• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rear bag for bench rest?

cornhusker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2012
Towandaa,Pa
Looking for a good rear bag..I have a rabbit ear bag now but figured there
had to be something a bit better to use.Appreciate any ideas...Thanks

They look like good bags..I will order one of them.Thanks for the information..I think they may be better than
my rabbit ear bag..

Check out accurateshooter.com. Those guys all use rabbit ear bags. Tab (and similar bags) will be nowhere near as stable as a rabbit-ear type of bag.

I like the Str8 laced rear bag or the Weibad Ultralight....

The Str8 laced is super versatile and not overly bulky

Edgewood makes very nice rear bags. Personally I use Protektor rear bags, but am in the process of making a sock filled with airsoft bbs to try when using a bipod.

Edgewood makes great rear bags and they will build bags to order. For BR and F Class an angled rear bag works very well by providing a spot for your trigger hand to rest. I have a number of their rear bags and they are great people to deal with and even better they are located in New Mexico :)

I don't usually shoot from a bench... but when I do I use the same bags as prone. They're nothing fancy. I have a few redtac bags and some triad tactical bags that work fine.

If you mean BR or F-Class, call Protector and tell them exactly what rifle/stock you're shooting and they can tell you which of their 1000s of bag options will work the best for you. A great company to deal with.

If this is meant specifically for BR then either Edgewood, Protektor or Seb bags are some of the most used and cant go wrong with any of them.

i use my small rear tab bag as my main rear bench shooter but call me crazy, but i tried using my reasor game changer bag as my rear bag one time, super steady and dual purpose.