• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rear bag

Pckphunter

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2020
Nashville
I’m gonna try my hand at making some rear bags. I’ve got a bunch of shredded dense memory foam and thought it might make a good bag. Any suggestions on dimensions

Great idea keep the suggestions coming. Thinking I’ll put a zipper in so I can adjust the density.

Put a loop on the corner so that you can carry it on a belt with a carabiner...

I like mine, old car heart pants+ plastic shopping bags+ airsoft bbs+ wife with a few free minutes on the weekend = decent bag with 3 height options.

Attachments

• PHOTO_20200628_114100.jpg
    PHOTO_20200628_114100.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 136
  • PHOTO_20200628_114039.jpg
    PHOTO_20200628_114039.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 147
  • PHOTO_20200628_114048.jpg
    PHOTO_20200628_114048.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 122
I like the Caldwell rabbit ear bag filled with birdseed... lighter than sand and won’t transmit heartbeat. Has a clip on it for hanging off your range bag.

I made my first one because I'm too cheap to spend $100 on one and taught myself how to sew. Now I've been making them for friends and thinking about doing a little side business because people like them so much.

Reactions: Simonsza1
sprad05....you can't just leave us hanging like this without showing some of your handiwork.

^^^ I really like the looks of that. Are you making these available for purchase?

The Protektor bumblebee bags with either single or double stitching between the ears work well for sportier style stocks. If you call them they can make any size or height that you want.

Memory foam is going to be too squishy for a rear bag IMO. We spent months and tons of money testing different fills before arriving at what we use. We’ve since added another fill that’s really good. The cut size of the bag is a small factor but the characteristics of the fill + the fill level is the most important factor in making a rear bag more than just beads in a sack.

that bag looks great, very professional and well thought out....

i bet the type of fill makes a huge difference, i tried rice but wasn't crazy about it....found some very small rubberized beads that seem to be working nicely in my crudely fashioned bag

Last edited:
I have designed and made about 15 different patterns in last 4-5 years and made a couple hundred in total. Whole thing was more or less just a way to get folks i shot with equipped with quality gear. Initialy things went along the lines of what folks use in PRS , but as we are more into the tactical sniping than PRS , i started making ever smaller bags with ever more utility and the mini 6 pack or the Original Six pack sort of became the go to bags

The slighly larger model the 'Original 6pack' is mostly used by LE as i did make them in quantity for Bavarian Police for their SEK (german SWAT)snipers.

The small bag is called Mini 6 Pack as its offering 3 basic heights (17x12x8cm) and when you tighten the side loops bag dimensions change and so does the 'firmness' ,offering 3 new heights and of course infinite in between combinations

Bags are made out of CNC laser cut patterns in 600D or 1000D Cordura .

Webbing on one side is width-wise on the other lengthwise so you can attach the bag to bipod or over the barrel and the stock and use it as a forward bag
The small ears are for carabiner-

Bags are not prefilled as shipping in Europe is much more expensive than in US , but that offers many choices of fill and how much you pack it, most use the BB with his one, i found hollow high-velocity BBs to save weight and still work the same as heavy fill , the zipper is hidden by a flap so is 100% covered all the time.

IMG_20200725_172530.jpg
IMG_20200725_172536.jpg

These two i use the most Mini Truckle and Mini 6Pack . Yes i used to make a bunch in the past , but you know here in Europe these things are relatively cheap compared to US and market is small so no money in it . So am not making any at this time, might still do a run in the future as i have some new ideas .

Currently, i am busy developing an new integrally suppressed bolt action carbine for one of European CT units , clean slate design just entering the prototype manufacturing stage

Last edited:
Reactions: Habu34
Nice bag! Did you make that out of canvas or a different material?

It was us army camp material, but I have some dark green codura, and just got some camo ripstop to try out as well. Just sent out some rear bags with the same camo and starting to work on designing some brass/ammo bags

Attachments

• 20200803_172235.jpg
    20200803_172235.jpg
    756 KB · Views: 30
It was us army camp material, but I have some dark green codura, and just got some camo ripstop to try out as well. Just sent out some rear bags with the same camo and starting to work on designing some brass/ammo bags
Nice, I was thinking about making some out of some old army uniforms. I think the cordura would hold up a bit better though

Worked pretty well this weekend at a match

Attachments

• IMG_20200926_170634_791.jpg
    IMG_20200926_170634_791.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 32