• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Really Right Stuff moving.....

Threadcutter308

Mr. Sugar Tits to you
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
An Island in warshington
Just received an e-mail that RRS is moving from San Luis Obispo to Lehi Utah, citing high cost of doing business as well as unaffordable real estate for the employees.

From what I have seen, ownership seems like stand up people and I take that at face value. The e-mail says that most employees are moving too. I assume they will be able to afford real estate in/around Lehi.

So, provided all that is true, props to RRS and congrats to the employees. Pain in the ass to move, but I think once it's under everyone's belt, they'll look back and see it was a good move. Now, if moonbeam would get his head out, maybe fewer businesses would need/want to leave CA.

Good luck. Just made the switch on 4 rifles, great products! It's not Moonbeam, it's the electorate.

Yeah dude, it is a move alright! Most people are going, there is a fair amount of excitement and opportunity as people are imaging a life that has been semi-impossible in Ca.

Yeah, and to do that so soon after moving into the new building on Farmhouse Lane, very interesting. It really sounds like the Johnsons are looking out for the employees as much as the business. If true, a rarity in modern business and they are to be commended for their efforts. Same for the employees.

It'll be baby diapers, long days/nights packing boxes, U-Hauls, long drives to Lehi. But (again, if true) the employees will have a better quality of life for the effort.

I think this move as well as the entire SOAR venture is brilliant. Giving up that hippie yin-yang logo made it all possible lol.

I can attest to high rent and housing there as I am up that way for work 2-3 days a week. Sad to see them move but completely understand.

Cal only wants people that are on welfare that they can control!! Friend of the family moved his business 5 years ago to Phoenix and never looked back.
Best of luck in UT!!

Last edited:
Congrats on the move (though the traffic there is almost as bad as it is here)! The wife and I have been eyeballing Utah ourselves as a place to retire.

Again, best of luck in your endeavors!

Just received an e-mail that RRS is moving from San Luis Obispo to Lehi Utah, citing high cost of doing business as well as unaffordable real estate for the employees.

From what I have seen, ownership seems like stand up people and I take that at face value. The e-mail says that most employees are moving too. I assume they will be able to afford real estate in/around Lehi.

So, provided all that is true, props to RRS and congrats to the employees. Pain in the ass to move, but I think once it's under everyone's belt, they'll look back and see it was a good move. Now, if moonbeam would get his head out, maybe fewer businesses would need/want to leave CA.

Damn...if I'd have known they were in SLO I would've stopped in. I still have friends there from college and visit SLO often. Absolutely beautiful tripods. Very expensive. I have a photographer buddy who just bought one and I'm trying to get him to bring it over so I can borrow it for some range time.

And yes, CA isn't just unfriendly to guns, we seem to love being unfriendly to businesses as well. I'd love to agree with you @InTraining but I think the idiocy runs too deep here.

No not any specific place for me, just some of the nice features about the places that you live that are never duplicated other areas fully. But we are very optimistic about new activities, sites, and memories that Utah will help bring.

No not any specific place for me, just some of the nice features about the places that you live that are never duplicated other areas fully. But we are very optimistic about new activities, sites, and memories that Utah will help bring.
as a CA bred and born, it is an amazingly beautiful and diverse country. Communism is killing it though. Best of luck in Utah, i think your whole company will be better for the move.

Congrats on leaving CA. I lived in Lehi for a few years. I'm sure you already know there is a lot of growth in the SLC area but the cost of living will be significantly less than CA.

@MPHReallyRightStuff I just looked up your address in SLO after seeing the comment from @Threadcutter308 about you being on Farmhouse...You know how many times I've eaten at the Spirit of San Luis and didn't know you were across the street?...lol. You probably have an office and not a retail store front given the area but it's just funny to me how many times I've driven right by you guys. Much luck to you on your move!

@egarabedian actually we are a brick and mortar store front and office. You are welcome to come in during business hours. If you have a specific date you want just make sure I am here, you have until September'ish, might wanna email first. I try to travel as much as possible

That means I won’t get my merchandise the next day. All joking aside, I’m happy to see another company leaving this commie state.