• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rear bag for ai at

Muldoon7

Private
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2012
What rear bags do you recomend for an accuracy international at stock? With such a gracious cut out it gives you little room to rest a bag and I wanted to get some opinions if there are better options than just the traditional square bags?

Anyone using larger pillows or something similar?

Wiebad mini tac pad works for me with my AT, if I am not rushing into position an Armageddon “the brick” grippy rear bag works too.

Traust or the square part of the two piece Reasor Clutch. I love the Reasor because of how dense the fill is. Will also be trying the new mini gamechanger

I used a Tab Gear Str8laced UL rear bag for my 2012 AX which has the same rear folding stock as the AT. I never felt that I needed anything more. I plan to use it in conjunction with my Wiebad Pump Pillow next year on the new AX I have coming.

Went trough about 3 rear bags until I finally listened to Frank and got the Tab gear rear bag, the vertical strap is nice to move the bag around and help hold it in place while you hold your buttstock in place with your thumb and forefinger. Bag is backwards in pic.
D565ABF9-3A74-4E03-A332-43258C0DCC43.jpeg

Reactions: tex68w
Rifles only. Still the best rear bag I've ver seen--bar none.

(full disclosure I do indeed shoot an AIAT) But it works great on all of my AR's and the bolt action's in my safe that only see sunlight about twice a year.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I ended up trying a weibag Mini tax I’ll let you know the results

I use a tab or accuracy first bag vertically in front of the cutout co my thumb and index finger can pinch the buttstock

I used a Tab Gear Str8laced UL rear bag for my 2012 AX which has the same rear folding stock as the AT. I never felt that I needed anything more. I plan to use it in conjunction with my Wiebad Pump Pillow next year on the new AX I have coming.

I loved my str8laced when it was brand new but less than a year later and it’s so broken down it feels like there is no filling left. Doesn’t really work anymore for me

Tab Gear all day. EDIT: I'm like @mojavejim , the small is where it's at.

Attachments

• 0C17B13D-E38F-4A18-A6BC-48909514CD19.jpeg
    0C17B13D-E38F-4A18-A6BC-48909514CD19.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 8911EE59-6C44-42AB-8316-1B7560E00658.jpeg
    8911EE59-6C44-42AB-8316-1B7560E00658.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 111
  • 7554FB4E-5EEA-4554-8B69-4E6D347C1D59.jpeg
    7554FB4E-5EEA-4554-8B69-4E6D347C1D59.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Tab gear small bag is the best fit for me. Lost my first one (very sad day) then I got 2 more :). Bought the large & gave it away.

I've been using the Game Changer with my AT and have no complaints.

How are you positioning the GC? I cannot get the OG GC to work for me at all. Im clearly doing something wrong as it works well for a lot of people

How are you positioning the GC? I cannot get the OG GC to work for me at all. Im clearly doing something wrong as it works well for a lot of people

you mean using the bag in the front of the rifle? it depends on where the CG is for the rifle, mine is probably different than yours unless you have the exact same barrel/scope/mount/etc

you mean using the bag in the front of the rifle? it depends on where the CG is for the rifle, mine is probably different than yours unless you have the exact same barrel/scope/mount/etc
No, rear bag.

Bought the large & gave it away.

Really? I have the small and am always thinking that I would like the large because frequently I have to squeeze it as far as it will allow and would still like some more height.

I guess having both is the only true answer.

What rear bags do you recomend for an accuracy international at stock? With such a gracious cut out it gives you little room to rest a bag and I wanted to get some opinions if there are better options than just the traditional square bags?

Anyone using larger pillows or something similar?

I use a clamshell fortune cookie bag for my rear ai at.