• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Really FNH? Really?

0311 Hesco

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2010
Ohio
Got an email from FNH about their 125th Anniversary Rebate. Well I'll let the picture do the talking...

tinypic.com

so they rotated the flag 90 degrees? not the first time i've seen this done in an add.

Nobody has ever hung a flag vertically before? Even if you do, it'll be in the upper left if you look at it from one direction and in the upper right if you look at it from the other side. Guess I never knew it was offensive to have the flag tilted 90 degrees.

I'm no authority, but I believe it is more proper with stars upper right, whether horizontal or vertical displayed.
and there is no back side of the flag when it is presented flat against a wall, or on a screen or like that.

Thanks. Some of that I learned as a kid but didn't know all the details that it provides. I have made a flag mistake in the past with another nations flag by accident, in their nation, and felt like a dipshit after being corrected so I try to pay more attention these days. It was an event being covered by the news but luckily I don't think they aired that part since we were all referred to as Russian or Cuban instead of Americans by that government anyways.

Should get taught this in school. I know I never was, although I sought out how to display the flag I bled for. If you are gonna own a rifle, you ought to know how to shoot it. Coincidentally, I think if you are going to have a flag or even live under one, you should probably know how to display it. That is four-fold if you are going to use it for an advertisement, if you must use it for that even, but that's another gripe for another day.