sing it at church.

My Dad's favorite.
Reminds me a 'few' years back engaging a Blockbuster checkout chippy while indulging a Lou Reed/Velvet Underground CD buying binge to satisfy some 70's college nostalgia. She was probably 20+ yrs my younger but very well versed in the band members etc. As I'm thinking "I'm still hip, even now!", she sez, "Yea, my Dad's got all their stuff".