• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rear bag & fill question

DavidK

Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2006
My current rear bag is too full and does not allow enough adjustment. Unfortunately, it is sewn shut and i can not resew it if I open it.

Suggestions for a bag to buy? What should I fill it with?

Ive got this Protektor DR bag filled with heavy sand, weighs about 15lbs. very stable.
4JPelrZ.jpg

Head to a fabric store- they usually stock polyester beads for stuffing stuffed animals- these are pellets, not fibers.
They are light and won't rot like lentils or beans!

I say, if its a bench only rear bag, stuff her full of lead shot! I have a rear bag stuffed with lead shot and its stable and heavy as *^*#!

I need to be able to squeeze and release the bag for height adjustments. Not benchrest. thanks guys

I see you are in Rhode island. Go to a sail maker. they have the machine and heavy thread to re-sew. I used one on the Ct shoreline to sew some heavy webbing. Didn't want to charge me, but i left $ on the way out.

TAB Rear Bag is hard to beat for the money, and the fill allows a good range of adjustment.

What fill is it? If it is sand, then open up a small part that will close easily. Pour out whatever feels right, and then use Gorilla Glue or some such. Fine sand will come out easily, small hole.

Adjustable bag

Look at the MOA Systems Shooting bag

moashooter.com

Attachments

• IMG_1736.jpg
    IMG_1736.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 13