• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Really Right Stuff ever on sale? Best dealer on the Hide?

Smokerroller

Si vic pacem, Para bellum
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2013
Sheridan, WY
Does really right stuff ever go on sale? Is there a dealer on the hide who has good prices?
Thanks.

They sell direct, about once a year they list a little stuff that has been lightly handled/demoed here on the hide at a slight discount. I've been waiting for some kind of group buy since they have come out with the soar line, perhaps three years. So far no luck, some people laugh at me for waiting, but I hate to pay retail.

Reactions: acudaowner
Call Adam at Mile High. No special pricing that I know of but great service. You can be using it next weekend.

I can't recall ever seeing any sales on RRS items.

I purchased some RRS gear through Mile High. I mentioned learning about their company on The Hide and the guy I dealt with provided free shipping. I don't know if that's a standard practice but while placing an order it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Reactions: RTH1800
Nope no discounts and resellers dont either. Every once in awhile we have free UPS ground. I do have a active Mil/LE discount. Email me about that, its slight but helps. [email protected]

Every once in awhile, like what was said up top: I do list the demo and gear we are retiring on the hide only for you guys to take part in. Right now I do not have much so it will still be awhile.

What are you looking for?

I’ve been using different RRS equipment for photography for years and have never seen their stuff discounted.

Nope no discounts and resellers dont either. Every once in awhile we have free UPS ground. I do have a active Mil/LE discount. Email me about that, its slight but helps. [email protected]

Every once in awhile, like what was said up top: I do list the demo and gear we are retiring on the hide only for you guys to take part in. Right now I do not have much so it will still be awhile.

I'm not OP, but I'm in the market for an Anvil 30. I haven't looked much, but looked like Mile High was about the only place that had them in stock.

Nope.

But you can sell it quickly with extremely good resale value. For good reason.

Buy it.

I am wanting one of the tripods that can run the anvil 30 and be tall enough to glass with binos without hunching over. I’m 6’ tall. So that’s the 24L or 34L? I would like a 3 section that goes to 72”. No offense, and with a respectful attitude, your product names and descriptions are not very helpful. And on the overview page, 3 of the 4 paragraphs the same. Come out clearly and tell me what the difference is. I find myself skipping to the specs page to get a feel for the differences. What tripods does the anvil 30 fit on? What plates are required? These things are not clear to someone not in your ecosystem. I will be getting a RRS tripod and anvil 30 before next summer, regardless.
We you on Franks podcast? That was a good episode.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 81sfo
The fact that it never goes on sale is a very clear indication that it’s good shit worth investing in. I had to make some sacrifices to raise the funds for mine. Let me just say, the equipment is so high quality it’s worth giving up a few luxuries in other places to have.

@sharfshutz762, you were told wrong. Either a misunderstanding or lack of knowledge on the subject.
If it was from me a miss understanding, from an engineer probably a lack of sales knowledge. Apologies.

We started it last year for active soldiers and officers.

We remember who it was now, He said he was the owners son and some asian woman who i believe was the owners wife was present when we were talking to him about what we didnt like about the vyce mount.

I found the price staggering. Then I had a chance to use one in the field. I ordered one the next day! Never looked back.
If anyone takes kids/beginners hunting it is a huge asset.

same on price, except i ordered without ever using one before anyone local to me had one to try....ive bought plenty of expensive junk over the years and regretted it when it didnt quite live up...ive never 2nd guessed or regretted my RRS setup once

same on price, except i ordered without ever using one before anyone local to me had one to try....ive bought plenty of expensive junk over the years and regretted it when it didnt quite live up...ive never 2nd guessed or regretted my RRS setup once
i figured since i am old, when i die someboy will keep the RRS instead of selling the chinese version for $20 bucks at a yard sale.
sometimes i really have to work to justify my spending, lol. :p

I am wanting one of the tripods that can run the anvil 30 and be tall enough to glass with binos without hunching over. I’m 6’ tall. So that’s the 24L or 34L? I would like a 3 section that goes to 72”.

I’m 6’2 and went with the 34L. It’s plenty tall enough for me with binos. Maxed out with binos on top is just a bit taller than I would use. It’s worth it 👍

• Angry
Reactions: Terry of illinois
I am wanting one of the tripods that can run the anvil 30 and be tall enough to glass with binos without hunching over. I’m 6’ tall. So that’s the 24L or 34L? I would like a 3 section that goes to 72”. No offense, and with a respectful attitude, your product names and descriptions are not very helpful. And on the overview page, 3 of the 4 paragraphs the same. Come out clearly and tell me what the difference is. I find myself skipping to the specs page to get a feel for the differences. What tripods does the anvil 30 fit on? What plates are required? These things are not clear to someone not in your ecosystem. I will be getting a RRS tripod and anvil 30 before next summer, regardless.
Thanks.
I bought the 24L and it works perfect for my purposes. I was originally going to go for a 33 model but after talking to paul from MHSA, I found the 24L to be a better choice. Especially should I ever buy a spotting scope and or binos. Give MHSA a shout if you have more questions, Paul forsure can get you squared away, but so can anyone else in there.

I didn’t know that. Just bought the RRS Cinch too. Good to know for the future. Thank you!

We remember who it was now, He said he was the owners son and some asian woman who i believe was the owners wife was present when we were talking to him about what we didnt like about the vyce mount.

yep that makes more sense. Sorry for you being told wrong and for not being there myself. That’s a crazy week of meetings and gatherings. I try to be at the booth as much as possibleSo those things don’t happen but mixups occur. I hope you have easier time getting info in the future.

