• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rear Bag comparison

Triad

Old Dude
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2003
KC
www.triadtactical.com
Here are two quick photos of five popular rear bags. I am sorry but I forgot to add the tape measure for scale. In the tall position, I sorted them left to right/short to tall. Before sorting them, I set a rifle stock on them to settle them down. The Triad Wedgie and the TAB bag were almost the same size when compressed. The TAB bag will travel higher than the Wedgie if squeezed because it is not as full. The Badger Bone is the only one that you can open to add or remove fill material (they come completely stuffed).

From left to right:

RTG 1/2 Pint, Triad Weggie, TAB, RTG Rear Bag, Badger Bone.

lineuptall.jpg

Compressed heights:

RTG 1/2 Pint 3"
Triad Wedgie 4"
TAB 3 3/4"
RTG Rear Bag 5 3/4"
Badger Bone 6 3/4"

Here they are on the thin side:

lineupshort.jpg

The Triad Wedgie and TAB will both go down to almost nothing. The two RTG bags dont go as low so readily. Bone will do it, but you have to work an odd angle or remove fill.

Weight in oz.:

RTG 1/2 Pint 16
Triad Wedgie 17
TAB 16
RTG Rear Bag 27
Badger Bone 15

Straps:

RTG 1/2 Single 550 loop
Triad Wedgie Single webbing
TAB Two opposing webbing/corner loop
RTG Rear Bag Two opposing webbing
Badger Bone None

I know there are other rear bags out there, but these are the ones I have access to.

Re: Rear Bag comparison

Triad,
What I would suggest for scale is to photograph them with a can of soda next to it.
This would give a universal scale, and if you get thirsty under the hot light, you can have some refreshment!
Good idea with this one.

Thank you for the good comparison. Should probably sticky this since rear bag questions come pretty often.

I would agree the bags you see there are the more popular and well known bags and there are many more.

I agree they are all made buy great companies and are great quality products. If they were not then I know Triad wouldnt stock them.

In the end it really comes done to what fits your needs or what you like to use as a rear bag.

I almost would like to see a poll of which rear bag is preferred or being used and a place to see why they like the bag they use.

Sorry if I took this in the wrong direction.

I did not include the RTG Tactical Pillow. Its in a size/weight class all by itself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shibumi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Triad,
What I would suggest for scale is to photograph them with a can of soda next to it.
This would give a universal scale, and if you get thirsty under the hot light, you can have some refreshment!
Good idea with this one. </div></div>

Ask and Ye shall receive:

TABGEARANTVOMITCAMMO020.jpg

-Pat

BTW, I have both the TAB and the RTG from Triad. Using them together in different combination's allows me get where I need to be in almost any situation.

-Pat

Steve,

Those are certainly some nice products and having them lined up for direct size comparison is a great idea for folks trying to decide which might be best for them. Here are two additional products that have been fielded and in use by our military, LE, and even foreign (friendly) military before 4 out of 5 of the products you referenced were even on the market.

Geez....no respect, I tell ya! :)

Shibumi, great idea for providing folks a standard method of referencing these types of products. Please substitute your beverage of choice for comparison...no stated or implied promotion of any beverage actual or fictitious is intended. ;-)

<span style="font-weight: bold">On the left are <span style="text-decoration: underline">Tacticals</span> and the right is a <span style="text-decoration: underline">Tac Ball</span>:</span>

tac_ball_tacticals_small.jpg

Best,
David

Any body else want to chime in. 12oz can will be required for reference from here on out.

I like the swivel attachment on the Tac Ready bags. They're light weight and they quickly snap on or off of the butt swivel. Always there.

Marc

You can attach many types of clips to any of the bags that have straps or loops. I'll post some photos over the weekend.

Is the RTG the same as the Redman listed on your sight?

Wow Triad, you have let the wind out of my sails today.... I have been a LEO sniper for over 11 years. In this field it seems like there are gaps in available gear. After years of not being completely satisfied with my rear bag, I made one that I had been envisioning in my head. I first used it at the North American Sniper Championship in Mississippi in March I think it was. I shot the best that I EVER have! Myself and my partner could have won it if we would not have gambled differently on the last shot..... I was totally satisfied with the design. I had plans to eventually mass produce some and sell them. (I am a bit slow though). I had never seen the same design as the one that I had made. Well here I am today and guess what..... The one I made looks like the weggie. Great minds think alike I guess!!! I guess the internet is not as great as it is hyped up to be. I have searched numerous times to see if there was a bag out like the one I had made and never found one. Well keep up the good work and I guess I will find a new "brain storm"

My "dumb-ass-for-not-thinking-it-sooner" moment came on while playing X-Box with my son. We have a wedge shaped pillow (left over from some long past birthing class) that I was laying on. Because I cant sew up my own prototypes, it takes me a bit to get things like this moving.

So, one shot red, in recognition of our shared brilliance:

Docshat.jpg

Keep swinging :)

Also added to the market is the rear bag from GA Precision.

