• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rear Bag Options

KillShot

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 25, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
What rear bag are you guys using? I have the Magpul PRS on my POF and I really like the looks of the Red Tac rear bag but before I drop the coin, I wanted to find out what others are running. Thanks in advance!

Re: Rear Bag Options

I use one that Mark at 3gungear.com makes called the Tactical Shmooshie It works very well as you can adjust how stiff you want it to be and It's light weight.

I use my same home made sock bag filled with poly pellets that I do with my bolt guns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use my same home made sock bag filled with poly pellets that I do with my bolt guns. </div></div>

Same here.

It's funny how the feel of a rear bag can be so crucial...

On the square range, for ultimate accuracy, when weight isn't an issue, my favorite bag is an old denim pant leg filled with the "millet" grain. It's got the magic amount of deadness to it, but moves/flows the way it should too. Downsides? It's heavy, not resistant to getting wet, and susceptible to pests and mold.

When I've got to hump my gear, I have another home made "pillow", 3"x6"x9" filled with craft-store fake snow. It is incredibly lightweight, the different side lengths makes it versatile in different positions, is waterproof, has a pretty good feel, and is INCREDIBLY lightweight. The downsides? It has too much spring to it, and the media inside doesn't "flow" into position.

I use a Red Tac rear bag and it works well.

Triad large wedge for range work; TAB for the field. Still have a soft spot for poly-filled socks, though.

I use a little Caldwell. It is small, and clips on my range bag. I have never had a problem with it.

Thanks for everyones input. I guess the thing to do is purchase one and if I don't care for it, purchase another until I find what works for me.

I also like the TAB rear bag on Rifles Only website and I'm thinking I'll opt for that one to begin with and if it doesn't suit me, I'll pick up one of the Red Tac bags.