• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rebarrel/New Barrel for a LMT MWS????

MtGoat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2003
Middleton, Idaho
Does anyone sell a barrel ready to go for a MWS other than LMT? I believe there are smiths that will take your MWS barrel and put a new barrel on the stock extension but does anyone just offer a complete barrel without the doner extension?
It does not appear that LMT will sell just the extension.

Pat

Re: Rebarrel/New Barrel for a LMT MWS????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MtGoat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone sell a barrel ready to go for a MWS other than LMT? I believe there are smiths that will take your MWS barrel and put a new barrel on the stock extension but does anyone just offer a complete barrel without the doner extension?
It does not appear that LMT will sell just the extension.

Pat </div></div>

I thought the LMT MWS barrel is a one piece? I wasn't sure since I'm still learning about this gun.

Typically there is a barrel extension and a barrel for ease of production....may be wrong???

Pat

I just looked at an MWS barrel and can't tell if it is one piece or two. The ring thingy that stabilizes the gas tube is pressed on at the end of what would be the barrel extension and the edge is not visible. I have seen an MWS in an earlier post with a Noveske barrel. Go up and you will find the picture... I thought it was a one-piece barrel, but now I'm not sure

DBMG will convert a barrel to the MRP platform and you don't need a donor MRP extension. They just machine the standard extension on the barrel to fit the MRP platform.

I'm curious what machining is done on the standard extension to fit the MWS. I haven't looked at detailed pics of the extensions yet, but at first glance, I just notice the machined slot. What other work is necessary on the extension?