• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Rebarrel Sig ssg3000

flynlow3

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2010
IL, EFFINGHAM
I know you can purchase barrels made by benchmark. I want to make my Sig ssg3000 a .260 switch barrel chambered by my custom spec reamer. My question is, can I purchase a benchmark extension and a bartlein barrel of the proper contour and ream it or is it not that simple? Noticed the benchmark barrels are 750+.

You can place any barrel into the adapter as long as it fits a 30 caliber bolt the magazine is quite long any gunsmith can place a barrel on the adapter

Yes, confirming what Nate40 penned....one generally sends both your bolt along with the extension.

Reactions: NATE40
Never had send a bolt just buy the barrel and caliber but I just buy them from benchmark

I know you can purchase barrels made by benchmark. I want to make my Sig ssg3000 a .260 switch barrel chambered by my custom spec reamer. My question is, can I purchase a benchmark extension and a bartlein barrel of the proper contour and ream it or is it not that simple? Noticed the benchmark barrels are 750+.
Yes you can the barrel, as long as you have the base , a gunsmith, or yourself

Reactions: flynlow3