• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recap of the URSA NorCal June '22 event

ELR researcher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
www.elr-resources.com
26 June 2022 - Recap of the URSA NorCal June '22 event (by RD, Lynn Dragoman; build info and comments from Oscar)

Well, we had 6 guns on the line and everyone got 3 hits to qualify to shoot record at 2054 yards. Everyone once again got 3 hits except White Mamba who got 4 hits to win match one. We held a sudden death shoot-off for Runner Up and Mitch Palmer from Panther Rock Ranch finished top of the heap.

We had time, and as it was our last match before the deer season closure (until October), so we held a second match. Just like the first match, White Mamba got 4 hits to win it outright and Mitch Palmer took home Runner Up again. Congrats to both shooters.

Mitch was shooting from his latest Panther Rock Ranch shooting gear, a portable shooting platform he calls a "Prone Throne". I have no idea on a price or availability but this is a very serious piece of equipment. It is all steel construction with a neoprene top and foot straps so you don't recoil yourself out of position. It also comes with a large umbrella to keep the sun off of the shooter and the shooters scope. Picture was taken at the last minute and doesn't do it justice.

We also tested the Panther Rock Ranch lights out against our RTAC lights and T1000 lights. The Panther Rock Ranch lights are about twice as bright as the RTAC lights and we had one wire get shot but the lights kept on working. Brian has it triple redundant so you can shoot half a dozen wires off and it still works. They are working on a website.

White Mamba declined to release his build info.

Mitch was shooting 300 gr Lapua Scenars out of his Surgeon-built 338 LM with Surgeon 1581XL action, Bartlein 30" barrel, Cadex Dual-Strike chassis, Nightforce 8-32x56 NXS scope, and Barrett Zero-Gap rings on the actions integrated 20 MOA rail.

a portable shooting platform he calls a "Prone Throne". I have no idea on a price or availability but this is a very serious piece of equipment. It is all steel construction with a neoprene top and foot straps so you don't recoil yourself out of position. It also comes with a large umbrella to keep the sun off of the shooter and the shooters scope. Picture was taken at the last minute and doesn't do it justice.

He's my fucking hero - what a piece of equipment.

EDIT: I wonder if you could make this out of aluminum to save weight, and make it foldable/collapsible for transport. I love the fact that it declines at the waist position of the shooter. Not only does it look like a much more comfortable shooting stance, but it also saves space/weight.

EDIT: I wonder if you could make this out of aluminum to save weight, and make it foldable/collapsible for transport. I love the fact that it declines at the waist position of the shooter. Not only does it look like a much more comfortable shooting stance, but it also saves space/weight.

I have a similar prone platform made of wood. Probably 50-60 pounds total and full length. Can't find the pics at the moment so will assemble later and shoot. Mine is ~knee high to get above grass and some mirage. Great for feeble old farts that whine about bad knees when they have to get down into prone and back up.

Well I’ve never been called A hero before but thank you! I initially made the Pronethrone™ For two specific reasons. One: I am as you are, an old fart, if I lay prone on the ground for more than 10 minutes my shooting affiliates will have to literally pick me up off the ground. Therefore, I made it so the hips are slightly bent to take pressure off of my lower back. It works like a dream! Also, I designed it to be an all-terrain bench to keep a flat shooting position in uneven surfaces. The neoprene surface on which to lay is quite comfortable and I must say the umbrella is a godsend. I also incorporated foot straps and an adjustable bipod trap for recoil and for those that like to frontload. I am in the process of fabricating a lighter weight version ( which I fully intend to put into production and sell them) which will be easier to transport as this prototype is quite cumbersome. I do have a patent pending on my design. If you have further questions please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Last edited: