• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Rear bags banned during club match

stick your support hand thumb in your collar and pull the stock into your shoulder pocket with the other fingers, or hold your bicep and support the stock with the web of your thumb/index. Try em both out and run with whatever is more comfortable/stable. I still run a shooting glove on my support hand.

If you have a bench to rest your hand on, use your fist old school marine style..squeeze your fist to lower poa, relax fist to raise poa.

Reactions: sandwarrior
Here is the problem. I shoot 3 shots under 0.5 moa, then the wobble comes into play and I got a flyer. With a rear bag I can stabilise the crosshair on the target and slowly pull the trigger. When I use my forehand to support the stock the whole inhale-exhale wobble destroys the POA. Even during respiratory pause I find it difficult to combat the wobble (the rifle weights about 7kg).

Attachments

• B65C2F23-6DF4-4FC3-88A7-1C270824E0D4.jpeg
    B65C2F23-6DF4-4FC3-88A7-1C270824E0D4.jpeg
    351.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Have you tried a shooting glove? They have a reinforced leather section in the web of your thumb/index, it will insulate you from the rifle to a degree. Thats what I was jokingly referencing in my initial post about sewing a rear bag into a glove. A lot of positions I shoot from, I don’t have a rear bag tall enough and I shoot off my hand often. For a handful of shots I don’t need it, but for long strings of fire or a full day shooting the glove helps a ton.

Reactions: sandwarrior
Have you tried a shooting glove? They have a reinforced leather section in the web of your thumb/index, it will insulate you from the rifle to a degree. Thats what I was jokingly referencing in my initial post about sewing a rear bag into a glove. A lot of positions I shoot from, I don’t have a rear bag tall enough and I shoot off my hand often. For a handful of shots I don’t need it, but for long strings of fire or a full day shooting the glove helps a ton.
Twice now, I've liked Powder_Burns comments. And for good reason. A glove is going to help you stiffen your rear hold and not beat your hand up.

I know it's one of those "club" "whoever" rules, but you gotta go by them as everyone else does. Do what you can and take your time and shoot your best!

Last edited:
Here is the problem. I shoot 3 shots under 0.5 moa, then the wobble comes into play and I got a flyer. With a rear bag I can stabilise the crosshair on the target and slowly pull the trigger. When I use my forehand to support the stock the whole inhale-exhale wobble destroys the POA. Even during respiratory pause I find it difficult to combat the wobble (the rifle weights about 7kg).

you need to practice more how you shoot the match.