1.5" Thick
5" Wide
7" Long
17 oz.

Includes one loop and adjustable fill option. Includes Grimlock.

Photo with required 12oz can:
GAP-RB-SNAPPY.jpg

These too are available from TRIAD TACTICAL. Only stocking Multicam right now, but that will change soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MarcS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the swivel attachment on the Tac Ready bags. They're light weight and they quickly snap on or off of the butt swivel. Always there.

Marc </div></div>

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="font-size: 11pt">
Now what I'd like to see you come up with is a swivel attachment for that beer can. Then you'd have something!
laugh.gif

Bob </span> </span>

Looking for a multicam Red tac bag, anywhere know where i can get one fast? Triad is out as per their website and bauerarms only accepts MO or checks, wanna pay CC.
Thanks
-Felipe

We (LineStretch) dont sell many rear bags, simply cuz there's enough guys out there with good quality bags, but here's ours:

TVAlienbag2.jpg

We do a 6 inch square and a 9 inch square, bith with the corner grommet. Embroidery available of course.

I can't give enough praise to Tony from TAB for making an exceptional bag, that meets my needs. If only he could sew a significant other.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any body else want to chime in. 12oz can will be required for reference from here on out. </div></div>

CJ, you have to follow the rules for the thread!!
laugh.gif

Ya, I know. My bad! I was at the drop zone and we hadnt started drinking yet so I didnt have access to either a bag or a 12 oz can...

I'll replace the pic with a rule-following pic asap!
grin.gif

I like the Red Tac Gear bags...

Picture008.jpg

Couldn't find my original one (it's around here somewhere...) but I've got a set of the regular-fill regular bag and tactical pillow and half-pint... and a set of the new ultra-lite fill regular bag and tactical pillow. Actually, Stu adjusted the weight to request (exactly half that of the regular ones) so they wouldn't blow away. Didn't quite believe how light that fill material is until I had them in hand - good think I had him add the weight!

Now I just need an ultra-lite half-pint bag for hunting, etc.

Picture011.jpg

(sorry, no beverage cans were handy at the time of pics...)

I really like the TAB rear bag. I used the red tac for a while or a sock filled with airsoft pellets. Both worked well enough, but the TAB was a little lighter and the strap placements gave me better control of the bag and stock vs the RTG rear bag.

Just a personal preference.

IMO the ultralight RTG is the best bag EVER for matches where you have to move. Weighs in at a whooping 2oz, plus another .25oz with a little s-biner attached. Hook it up to your vest/rig for the running stages---something that can be a little annoying if the bag weighs 27oz.

triadbagsml.jpg

Triad angled bag... The way forward.
I've shot with the badger bone, red tac bag, a manky sock and now this. It's the smallest but most usable bag we've come across. Good to go

I remember a day..My buddy *Redman calls me up saying he's sending me something to go try...

I go to the range and try it and hey this is pretty cool...

And i remember posting in here, I may have to go back 10,000 posts but it's here showing this cool bag...

Stu got what, almost 20 orders for them in the next 10 days and his business went good.

Thanks for helping him out guys, his customer service is #1 (Triad you are included as you guys are partners)..

So Stu this beer and cigar WOULD be for you, but I passed my CISSP yesterday and some vendor made me work late last night....so tonight's the night.....

rearbag.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
triadbagsml.jpg

I've shot with the badger bone, red tac bag, a manky sock and now this. It's the smallest but most usable bag we've come across. Good to go </div></div>

What stock pack is that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
triadbagsml.jpg

I've shot with the badger bone, red tac bag, a manky sock and now this. It's the smallest but most usable bag we've come across. Good to go </div></div>

Thought I got lost in a Multicam catalog for a second...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srv656s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Wedgie is the best!! I love it!! </div></div>

Where can I buy one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greenron15</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srv656s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Wedgie is the best!! I love it!! </div></div>

Where can I buy one.
</div></div>

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Tapered-Rear-Bag.html

www.google.com

I need a Rear Bag that I can have names on them as gifts for some shooters from Europe coming in for a course. Does anyone still put names on the straps? I know Redman used to do this when he was starting out. Any ideas ? Thanks!

I just ordered a Wedgie today. Doesn't that sound funny? Can't wait till I get my wedgie.

Think I'll tell all my friends how excited I am about getting a wedgie...or not.

Ordered a hat too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762Fundi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need a Rear Bag that I can have names on them as gifts for some shooters from Europe coming in for a course. Does anyone still put names on the straps? I know Redman used to do this when he was starting out. Any ideas ? Thanks! </div></div>

We can embroider the name directly on our bag if that will work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762Fundi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need a Rear Bag that I can have names on them as gifts for some shooters from Europe coming in for a course. Does anyone still put names on the straps? I know Redman used to do this when he was starting out. Any ideas ? Thanks! </div></div>

We can embroider the name directly on our bag if that will work.</div></div>

Thanks for the offer! No time so I just used a Sharpie ;-(

Oh and TRIAD thanks for the bags!