• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Really. $2500 for an basic AR

LEOHUNTER

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2012
California
I Saw this on our local Craigslist--- $2,500bucks for AR's now....this is getting ridiculous!

<span style="color: #FF0000">
AR-15 (with tons of extras) - $2500 (La Mesa)
Date: 2013-01-02, 9:23AM PST

AR15 carbine (Spikes Tactical lower, CMMG upper), built with tons of extras. Tactical rail, surefire light, aimpoint red dot sight.... Over 700 bucks in add-ons. Will also throw in a few mags and ammo.
shoot me an email, and I will text you pics. </span>

Re: Really. $2500 for an basic AR

Going to get worse before it gets better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Going to get worse before it gets better.</div></div>

yep.. whole lot of guys looking at NFA prices and saying "DAYUM< $15-20K for a Colt SP1.. I remember them being $400 new at the store

Flag the page.. hahahahha... Guns arent allowed on craigslit
laugh.gif

I'll sell you the same package for $2350. I'll also include a National Match Tactical carrying case.

I heard of similar prices at the gun show in Ft. Worth this weekend. Also heard that ammo prices were just as ridiculous.

$1200-$1600 last weekend at a show in knoxville and some were postban carry handle rifles WTF!

2600 for basic dpms rifles @ Houston shows last 2 weekends

The LMT MWS I could have get a month ago for $2,400...now some people ask over $5,000.
The issue is what many people don't think is that if Feinstein wins partially and semi-auto riffles will be grandfathered in, they still will be required to register and be taxed the same way as they do full auto rifles now ($200 a year) also you will not be able to transfer it. If you fail to register face a 10 year minimum sentence (will be under NFA)

Please post this as many place you can and write!!
This link will take you to a Congressional website where you can quickly and easily email your Senators, Congressmen and the President: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Going to get worse before it gets better.</div></div>

yep.. whole lot of guys looking at NFA prices and saying "DAYUM< $15-20K for a Colt SP1.. I remember them being $400 new at the store </div></div>

While I see what your saying comparing NFA prices to what is going on right now is ridiculous.

Saw a POF 308 listed for $7000 a few days ago. I think it was on gunsinternational.
Makes me wonder if NFA prices are going to get even more out of reach.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hunbramericano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The LMT MWS I could have get a month ago for $2,400...now some people ask over $5,000.
The issue is what many people don't think is that if Feinstein wins partially and semi-auto riffles will be grandfathered in, they still will be required to register and be taxed the same way as they do full auto rifles now ($200 a year) also you will not be able to transfer it. If you fail to register face a 10 year minimum sentence (will be under NFA)

This will be a stretch...they are 6-9 months backlogged on current NFA requirements. The millions of semi-auto that would fall into this category would be an easy 5 year plan....and who's going to enforce it. The LEOs sure as hell don't want to. The range officer won't care. And it's a one time $200 tax...and the transfer is a simple paper push.

This link will take you to a Congressional website where you can quickly and easily email your Senators, Congressmen and the President: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML </div></div>

here is a pic of a local gun shop and a used cmmg mk3 dont know what there went for or go for bu seems kind of high to me

C10E7137-2118-4CB9-BA59-1EB06F0367A8-1136-00000068CEEC468E.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BravoSector1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hunbramericano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The LMT MWS I could have get a month ago for $2,400...now some people ask over $5,000.

This will be a stretch...they are 6-9 months backlogged on current NFA requirements. The millions of semi-auto that would fall into this category would be an easy 5 year plan....and who's going to enforce it. The LEOs sure as hell don't want to. The range officer won't care. And it's a one time $200 tax...and the transfer is a simple paper push.

This link will take you to a Congressional website where you can quickly and easily email your Senators, Congressmen and the President: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML </div></div> </div></div>

the bill also included increased funding to the ATF for this registry, so it sounds like they're planning on handling the logistics by increasing the size of the ATF.

A Colt Magpul AR just sold for $3800.00

On 14 December, I ordered a Colt SOCOM II from Ratworx for $1527.00. This included free shipping. It is a limited production model - 1500 made.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badbowtie03</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw this at local gun store today...

