• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rear squeeze bag

Whiplash5198

Private
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2013
Idaho
Just thought I would throw this out there...I just happend to see an extra Oakley sunglasses bag, the black microfiber kind, in my drawer. So I filled it with dy rice, put a zip tie on it. And low and behold, it works pretty good for a small squeeze bag.

Nice! I've been searching for the poly beads to replace the sand in mine to no avail. Several big crafts stores have given me strange looks when I ask if they have them. It looks like I'm going to have to buy standard airsoft bb's instead. Rice is perfect as long as it stays dry.

Nice! I've been searching for the poly beads to replace the sand in mine to no avail. Several big crafts stores have given me strange looks when I ask if they have them. It looks like I'm going to have to buy standard airsoft bb's instead. Rice is perfect as long as it stays dry.

I got mine on ebay - try searching for "poly beads". Sorry I don't remember the vendor but I found him easily and they were not expensive.

I forget what he called 'em, but a member on here hooked me right up with these plastic beads they use to make coca cola bottles with. They're sort of round in 2D, oblong in the 3rd dimension. They lock up tight when squeezed, loose when not. In short, they're perfect. I'm just trying to figure out a good material to use to stitch mine up.

I used the rice when I was an SDM. Used it in a sock. Figured on getting it wet and throwing it out, but turns out it stayed dry and I still have the damn thing and still use it now and again --ten years later!

I got beads from Walmat 2 containers in a OD sock knot it and put a tie wrap cutoff extra material.

Attachments

• be35n4is.jpg
    be35n4is.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Definitely curious about these. Got a picture of them?

My wife picked up some from Hobby Lobby in the stuffed toy making area for about $2/lb

I'd go with these on ebay, or something like 'em:

poly-pellets | eBay

I think poly pellets are what I have and they are really light. As light or lighter than the rice.

Jmanwit, the picture of the sock above is basically what a squeeze bag looks like. A sock like that is exactly what I used and I filled it with rice. I'd like to make a better one now, perhaps sewn from an old Underarmor shirt with these plastic pellets. But still just a cylinder with enough filling such that when you squeeze it under the rear of the buttstock, it gives gentle, solid changes in elevation and a good stable rear rest for the rifle.

Thanks. I was actually curious about the poly beads that were polygonal used for coke bottles. Sound stellar. I like the idea of the under armour shirt. Good, soft material.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I was actually curious about the poly beads that were polygonal used for coke bottles. Sound stellar. I like the idea of the under armour shirt. Good, soft material.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Yep, it's what I'm gonna do here, maybe today. I want to try one using the Underarmor material for stretch, and another like it but with a cover made from the nylon from either a rucksack or maybe the ripstop stuff from a poncho. I'd like a tougher one for the field, one for the range.

This guy on here, a member, sent me a big box of the stuff --more than I'll use. If you need just enough to make a squeeze bag, I'll give you some if you cover shipping. It's all I paid for it myself. Just PM me.

I forget what he called the "beads" (pellets really) or what they are made of, but he said they make either coke or milk bottles from 'em, and the geometry of these "beads" is perfect. Not perfectly round, not flat or rough edges, not identical, not too big or little. Just right. Only thing better would be if they actually made pellets like this that are rice shaped, because rice DOES do a damn good job, so far as squeeze, displacement of material, ease of use, etc. goes.

If they made a pellet like this, a strong plastic pellet but with air pockets to make it lighter, then that'd be THE perfect filler. But I've never seen any. Thinking like a plastic Rice Krispy would be just the bee's knees, the best of both worlds.

Anybody know of that or work with a plastic like that? Rice Krispy shaped with holes, airpockets and all?

I had a bunch of long sleeve under armor shirts that were messed up, so i cut the forearms off and filled them with poly beads from walmart. Best bags i have found. lots of squeeze but still firm.

I found some beads at Hobby Lobby, told them I was looking for the little plastic BB's that you'd use to stuff dolls with. They were able to point me to them in no time.

I bought bags of poly beads from AC Moore craft store. They were expensive for small bags so I returned them after purchasing 25lbs off Amazon.com. You can also get good deals on poly beads off Ebay.

I used dried deer corn in my x bag. Started with airsoft bbs but the corn actually works better. Had it in there for about 2 years, checked it several times for moisture, no problem.
Copper

Anybody know what the material is inside all those little stress balls that companies have made with their name and logo to give away at various promo events. They seem like they would be perfect if the were about 5-6 times the size of the handheld stress balls.

Another source for beads is a nursery that deals in fish ponds. Bead filters are really common. I took the cuff off an old BDU with the tie and sewed up the other end. Filled it with the filter beads. Been using it for years.

Ok got a story on my dry rice/Oakley rear squeeze bag...went shootin the other day and looked for my bag, couldn't find it...the first response to my original post mentioned rain...well I found my rear bag. It was out in the desert right where I dropped it 2 weeks ago. I said it only rained one day around here. Well it rained twice. Bag was a little damp but the rice dried out just fine and back in use.....rain...still laughin.

if you want to replace it with poly beads I've got a ton of them that I picked up off a member here hit me up and I'll fill a box for you