Thanks.

yes I was on franks podcast.
The TFCT tripods come with the Anvil ore attached to it. No other head will fit in that apex.

the TVC-2# and TVC-3# tripods will also fit the Anvil but you’ll need the corresponding adapter plates.

the Letters in the beginning tell what kind of apex it is.

the first number dictates what series it is. We have 1-4 series, 1 being the thinnest, with 4 as the largest in leg diameter.

The second number is how many leg sections there are per leg assembly.

for people 6’ and over I always push them to the models that have L after them, if they want to use them standing with binos or spotters.
Attachment plates are a different story. There are so many items you can attach and we really don’t like to do general or generic setups as those are known to twist loose.
B76 and B22 are most common for spotting scopes
BLPD for Leupold Spotter
B26 for Hensoldt 45 and 60
Cinch-LR for binos
Then we have mlok, keymod, and other attachments for rifles. If you have a question on those just give a call and would be happy to talk and give some personal help as always and open to everyone. 385-248-0800

Totally agree on the names. Make sense if you learn the system then you can differentiate between all our products but if your new to us or just don’t give a hoot about why the names are as is, it can be difficult. Working on rectifying that now actually. Stand by for about 2-3 weeks and you’ll see what I mean.

Reactions: Smokerroller
Thank you.

When will the Ascend series be available? How tall will it go an how effective would it be at a field match?

yes I was on franks podcast.
The TFCT tripods come with the Anvil ore attached to it. No other head will fit in that apex.

the TVC-2# and TVC-3# tripods will also fit the Anvil but you’ll need the corresponding adapter plates.

the Letters in the beginning tell what kind of apex it is.

the first number dictates what series it is. We have 1-4 series, 1 being the thinnest, with 4 as the largest in leg diameter.

The second number is how many leg sections there are per leg assembly.

for people 6’ and over I always push them to the models that have L after them, if they want to use them standing with binos or spotters.
Attachment plates are a different story. There are so many items you can attach and we really don’t like to do general or generic setups as those are known to twist loose.
B76 and B22 are most common for spotting scopes
BLPD for Leupold Spotter
B26 for Hensoldt 45 and 60
Cinch-LR for binos
Then we have mlok, keymod, and other attachments for rifles. If you have a question on those just give a call and would be happy to talk and give some personal help as always and open to everyone. 385-248-0800

Totally agree on the names. Make sense if you learn the system then you can differentiate between all our products but if your new to us or just don’t give a hoot about why the names are as is, it can be difficult. Working on rectifying that now actually. Stand by for about 2-3 weeks and you’ll see what I mean.

I snagged this for $35 off a used camera equipment website.
IMG_8070.JPG

Does really right stuff ever go on sale? Is there a dealer on the hide who has good prices?
Thanks.
Buy from MILEHIGH they are great to deal with. i waited like you then just bought one when i got it (tripod package) i can see why the price is what it is awesome tripod great quality.

@Smokerroller
The Ascend is designed as super compact and light. It probably wont be great for field matches. With the center column attached and full extended, a 6'2 can barely shoot off of it standing. There wont be any chance of me being able to use it standing with binos or a spotter. So itll be a great travel and hunting pod from seated and kneeling positions. Ill take the TFCT-24L for all field matches or another 24L if i wanted to use a different head.

I have never seen it on sale. I have two RRS tripods with the anvil ballhead (a two series and a three series). I ended up buying the 2nd from Thermal Optics Plus just because I got free shipping and because they were so small time they didn't charge me out of state sales tax. I have also bought from Mile High in the past. They have better selection and shorter wait time if you aren't trying to save the last little bit. (I didn't mind waiting on my second set up)

They got us by the balls, but QUALITY is QUALITY... I am about to place my first order with them. Shadow Tech won't give me a discount and actually made fun of me being a well trained civilian... FUCK EM, my wife's hard earned money is going to RRS!!!

They got us by the balls, but QUALITY is QUALITY... I am about to place my first order with them. Shadow Tech won't give me a discount and actually made fun of me being a well trained civilian... FUCK EM, my wife's hard earned money is going to RRS!!!
I can’t see Josh making fun of you unless you tried claiming to be a sniper by showing him a LR cert from some training course. He’s good people.

I can’t see Josh making fun of you unless you tried claiming to be a sniper by showing him a LR cert from some training course. He’s good people.
It was not Josh. I never make any claims that are not true. I am a "civilian" that trains. Never claimed to be a "sniper" and my long distance skills are pretty mediocre to virtually non-existent. I was a LE Explorer and I did put myself through a Level 1 Police Reserve Academy back in the day. I never served in the military, nor could I currently in good conscience. I did try to become a PEACE Officer in CA, and I thank GOD I no longer live in that beautiful state run by corrupt individuals. I have done security for an organization that I will not mention. I have also worked alongside local LE to protect our community and the adjoining community, but because of political bullshit they cannot publicly say they asked for our assistance. Yes, like any other person that is SELF funded and buys all of his own gear, a discount of any kind is nice. As you all know, gear, especially good gear is fucking expensive. So long story short, I got an email response, NOT from Josh, that I should try and get a discount from RRS by telling them I was a LE Explorer. It actually made me laugh... I am actually glad I did NOT get a discount from Shadow Tech because now I am going to get a tripod and Anvil 30 from RRS. So in the end, everything worked out for the better!