IMG_20130102_164144.jpg

INSANE. </div></div>

It's insane that people are paying that and causing this shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Flag the page.. hahahahha... Guns arent allowed on craigslit
laugh.gif
</div></div>

my thoughts exactly.

I just watched a dpms sass upper with flip up sights go for 3200 on gunbroker this morning. What the fuc.

I just watched a dpms sass upper with flip up sights go for 3200 on gunbroker this morning. What the fuc.

hell, mine is selling for $1250 in the classifieds - there are plenty of lower cost ones on GB as well, though there are some still going for high prices - the closer we get to the bills moving through congress...

the tax will never get through as it was considered discriminatory in 94 and will be so again

I built my last four for a grand each. Couple stripped lowers still in the safe. Glad I don't have to worry about this b.s.

A guy at work (security guard) who is a loudmouthed lefty(proud to have voted for the "change") of course freaked out and went to buy an AR. I asked him why, since he votes for the people who are pushing for this stuff. He says, "they are going to take them away". I asked him if he has any mags (1 that came with rifle), ammo (none), sights (it has none, he has none). These are the people who are buying them like crazy now. Never thought their "rights" would be stomped into the ground or thought about anything when the voted.

Going to a show in BHM in the AM. Taking a R/R with a 20" FN upper and one, 10 rd mag that will be on my shoulder with no sign. I'll report back on what happens.
Most probably I'll bring it back home, as I have really have no interest in selling it,... unless someone is flat out stupid, and loaded with, verifiable bones. But,... should I even suspect, it's a liberal,...
grin.gif
laugh.gif

How long is this shit gonna last, was anyone round during the last Bullshit bans?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I see what your saying comparing NFA prices to what is going on right now is ridiculous.</div></div>

Guess you were too young back in 1986 when the NRA sold us out. Those same guys whose parents are not married, will do it again.

Those of us who saw the elephant, have a little different perspective.

Was in a gun shop this week and overheard a conversation:

Guy bought a basic Colt AR earlier this year for $1,400
Sold it back to the same store a week ago for $2,000
Store turned the gun around and sold it the next day for $2,300

Crazy stuff, and getting scarier every day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LanceS4803</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was in a gun shop this week and overheard a conversation:

Guy bought a basic Colt AR earlier this year for $1,400
Sold it back to the same store a week ago for $2,000
Store turned the gun around and sold it the next day for $2,300

Crazy stuff, and getting scarier every day. </div></div>

the problem there is a colt AR 6920 should be no more than a grand in the first place.

I agree. It is a sad day when I sell Carbon 15 Bushmasters for $1100. I have some customers wanting to sell used AR15 for $1795 that I was selling new for $689 a month ago. I honestly don't see the end though.

I asked a guy online who paid some ridiculous price for a rifle (GAP-10 $6500) and just received the answer. He wrote me it's an investment.

I think people lost their sense of reality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grizzdude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think these guns are just going to get more expensive. </div></div>

Do you think the gun industry will cease to exist? Or the same semi auto rifles they sell for $1000 on the international market will sell 3 times for $3000 within the USA?
The current market is a simply supply and demand, but this level of demand will not continue and there is plenty of supply.
I am sure they will make it harder for regular civilians to get a rifle, but they will not go after completely the second amendment. that is a political suicide for any congressmen.

Our local gun store got 250 30rd Pmags in yesterday morning, even with a customer limit of 3 per, they were gone by 5pm.

Pretty soon, this will level out but it is going to be around 2 months from now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Going to a show in BHM in the AM. Taking a R/R with a 20" FN upper and one, 10 rd mag that will be on my shoulder with no sign. I'll report back on what happens.
Most probably I'll bring it back home, as I have really have no interest in selling it,... unless someone is flat out stupid, and loaded with, verifiable bones. But,... should I even suspect, it's a liberal,...
grin.gif
laugh.gif
</div></div>
Got out of the truck, started walking then seen the line. Knowing the Fire Marshal would limit entry I turned around and was going back to the truck when " a few folks" seen the AR I was carrying. Needless to say all wanted it but no one had enough cash, cash + checks for the balance. Long, short, it was gone 2 hrs after getting home. Talked to a few dealers on the phone they said the peak is not in sight. Next closest show is in Huntsville on the 19th, carrying my last title I AR to that one. What a zoo,... I knew it was bad but did not know how bad, funny thing is, I believe the bulk are Libs as most don't know anything about what they are trying to buy.
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Going to get worse before it gets better.</div></div>

yep.. whole lot of guys looking at NFA prices and saying "DAYUM< $15-20K for a Colt SP1.. I remember them being $400 new at the store </div></div>

