• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Real country music.

Took me awhile to warm to country music, I liked the outlaw version. In the last 25 yrs, not about the music, it's the entertainment value.

This red-neck from Louisiana, agrees.
My father-in-law was born and raised in south central Texas but sounded cajun. Especially after his son moved to Baton Rouge when he got married. So, my FIL would sound even more cajun when he came back from visiting there. I have visited there, too. From Dallas to Shreveport and then south on 49 to Opelousas and go east on 190. Go over the River and then go back around the loop. He lives in a small town near Baton Rouge.

When county singers started calling themselves "ARTIST" is when the music started to suffer, they're entertainers nothing more , get over yourselves, you pompous fools.

Reactions: Milo 2.5
Can’t believe none of you ignorant mother fuckers mentioned Billy Joe Shaver😡😂 With Eddie of course

To quote Gen. Obi Wan Kenobi- "Now, that is a name I have not heard in a long time."

Kudos to you for bringing him up.

Reactions: mtrmn
1697331957329.jpeg

Jerry Jeff Walker
Lost Gonzo Band including Gary P Nunn, Ray Wylie Hubbard
Michael Murphy
Guy Clark
Billy Joe Shaver
Waylon & Willie
Merle Haggard
Hank Williams
Jimmy Rogers
Lots more I can't think of right now

And from his last album as he knew he was dying:

He had more talent than any of the new guys have in their pinky toenail clipping.

Last edited:
My grandad and I used to listen to Hank Sr. when we were riding in the pickup with the dogs to go coon hunting. I swear I cannot listen to this song without reliving those memories. And I wouldn't trade those nights for anything. He turned me on to some really great musicians. Those days were so much better in so many ways than now.

Last edited:

And in light of recent festivities in the Middle East, Russia & Ukraine, and eventually the pacific.

Reactions: BLEE