• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Really tempted on a Nighthawk T3 Thin... anyone have experience/own one?

ZLBubba

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2009
Maryland
I have yet to scratch the custom 1911 itch and now I think I'm ready. I've been looking at various models of Nighthawks for a while since they're some of the easier to find semi-customs out there and seem to have high quality. My thinking is this: if I'm going to drop the coin on a big time pistol, I might as well get tons of use out of it. Since this would be my EDC piece, the T3 Thin makes sense.

Has anyone owned or shot one? How did you like the feel? What's been your overall experience with NH pistols?

My first custom 1911 was a NH Talon. It never missed a beat and ruined me for any other pistol design. Your not gonna go wrong with one.

Part of me knows that the 1911 bug could be pretty vicious if it bites me badly. Still, I've wanted a Nighthawk for a while.

Any other feedback?

Nighthawk Dominator, Baer Concept V and a Wilson Classic. All have proven reliable, accurate and good looking. If I could have only one it would be the NH.

custom grp recon and a vickers tactical from nighthawk and they run like a swiss watch also got a sig 1911 2 weeks ago

I haven't shot the thin but I have shot the T3 and it is fantastic. I have a couple Nighthawks and they are truly my favorite of the custom 1911s. The T3 feels like any other commander 1911 but the officer size grip makes it easier to hide. I would comparing the felt recoil to a Dan Wesson CCO but the accuracy is sublime.
Great company, great customer service.

Old thread but... If you haven't decided yet. I have T3 Thin. I normally do not like officer frame pistols. The more extreme undercut trigger guard allows me to get all my fingers on the grip like no other officer framed pistol. Accurate, reliable, and comfortable for someone with big hands. Black nitride finish is great, just be sure to use the correct solvent/cleaner.
Gibbs and gun butter is what I use and what NHC recommends.

Fantastic pistol.