While I see what your saying comparing NFA prices to what is going on right now is ridiculous. </div></div>

I think Force_Multiplier is talking about the cost of a transferable M16 before the Hughes amendment. Slow erosion of our rights. First the NFA in 1934, the ban of new machine guns in '86, and now the possible registration of our guns.

I have seen this kind of shit before and from my point of view there going to be alot of guy's looking really dumb before to long. The whole gun's are evil up roar is already die'n down so just keep calling and wrighting your reps and this shit is not going to pass. Now if we all take self gov as a spectator sport and dnot get involved well I could look dumb and guys buying plain jane ar's for 4k will look briliant.

Went to do a transfer today on a pistol I bought on the hide at my local gun shop and they were selling junk stamped AK's for $799-1200.

My cousin came in from OK this weekend . He said he hit every shop from there to here on the way in and did not find a single AR or 223 ammo until he got to Dexter MO. He bought all the ammo they had at that shop. About 1000 rounds. They did not have an AR. He did pick up an AR in Cape at a shop that he says did not raise prices and said they weren't going to. They got 10 ARs in that day and he bought the last one. It is the YHM ZOMBIE edition. Bad thing is it was the pink one not the green . Anyway, he bought the gun, a.22 conversion kit, 1 HK brand mag, a light, a cheap GI mag, and a cheap red dot for $1600 !

A fellow hide member and I went to the Orlando show today. It was a zoo for lack of a better term. People were lined up around the block of the fair grounds just to go inside. We were there at 8:30 and start time was 9. One vender said they opened the doors at 7:30 and one person came and bought all of his .223 brass and bullets. Case prices were going for 1,000 dollars a case. AK stuff was just as bad. Magpul mags from 35 to 55 or more.
At one point there was an anouncement if people would leave they could returne Sunday for free.
There were plenty of AR's and AK's there but were going for a grand or more.
We left early because we were tired of the crowd and the bullcrap that was going on.
All I can say is that those people should have thought ahead and picked up what they wanted beforehand.

If they do make transfer of the guns illegal in the new AW ban, would that make AW's priceless or worthless? If you can't legally sell them, then technically they are worthless?

I think the folks that are out there selling their stash are pretty bright. Make the profit, there is nothing to loose. If the ban passes, you've made your money before your gun becomes worthless. If not the market will be flooded with supply and prices will crash. Then you can buy up cheap. As long as you don't feel like you HAVE to have an AW there is no loosing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage 10fp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If they do make transfer of the guns illegal in the new AW ban, would that make AW's priceless or worthless? If you can't legally sell them, then technically they are worthless?

I think the folks that are out there selling their stash are pretty bright. Make the profit, there is nothing to loose. If the ban passes, you've made your money before your gun becomes worthless. If not the market will be flooded with supply and prices will crash. Then you can buy up cheap. As long as you don't feel like you HAVE to have an AW there is no loosing. </div></div>

Yeah, I think alcohol was basically worthless during prohibition too. Just because something is illegal doesn't mean there's not a market for it.

I guess I wasn't taking into account the "black" market. But I guess at the end of the day there is always a nice sur charge on anything selling there.

Guns will be no different that dope. Look at cocaine. It's illegal, no matter who you are, a felony. It is not made in the USA, has to be brought past borders. It's in every state and in full force. It is easy to get. Guns will be no different and I will be a stright up outlaw if a ban passes. I will buy illegal guns and I won;t feel bad about it. Sorry US gooberment, I feel like I must have these tools of protection, against you and citizens trying to harm me or take from me, not for killing anyone not posing a threat to me or loved ones. You see gooberment, millions of people are buying these guns for protection, but your trying to ban them because of the 1 guy out of the millions. Good call dipshits.