• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

real time video of target

cfish36

Private
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2009
Kalispell, MT 59901
I am trying to set up a remote camera viewing targets and be able to use the cameras as spotters. I cannot find any wireless systems that will reach out to 2500 - 3000 yards. (without spending a ton of money). Also would a cell phone send live video over the net if linked with a laptop and camera. Any help would be great.
Thanks

Re: real time video of target

Yes, there is a thread on here already about a fellow using his iPhone (the one that lets you use the camera for live video feeds) as a remote viewing station. If you have one phone set up down range, you could either be sending the image to another phone or potentially connect that phone to a laptop to record the live feed.

I'm probably going to be trying this method this summer when I get a chance to upgrade my phone. The one I have is great, (HTC Eris) but I'm looking forward to getting one with the live video chat feature, specifically for this task.

skinney, do you use your computer cam or can you use an external cam. sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. I have never used skype and I don't know much about it. but thanks for the info

The skype will not work unless I use a cell phone for getting on the web. (or cell internet card). I am setting the farthest cam up over 1.5 miles away from the nearest wireless internet source. I can't think of anyway to do this other than a cell internet card.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cfish36</div><div class="ubbcode-body">skinney, do you use your computer cam or can you use an external cam. sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. I have never used skype and I don't know much about it. but thanks for the info

</div></div>

i've never done it, just got the idea last night when my sister had her new laptop here, if you have a cell phone with wireless internet capability and could run a better external camera that would be the way to go.