• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Really right stuff TFCT 2 series vs 3 series

Mrindecisive

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2017
Ohio
Forr those of you that have experience with the RRS TFCT tripods. Is there really a noticeable difference between the 2 series and 3 series?

^^^ I've read about Biblical times too. Wasn't present to witness activities.

Last edited:
It’s how you tag yourself but if you’re old enough for a decoder I can’t expect you to know that.

Ooooorrr you could just click watch thread.......tagging in is so 2005

OP the 2 series is a great all around tripod.. The 3 is def beefier but if having a lighter tripod is more important than the higher strength of the 3 series then I wouldn't hesitate to rock a 2 series

Reactions: StrayDog and CBeck
I’ve had both. The series 3 is much more stable and has less flex, but they both supported 20lb rifles just fine. If I was looking for lightweight for packing around, series 2. If weight is of no concern, series 3.

@Krob95

Did you notice a difference in accuracy at distance? Or was accuracy within reach but required more effort?

How large a delta in performance between series 3, series 2, and any other tripods you've used?

Did you have the L or standard height versions?

Thanks

@Krob95

Did you notice a difference in accuracy at distance? Or was accuracy within reach but required more effort?

How large a delta in performance between series 3, series 2, and any other tripods you've used?

Thanks

I felt like there is alot more vibration transfered through the 2 series than the 3. The 3 is noticeably stiffer to me especially when in windy

Reactions: pineoak
@Krob95

Thanks
Definitely feel more stable behind the 34L as opposed to the 24L. I shot 200yd rimfire off the 24L however and didn’t really have any issues, just takes a little less effort with the 34L to get steady.

Ive only owned the two RRS tripods. No others.

So which did you keep? or which do you grab most often for what purposes?

You prefer one over the other?

Which do you grab for matches?

So which did you keep? or which do you grab most often for what purposes?

You prefer one over the other?

Which do you grab for matches?
I sold the 24L and replaced it with the 34L. The preference goes to the 34L. I don’t see myself parting with it ever. It sees matches, practice on square range, and will see deer hunting this fall in Wyoming

Forr those of you that have experience with the RRS TFCT tripods. Is there really a noticeable difference between the 2 series and 3 series?
Hey there, not sure if you've received the complete answer you're looking for but the biggest difference between the two series is the diameter in the leg sections and the load capacity. The TFCT-24 has a primary tube diameter of 32.59mm whereas the TFCT-34 has a 36.65mm tube. These differences in thickness provide more stability and different load capacities as others have mentioned in the thread. If you have any further questions about Really Right Stuff products please don't hesitate to message me directly or send an email to [email protected]

Reactions: BadDogPSD
Each person is different, but to me, there is a noticeable difference between the 2 and 3 series in terms of stability and how much minor movement is transferred to your view through the scope. Going up to the 3 series is worth the extra cost.