• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rear bag - WEDGE?

Re: Rear bag - WEDGE?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's nice even though I sold mine. I would suggest the larger wedge. </div></div>

+1

Just got mine from Triad. I did the right thing by getting the larger one.

I use the Dog-Gone-Good Holland Field bags. Dog-Gone-Good bags are outstanding quality and made here in the USA. They also have a lifetime warranty. What ever design you choose, I am sure you will be happy with them. If you don't like them for any reason you can return them.

Decided against bags all together. I decided to order a accu-shot monopod the stud mount quick action type. I figure I may end up getting some kind of small bag for those times I'm shooting downhill and need a little more lift.

I have both size wedge bags from Triad. I have other bags from Red Tac, Tab, and homemade. I grab the 2 wedge bags first every time. Yes the big one is a little heavy. I keep an ITW Grimloc attached to each bag. That makes carrying them easier. I just clip it to my sling, belt loop, or whatever is handy. When varmint hunting in tall grass I have stacked the 2 bags together for extra height. I have also used the large bag as a front rest on my muzzleloader where I can't use a bipod.

Reactions: deersniper
It sounds like you need both wedges to cover all situations.

I have the small Triad wedge. I have tried a few other rear bag designs, and keep on coming back to the wedge. Love the gross elevation changes and how the packing settles with small changes of the support hand grip. The small one works great, but there are certainly times I wish I had the large one too. I do not like standing the small one up on end when it’s not tall enough to be used as designed.

Reactions: deersniper