• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rear lug LRB m1a recieivers?

MDStroup

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2011
Chesapeake,Virginia
When looking up different parts for a up and coming mk14 mod 0 build I have planed I came across LRB's rear lug m1a recieivers. What purpose does the rear lug serve because they are about $100 more than a standard recieiver. I also see on their web site you can get the rear lug installed on a standard recieiver for a price, i'm assuming that it gives the recieiver more strength than the original. Also would I be able to even use one on Sages mod 0 stock? (Sorry for the stupid question I'm not that familiar with the m1a system)

Re: rear lug LRB m1a recieivers?

It doesn't give it more strength, but it does give it more bedding area. I don't know if they fit in the Sage stocks or not, at least without modification. I'm pretty sure they'll fit in the JAE stocks.

LRB m14s are real nice actions. I've got the standard action and had Ted Brown from Oregon Barrel the action with a 1/10 heavy Kreiger barrel.

Sage Stocks DO NOT work with rear lugged receivers. With the way the stock is designed there is no advantage in having a real lug.

Look at the M25 too, they have an integral rail for a scope, takes out the hassle of a side-mounted optics mount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What purpose does the rear lug serve</div></div>

I have never figured it out.

I got my M1A in 1977, a couple years later it was converted to a Super Match by Gene Barnett (Barnett Barrels) when he was working as an armor for the NG MTU.

I've shot it constantly, shooting for the guard until I retired in 1992. Still shoot it today. It shoots pretty dern good, No real lug.

While in the guard I ran the AK NG Marksmanship unit and had 30 plus NM M14s on my property book. They were used by some pretty dern good shooter..........no rear lug.

I went to sniper school using the M21, I've taught sniper schools using the M21. They shot pretty dern good. No rear lug.

I shot a 1000 yard team match at 29 Palms in when the AMU was still using M14s. We were squaded next to the AMU team. They use M14s without rear lugs, The team posted a 799/800 (poor guy who dropped a point caught hell). The point..no rear lugs.

I classify a rear lug on a M14/M1A in the same class as piston ARs,,,,,,,,,a solution to an non-existant problem.