• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rear Bag options

Boozer

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2017
Would like to get some opinions from those who have tried a few different bag set-ups.

I currently have an el-cheapo rear bag that I do not like. Too small, pretty heavy, the fill is dense, and it makes it hard to squeeze to adjust, and just never seems to be the right size. I mostly shoot prone, but in the next year i'd like to start doing more positional training, and start getting into local PRS style matches, but will only do 1-2 a year. I'd like to get thoughts on 2 different styles of bags that i would call "multi-purpose"

the 6.5 guys recently did a review on different bags, and so i'm gleaning some info from that video.

The armageddon gear game-changer - This one seems to be very popular, specifically for support on barricades, but i have heard that folks will use it as a rear bag in a pinch.

The Wiebad pump pillow, or cole-tac cuddle bag, etc.- these seem very interesting, and supposed work very well as a rear bag when "hugged" for lack of a better term, but can also be thrown on a barricade (as long as it's wide enough), rocks, etc. Could be used under your arm for offhand or kneeling style shots. I'll be honest, i'm leaning this direction, but wanted to get opinions on how it worked from the prone position.

All these are all around $100, and i can't splurge on all at the same time, so if you had to pick just 1????

Thanks

BB

I'd get the Game Changer, it's much more versatile in my experience. Some will say get the OG but I have had no issues with the smaller strappy game changer that I have or have been left wishing I'd gotten the bigger, heavier one. If you feel like the game changer doesn't have enough fill or too much you can adjust it to your liking. I've the game changer as a rear bag and a front bag off plywood barricades, pipes, culvert, logs, rocks, it's been well worth the cost at competitions and at the range.

I have the Game Changer and have used it as a rear bag in a pinch, but I didn't care for it in that manner. It excels at providing a stable platform when it's thrown on the barricade. I might need more time using it as a rear bag, but my initial impression was my homemade bag (sock filled with poly-beads) worked much better as a rear bag, if you're only using it to raise or lower/steady the butt of the rifle. I would also consider the Traust shooting bags if I were looking at something like the Pump Pillow. Bison Tactical sells them and they're a great product.

Anyone tried the "tactical udder" bag that bison tactical has? Looks interesting.

I only use 2 bags these days and would prefer one if possible. The gamechanger and the Warhorse Development large canister. The Warhorse Development large canister is a heavy fill bag that sits just like a game changer. Its great for rear support and shooting off stuff.

Anyone tried the "tactical udder" bag that bison tactical has? Looks interesting.

I've tried one and I liked it. It fits barricades much like the Game Changer does, where the fill seems to form itself around the structure of the barricade. .

I've tried one and I liked it. It fits barricades much like the Game Changer does, where the fill seems to form itself around the structure of the barricade. .

Thanks! Do you feel that vs game changer is any better? Basically just curious if the single tract perpendicular to the rifle is less useful than having a tract running parallel as well.

Another option that kills a few birds with one stone is the Armageddon Gear Clutch Bag System that snaps together two bags to form a barricade bag or they can be used separately as a front and/or rear bag.

Thanks! Do you feel that vs game changer is any better? Basically just curious if the single tract perpendicular to the rifle is less useful than having a tract running parallel as well.

I don't think one is necessarily better than the other, but I admit I've only used the Saracen a handful of times on things like a tank trap, rooftop, and cattle guard. If you don't already own a Game Changer, I think the Saracen might be just a hair more versatile, given its shape, but it's not enough to warrant buying one if you're already using a Game Changer

I don't think one is necessarily better than the other, but I admit I've only used the Saracen a handful of times on things like a tank trap, rooftop, and cattle guard. If you don't already own a Game Changer, I think the Saracen might be just a hair more versatile, given its shape, but it's not enough to warrant buying one if you're already using a Game Changer

Thanks man appreciate the input!

Thanks everyone for your input. Definitely a strong showing for the game changer, so what I may do is buy the gamechanger, and see if I can home brew my own version of the pump pillow or cuddle bag, to try it out and see if I like it before I invest the $$'s. Any ideas on where I can get the type of lightweight filling they use in those types of bags? I've seen this before:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/43...black-and-gray

but I'm pretty sure that this is the type of filling I have in my current rear bag that I don't like.

EDIT: reading that some folks recommend Airsoft BB's for a good lightweight fill. Thoughts?

BB

Last edited:
i've been using a home made reag bag - big sock with pantyhose inside and that filled with airsoft bb's. the panty hose help keep the bb's from leaking thru the sock. it's pretty full and can easily adjust elevation by squeezing. i'm also looking for some sort of 'wedge' to use in the rear, with very light but stable fill inside. just move it forward or aft to get your buttstock elevation.